PDA

View Full Version : Need a better paying part time job

Jecht
01-26-2007, 04:00 PM
I seriously need a better job. My current one only pays $6.50/hour, and I barely make enough money to pay for my food and gas. Anybody know a decent place around Smyrna I could work part time?

ksinao
01-26-2007, 09:32 PM
qt ftw

Jecht
01-27-2007, 10:05 AM
qt ftw
How much do they pay and are they fairly flexible schedule wise?

r_Senik
01-27-2007, 02:03 PM
8.25 part time...trust me...its not as easy as you think..i was only there for two days...now i regret quiting...cuz i need a job

Jecht
01-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Any other recommendations?

{X}Echo419
01-29-2007, 03:25 PM
craigslist has a bunch of shit on there. just watch out for scams. ie: no one would ask you for $$$ to get a job. :2cents:

hemi
01-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Home Depot is hiring a ton of people for the spring....

babowc
01-29-2007, 03:59 PM
i heard homedepot and lowes pays good.
homedepot pays 10/hr from what im told...

we have a job opening @ cingular wireless..
not exactly parttime though.
i work ~35hrs/wk and thats considered part time here.
we used to pay 8/hr, but now we changed over to commission system..so i have no idea what the pay would be.

we're located on 3320 sugarloaf pkwy.

ksinao
01-29-2007, 05:20 PM

8.25. and tyes, its exremely flexible. just give them your shedule, and they will give you hours based on the times you can work.

Jecht
01-29-2007, 07:34 PM
Home Depot is hiring a ton of people for the spring....
I've been considering that lately... thats def. a place I wouldn't mind working.

FDslider
01-29-2007, 07:44 PM
yes, my cousin once told me that if I needed to find a hot chick, then I needed to go to a hardware store (Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, etc.). And guess what, every time I go to one of those stores, I see at least 2-3 REALLY hot chicks that are prolly way out of my league! But hey, my cousin was right!

So the moral of the story is: Go put in yo got damn resume at Home Depot and Lowes! Nothing like helping a hot chick find what she needs, if you know what I mean!!!!! hahahahahahaha

§treet_§peed
01-31-2007, 02:04 PM
hell i need a job

JDM onlyy
02-02-2007, 03:26 AM
qt ftw

haha yeah he's right. i start my trainin there on monday.

JDM onlyy
02-02-2007, 03:28 AM

You start out 8.50 and they're really flexible bout schedules. I haven't even started and I told them I couldn't work of the days and they said don't worry bout it. lol

Jgsr311
02-04-2007, 12:01 PM
I seriously need a better job. My current one only pays $6.50/hour, and I barely make enough money to pay for my food and gas. Anybody know a decent place around Smyrna I could work part time?
wasn't minimum wage raised to 7.25?

JDMJAYDC2
02-04-2007, 01:26 PM
ill vouch for home depot i used to work at the one in morrow they started me off at 8.25 then but that was back in 03 so they may have gone up but def a great job go for lot attendant sure you have to push buggies but you can help customers load up there cars with wood and shit also gives you plenty of time to talk to chicks. best part time job i had

Jecht
02-04-2007, 08:30 PM
wasn't minimum wage raised to 7.25?

Nope, not yet. That hasn't been completely approved yet.

ill vouch for home depot i used to work at the one in morrow they started me off at 8.25 then but that was back in 03 so they may have gone up but def a great job go for lot attendant sure you have to push buggies but you can help customers load up there cars with wood and shit also gives you plenty of time to talk to chicks. best part time job i had
I'm really considering Home Depot now. I don't care about talking to girls while working, but lifting boards & such would be decent exercise. :thinking:

dtmcnamara
02-04-2007, 09:37 PM
I've been considering that lately... thats def. a place I wouldn't mind working.

HOME DEPOT FTMFL!!!

I worked there for almost 2 years. Was promised a $1.50 raise after my training and only got a $0.50 raise. After a year there i was only making $9.50. I also got my phone stolen at work from an employee, they broke into my locker and stole it. I knew who it was any everything and HD wouldnt do anything about it, I called the police to file a claim on the phone, was a $700 PDA phone, and got writen up for doing the shit on company time. I ended up quiting because the accidentally took me out of the system and i didnt get paid for the last 2 months i was there. I called the HR manager every day for a month and a half and never got a response. then the day i quit she called me and fixed everything out.

HD is completely devoted to their customers and dont give a DAMN about their employees.

The dont start you off with that much $$$

They lie about raises

The management is all fucked up

THEY JUST SUCK

go to LOWES...lol just :2cents:

nolaRyder
02-04-2007, 10:38 PM
^^plenty of jobs have their issues man, you'll never escape them, there will always be some BS...

kinda bitch move what they did to you though, obviously they wanted you to quit. should have went to corporate office, thats if you wanted the job.

dtmcnamara
02-04-2007, 10:47 PM
should have went to corporate office, thats if you wanted the job.

when you call you always get a answer machine and they say "WE WILL CALL YOU BACK"....lol BS. They just do that to verify if the person below them really talked to you yet. if they havent then they dont call you back.

it was just a bunch of bs, thats why i went back to construction. no bosses, just get your job done and get the fuck home kinda shit. great but kills the back

GirlieZ
02-06-2007, 09:35 PM
the min wage was raised but its over a period of two yrs... i say get a serving job...

TRDwasiq
02-07-2007, 11:34 AM
i need a job too:(

sirkus
02-10-2007, 11:57 PM
walmart ftw... i worked there for like 6 months.. makin 8.45/hr

Jecht
02-11-2007, 09:58 PM
the min wage was raised but its over a period of two yrs... i say get a serving job...
I've been considering that. I can only work weekends though, so that is a problem. School is more important atm.