PDA

View Full Version : Misc Recommended Online RPG's? (No WoW kthnx)

Ran
01-26-2007, 09:33 AM
Looking for a good online RPG game to spend some time on. Any recommendations? Looking for either something free for the computer, or something good for XBOXLive. Is there a good Phantasy Star game for XBOX360?

Past Games Played
Ragnarok Online - Good game, just didn't feel like paying for it.
Maplestory - Fun, but way too repetitive.
City of Heroes - Fun and very customizable, just got old after a while.
World of Warcraft - I never understood what the hype was. :dunno:
Everquest - Just...bleh.
Guild Wars - Not bad, just never really got cranked up on it.

I like games that are customizable as far as characters and jobs/skills go, if that helps any. Let me know and thanks. :cheers:

Ran
01-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Just found this.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/p/phantasystaruniversexbox360/

Anyone else played it yet?

RandomGuy
01-26-2007, 09:42 AM
silk road online
mu online

heard eve online was good... and i got a little gift certificate thingy if u want it bc i'm damn sure i'm not gonna play.. its like 10 bux

and a game called AFRICA MMORPG (really) http://www.africammo.com/
wtf

chrisdavis
01-26-2007, 12:25 PM
silk road online
mu online

I heard Silk Road is good but Im not a fan of MMO. When I do play, I play Maple Story with my wife.

BTLFED
01-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Nerd.

Sol-Badguy
01-26-2007, 12:34 PM
I've heard of R.O.S.E. online?

But for RO, just find a private server.

On_Her_Face
01-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Looking for a good online RPG game to spend some time on. Any recommendations? Looking for either something free for the computer, or something good for XBOXLive. Is there a good Phantasy Star game for XBOX360?

Past Games Played
Ragnarok Online - Good game, just didn't feel like paying for it.
Maplestory - Fun, but way too repetitive.
City of Heroes - Fun and very customizable, just got old after a while.
World of Warcraft - I never understood what the hype was. :dunno:
Everquest - Just...bleh.
Guild Wars - Not bad, just never really got cranked up on it.

I like games that are customizable as far as characters and jobs/skills go, if that helps any. Let me know and thanks. :cheers:

final fantasy xi dont know if it was mentioned yet.. btw dark knights kick ass (not really but thats my job on the game

Jecht
01-26-2007, 12:54 PM
I've heard of R.O.S.E. online?

But for RO, just find a private server.

LOL Robbie, I'm the big R.O.S.E. fanatic! There are several free servers now. Ran, its made by the same people as Ragnarok Online, but its in full 3d and is very cheerful too.:goodjob:

Here are a few links to private servers. Top is what I consider best, going down to the few I never play on.
1. http://www.trose.nl/
2. http://chaosrose.servegame.com/home.php
3. http://droseon.no-ip.info/reg/index.php

I usually use the first server because its always on and has very few glitches. The second one is pretty popular, but has server disconnect issues and the only way to save is to go all the way back to the character select screen. The third one doesn't really have disconnect problems, but the GMs take it offline to change something and then forget about it.

ksinao
01-26-2007, 01:02 PM
neverwinter nights online. amazing game.

disco
01-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Diablo 2!! fear!

Nismo
01-27-2007, 12:40 AM
DIABLO 2 FTMFW! That was all I can remember from sophmore to junior year of HS

hXc007
02-01-2007, 01:01 AM
final fantasy XI is pretty good

The Yousef
02-01-2007, 01:02 AM
command and conquer?

Dudeman
02-01-2007, 01:03 AM
DIABLO 2 FTMFW! That was all I can remember from sophmore to junior year of HS
+1

OneSlow5pt0
02-01-2007, 01:15 AM
id say FF or wait for Huxley

Ran
02-01-2007, 08:33 AM
When I do play, I play Maple Story with my wife.I really liked Maple Story. It was simple and fun to play. I've also got a soft spot for 2-D side-scrollers. Just got too repetitive for me though.

I'm the big R.O.S.E. fanatic! There are several free servers now. Ran, its made by the same people as Ragnarok Online, but its in full 3d and is very cheerful too.:goodjob:My buddy played R.O.S.E. and it looked fun. I didn't feel like paying for it though. I may check out one of the free servers. Thanks!

neverwinter nights online. amazing game.I didn't like the jump to 3D that they did. I liked Baldur's Gate better.

Diablo 2!! fear!You're giving me high school flashbacks. People still play this game? :screwy:

final fantasy XI is pretty goodI played it for a little bit and wasn't exactly thrilled with it. Reminded me of Everquest.

command and conquer?Not an RPG, but C&C kicks @ss! I liked the Red Alert series better than Generals.

wait for HuxleyHuxley?

