PDA

View Full Version : Firestone...The Experience You Dont Want!

.blank cd
01-28-2007, 12:41 PM
So I was searching for a place to swap my tires onto different wheels yesterday and against my better judgment, I took the car to Firestone on N Cobb Parkway in Acworth. I say "against my better judgement" because Ive taken my girlfriends car to get new tires and an alignment. Somehow in the process of them doing that they flipped her radius rod backwards or around or something cuasing the camber to be worse than it was coming in. resulting in a brand new tire wasted...

So i drop off my car. I ask them ONLY to take the wheels off of the tires that are on the car and put my new ones on the same tires and put them back on and balence them. I also asked for the stick on wheel weights so I dont have the ugly clip on weights. I proceeded to swipe my card for $59.75 and he said it would take a couple hrs since it was a little busy. 2hrs later i call them up and ask them if they've finished my car so i could pick it up. He told me he hadnt gotten the car up yet. an hour after that, Doug, the manager calls me up and tells me that all the tires have steel showing all around the tires, and that my ball joints were coming out or something. I just did work on my suspension and my ball joints are fine. He says that if i wanted to buy some tires then he would do it. He said verbatim "why dont you save up some money and buy some new tires" I felt very insulted like i dont make enough money to buy tires for my car. I told him I had a reason that i wanted those tires on those wheels and if i wanted to buy some new tires i would do so.

I leave my house this afternoon and start going down the street and hear this scraping noise. Turns out they bent up my splash shield underneath the car.

I guess to make a long story short, I do not recommend going to firestone for whatever reason. Unless you want to feel in

HeLLo iM iZzY
01-28-2007, 02:24 PM
And how does that make you feel?

Wurm
01-28-2007, 02:55 PM
woooooooooooooooooooosah

The Ninja
01-28-2007, 04:19 PM
I say go columbine on their ass.

Crazy Asian
01-28-2007, 05:15 PM
The firestone down in perimeter gave me a tire for 80 Lol.

AtifSajid
01-29-2007, 08:56 AM
you really cant trust anyone at maintenance shops unless you REALLY know them. Half the fucks have no idea what they are doing. I use to always have some kind of problem when taking my ride, so now Im real careful. I know they rape you, but the dealership does the best job IMO. Thats where the Acura goes now.

ATK_Designs
01-29-2007, 09:01 AM
I know that some firestone are shady. But one of the head tech guys down in my area did my alignment really well.

JConner
01-29-2007, 09:37 AM
i will never go to Firestone again! i went there to have new brakes put on, oil changed and tires rotated a few months ago. It was supposed to be a 2 hour deal so i had a friend come get me and we walked around the mall. Two hours later we head back to Firestone where my truck hasn't even been touched....to make a long story short it ended up being about 6 hours before they finished. Oh and while i was there, they put breaks on some guys expedition (sp?) and the guy that went to test the brakes was pulled over and arrested for doing 70 in a 35 in the customers suv!

So dont visit the Conyers location on 138 either.

devin
01-29-2007, 09:42 AM
i could have told you not to go to firestone

thinkfast®
01-29-2007, 09:48 AM
PLEASE EXPLAIN

.blank cd
01-29-2007, 10:46 AM
And how does that make you feel?

It makes me feel pretty bad man. Pretty bad and insulted :(

devin
01-29-2007, 10:52 AM
PLEASE EXPLAIN

firestone sucks

.blank cd
01-29-2007, 11:05 AM
firestone sucks

That pretty much sums it up right there. I just called up the main office and bitched. I called my bank last night on a hunch. They never put my money back in my accout. Shady mother lovers

devin
01-29-2007, 11:07 AM
i have worked at a couple different shops and i have seen the kind of shit they do, people have had cars towed to my shop cuz some guy at firestone fuck the car up.

.blank cd
01-29-2007, 11:14 AM
I would believe it. Its ok tho. they will be getting alot of neg. rep from me.

Leisa
01-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Good Lord look at all the links in that paragraph...lol

kennyboi
01-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Firestone sucks for real I will NEVER do business with them again i my life.

thinkfast®
01-29-2007, 12:00 PM
LOL @ BALL JOINTS

BlkCD5
01-29-2007, 11:13 PM
most tire shops are shady :cussing:. A kauffman tire i went to, they said it would be extra cus my car is lowered. All they fucking do is put 2x4's under the car to get it on the lift. I didn't realize that was $50 in extra labor. Also the first one i aligned my car with said thats the best they could do. Neg camber was 1.5 . At the other shop, they adjusted the camber to a -.1 for less.

R3RUN
01-30-2007, 01:29 AM
Firestone quoted me 550 for 2 bridgestone potenzas. I laughed in the guys face and went on to buy 4 bfg g-force sports for less than 550 installed, balanced, etc.

.blank cd
01-30-2007, 01:36 AM
Firestone quoted me 550 for 2 bridgestone potenzas. I laughed in the guys face and went on to buy 4 bfg g-force sports for less than 550 installed, balanced, etc.

Yeah my g/f paid 400+ for the cheap bridgestone potenzas before mount/balance/align. Thought it was kinda steep but i didnt say anything.

