PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer Trouble

CiVeK9
06-16-2005, 11:12 PM
i ran my system and the head unit and speakers work. When i hooked up my mono amp to my subwoofer. The power comes on then goes off. i tried it on a couple of different amps and it all did the same thing. i double check all the wiring and everything was correct. what could it be?

BOOSTED2KLUDE
06-16-2005, 11:26 PM
Do you have a meter? If so, test the power terminals on the amp and see what is loosing current when the power goes off. If it's the battery power (12v constant), a common culprit is a bad fuse or fuse holder. If it's the ground, reground to chassis ground. If it's the remote wire, make sure you are using the blue w/ white trace. If bad you can switch over to switched wire on your radio (usually red if aftermarket radio), but you may get a turn on thump. Hope this helps.

CiVeK9
06-17-2005, 07:54 AM
yea my friend has a meter which we are gonna test out today. but it did the same thing to two of the mono amps i tried. The fuse in the fuse holder is still good...i may be the fuse holder? the ground i mounted to a bracket off my rear seats that runs to the frame. i was told i could use the orange or pink wire (power antenna) if my blue remote is bad.

lowjack
06-19-2005, 09:57 AM
You need to double and tripple check your ground wire and verify that it is going to a chassis ground location. Sounds like you are getting a brown out if this is happening on different amps with the same wiring. Most people run at least 8 gauge power/ground wires for amps. Hope this helps,

Scott
350z

CiVeK9
06-19-2005, 10:13 AM
appreciate the post..its the ground wire...i had it mounted to a seat bracket instead of the frame...easy fix..thanks

99ITRGIRL
06-30-2005, 03:49 PM
mine did that too. Mine was th ground wire. The first time it was pinched and I dont know whats goingn on with it now. Gotta fix it.