PDA

View Full Version : Vtec problem?

jmmx258
01-27-2007, 09:20 PM
This afternoon I got in my car and was gonig to teach soembody how to drive a standard. It was a girl so of course i'm going to jump on it and let the Vtec own! Well, I grabbed 2nd gear, ran all the way up to around 7K and the Vtec never kicked. Grabbed 3rd, Same deal. So, I stopped, opened the hood thought that some how I had knocked a plug off the solenoid when I was washing out the engine compartment. Checked all that over and everything was hooked up. So we got back in the car, it ran fine, then I jumped on it again and the VTec kicked right in.

Just the other day when I was washing the car, I went to move it on to the cement and it wouldnt rev to anything over 1500R's. Shut it down, Started it back up. Ran fine.

Anybody ever have this problem? I'd like to get it fixed before it leaves me stranded somewhere lol.

Thanks

speedminded
01-27-2007, 09:30 PM
oil pressure...check oil.

jmmx258
01-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Checked. Oil is fine :( ahh this sucks

Kyle
01-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Maybe it's the Z3 fenders. :lmao:

JP I dunno a thing about hondas.

thepolecat
01-27-2007, 10:05 PM
IDK, but it sounds like it is going into limp mode for something. Is it OBDII?

jmmx258
01-27-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm not sure what OBD it is. I can turn wrenches and build the motor. But i have no idea how to tell on what obd it is. I belive "0" but idk?

Benefit
01-27-2007, 11:06 PM
what year is your car

speedminded
01-27-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm not sure what OBD it is. I can turn wrenches and build the motor. But i have no idea how to tell on what obd it is. I belive "0" but idk?turning wrenches all day long won't do you a bit of good if you don't know how to read the codes on you car :tongue: check engine light on? do you know how to test the solenoid?

what year is your carmore like what engine (if it's swapped)

jmmx258
01-27-2007, 11:36 PM
its swapped its a B16. sorry about lack of info. I dont know how to test the solenoid. I dont even know how to get the codes out of this thing :( I've never really had electrical problems before. Either i've ran all Small blocks with carbs, or my honda problems have been rods going through the block. The Year of the block i dont know either i know it says B16A on it.

speedminded
01-27-2007, 11:42 PM
its swapped its a B16. sorry about lack of info. I dont know how to test the solenoid. I dont even know how to get the codes out of this thing :( I've never really had electrical problems before. Either i've ran all Small blocks with carbs, or my honda problems have been rods going through the block. The Year of the block i dont know either i know it says B16A on it.prolly obd0 then

an0therh22
01-27-2007, 11:59 PM
if its in ur EF than i would guess thats its most likely obo0.