R3RUN
01-30-2007, 01:41 AM
It was insane, when the guy told me the price I died laughing. Then I hung up and went someplace else.

.blank cd
01-30-2007, 01:43 AM
where did you end up getting the bfg's from?

R3RUN
01-30-2007, 01:46 AM
I cant quite remember the exact name but it was right off of pleasant hill and PIB. So far so good, I wanted to go Tire Rack but time didnt allow me to.

.blank cd
01-30-2007, 01:57 AM
I think im gonna get some from there too. A buddy of mine works in the parts dept. of Days Chevy up here in Acworth. he says he gets em @ cost. :goodjob:

R3RUN
01-30-2007, 02:00 AM
Nice, I really like the tires. Next best thing to the KDW-2's imo

thinkskater
01-30-2007, 02:48 PM
i work at tires plus. basically there under the same name. firestone/bridgestone.
nine outta ten times they will not fuck with the camber on the alignment.only the toe. thats it less the camber is somthing crazy out. for that fact any part of the alignment is out. if it is they tell u and they also give a price on how much it cost to fix it (least we do). guy came in with a 2k crew cab 2500 chevy truck. asked for a alignment. we said great put it up on the rack looked and checked everthing out. his driver side upper control arm was bent and buckled in . we gave a guy a price to fix it he denied the work we did the alignment to get the toe straight. thing pulled like crazy to the right . he even was retarded enough to come back like 3 months later with a bald ass tire saying wtf is this ? . then i told us he jumped a curb. you dont bend control arms in a HD 2500 by jumping a freakin curb. sorry no pass go .

you guys all just had a shit load of bad luck. and as for the time thing . shit takes alotta god damn time. i only do 10 cars a day if i work my ass off. and 50 go through there in a day. so when u come up there be expecting a delay less the parking lot is empty

again. not calling anyone stupid , potenza's are top quality tires. why there so much if u wantem cheaper ask for no road hazard and no lifetime balence. no one is being made fun of im just giving u the other side of the story

cliff notes for the non readers.

when going to a all around maintence shop
1. tell them no courtesy check <--- top of the fluids , spect tires, brakes belts all the basic stuff. skip that for your time shake

2. get to know the person working on your car if possible. tip if possible also that will always get your job done 3 million times better. no joke

3. look for a empty parking lot if u are looking to get out within a small amount of time.

4. if they tell u there is stuff is wrong with your car, there is. firestone will fire the shit outta anyone who is false in there suggestions.

AGAIN im just tellin the other side!

R3RUN
01-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Don't get me wrong the Potenzas were decent tires but no way in hell was I going to pay 550 for 2 of them. Thats gang rape. I understand the time thing to, I needed tires fast and nobody had the KDW's in stock, more my fault for being in a rush.

.blank cd
01-30-2007, 11:27 PM
when going to a all around maintence shop
1. tell them no courtesy check <--- top of the fluids , spect tires, brakes belts all the basic stuff. skip that for your time shake

2. get to know the person working on your car if possible. tip if possible also that will always get your job done 3 million times better. no joke

3. look for a empty parking lot if u are looking to get out within a small amount of time.

4. if they tell u there is stuff is wrong with your car, there is. firestone will fire the shit outta anyone who is false in there suggestions.

AGAIN im just tellin the other side!

Then im going back there and getting some folks fired. They said my ball joints were coming loose and my tires had steel coming out of them. I personally inspected both before and after i took my car there and they all were fine all around. misdiagnosis

BlkCD5
01-31-2007, 12:17 AM
Did you take pics? Also were the two supposedly "bad tires" the ones from the yard?

SKUNK2GUY
01-31-2007, 01:45 AM
haha a couple weeks ago i was drunk and went the waffle house on the corner of 20 and buford higway and when me an dmy friends got out the car we pissed on the firestone building next door and the cook came out(which by the way looked like the freak from the goonies) and said hey don't pee there my family owns that building and i said motherfucker if you're family owned firestone your busted ass wouldn't be working overnight at waffle house. he got really pissed and wouldn't serve us. point of the story is fuck firestone and everything around it.

BlkCD5
01-31-2007, 02:12 AM
Just cus his family owns it, doesn't mean he's full of bank. His parents probably make him work for his shit.

SKUNK2GUY
01-31-2007, 02:42 AM
this mother fucker was 50

.blank cd
01-31-2007, 04:03 PM
i'll take pics of the ball joints and the tires. they got a little camber wear on em but the toe is damn near true so they dont get eat up that much.

a buddy is supposed to give me some tires of his that are laying around the house that are the same size and i was gonna take it to the shop tomorrow and let him do it

BlkCD5, the two tires we got from the yard are still on the new wheels. The firestone "tech" (i use that word here very loosely) said all 4 of the tires that are on the car have steel coming out of them. which they dont. most of them still got good tread on the inside

BlkCD5
02-01-2007, 11:29 PM
:cussing: what a dummy. The ones we got from the yard couldn't have worn down so fast.

Ran
02-02-2007, 08:53 AM
I get Yousef to do all my tire work at Kaufmann. He's slow, and probably puts bombs in my rims, but he does good work.