Xan
02-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Huxley is an MMOFPS if I'm not mistaken. Looks good. The new "Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures" is looking nice as well.

Stormhammer
02-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Vanguard is a good MMORPG apparently

I'm holding out for Warhammer: Age Of Reckoning though :D

OneSlow5pt0
02-01-2007, 01:19 PM
yea Huxley it is sorry,i was just throwing out a MMO,um..what bout PSO?

Ran
02-01-2007, 03:32 PM
um..what bout PSO?I'm thinking about picking up PSO for the XBOX360, but I'm still looking. :cheers:

HyPer50
02-01-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm going back and forth playing WoW and Vanguard right now.

RandomGuy
02-01-2007, 04:34 PM
runescape

LIRL :lmao:

JDMef88
02-01-2007, 04:50 PM
go back to WoW its the best one out there so far...

MachNU
02-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Well i guess i can help you seeing as from every other post i haev the most experience in MMORPGS!!!! I have everyone out to date pretty much or have played them all via friends houses!!!

If your looking for the BEST...the game died out....there was o game like when Star Wars Galaxies / Jump to Lightspeed came out, the job posibilitys and char customization was ENDLESS, and the graphics and plot lines where 10/10!!!! But the game died out when SOE only did what they wanted and never listened to what the customers wanted!!! :(

ANYWAYS...

The Matrix - Pay - Fun, but graphics suck, and gets old after a bit
Lineage - Pay/Free - Good game, but there is limits on skills/jobs, generally its just people killing people
Every Everquest - Pay - VERY FUN, but does make you mad with the grinding and shit!!!
Guild Wars - Free - Like you said...
World Of Warcraft - Pay - Like you said...never really could figure out how people considered this the best
Eve - Pay/Free - Like randomguy said...
Darkknights - Free - WTF game :thinking:
Final Fantasy 11 - Pay - WTF can you say about this game other than it was A FUCKING STUPID ASS GAME, broke the CD about 4 hours after i bought it realizing i threw $90 up a hogs ass for that game

shit i will have to go threw my crate of old rpg games to remember all of them...just the ones i can think off the top of my head for the last 6 years!!!!!

HyPer50
02-01-2007, 05:08 PM
The new Vanguard is basically just like the original EQ, except with better graphics (Very demanding game)

StupidBikerBoy
02-01-2007, 07:53 PM
I play DDO (dungeons & dragons online) and I love it.

StupidBikerBoy
02-01-2007, 07:54 PM
The new Vanguard is basically just like the original EQ, except with better graphics (Very demanding game)

How do you like it? I've been considering trying it out.

man
02-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Never really been a huge MMO fan (watched my friends' lives disappear when WOW came out :rolleyes:) But I really enjoyed Guild Wars (other than the level cap) and I really wouldn't mind getting into some better games.

HyPer50
02-01-2007, 10:30 PM
How do you like it? I've been considering trying it out.

It's pretty good, but I'm afraid my computer isn't good enough to play it very effectively except on low settings (and my computer isn't a complete slouch, Athlon XP 3800+, 2gig ram, Nvidia GeForce 7800GS 256mb AGP). The game is really cool tho, but I think it'd play better on a PCI-E equipped dual core system with more than 2 gigs of ram. I'm probably going to get a new comp torwards the middle of the year simply because AGP is so outdated now.

StupidBikerBoy
02-01-2007, 10:41 PM
It's pretty good, but I'm afraid my computer isn't good enough to play it very effectively except on low settings (and my computer isn't a complete slouch, Athlon XP 3800+, 2gig ram, Nvidia GeForce 7800GS 256mb AGP). The game is really cool tho, but I think it'd play better on a PCI-E equipped dual core system with more than 2 gigs of ram. I'm probably going to get a new comp torwards the middle of the year simply because AGP is so outdated now.

Damn and you have to run on low settings? I have a similar setup except with a x800 card.

BKgen®
02-01-2007, 11:05 PM
oblivion isn't online but it beats the shit out of all the other rpg's i've played.

but as far as mmorpg's go, have you heard of that Age of Conan game that's coming out? looks pretty freakin sweet. check it out on gamespot.

HyPer50
02-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Damn and you have to run on low settings? I have a similar setup except with a x800 card.

I am running on the default setting right now and it's "ok" it gets a lil choppy at times tho. I'm assuming if I was in a heavily populated area I'd be screwed. It's definatly moving alot better than it was in beta tho.