PDA

View Full Version : Best tire dressing?

ProjectWidow
06-16-2005, 06:23 PM
What is the best tire dressing that one can buy at the stores? I saw one at the AJC car show that is a spray on, not foam, that doesnt leak and even when you rub your finger across it, it doesnt smear and you dont feel grease on your finger. anyone know which it could be?

chuck
06-16-2005, 06:28 PM
BLUE ICE...comes in a little tub and its a blue gel stuff you put on with a sponge....doesn't fling off, doesn't get wet and rinse off, lasts a good month or two depending on how ofter you drive (but you can scrub it off with a rag if you want)

DETAILING forum - moved...oh yeah i'm not a moderator anymore ;)

jdmlude
06-16-2005, 07:53 PM
tire dressing is very detrimental to rubber..it acts as a baste and amplifies the suns rays and pulls all the moisture out of the tires and causing them to dry rot.

tire shine ruined a set of my tires, sidewalls were all cracked...I use nothing now..

chuck
06-16-2005, 09:14 PM
tire dressing is very detrimental to rubber..it acts as a baste and amplifies the suns rays and pulls all the moisture out of the tires and causing them to dry rot.

tire shine ruined a set of my tires, sidewalls were all cracked...I use nothing now..
edit - "the wrong tire dressing is (can be) very detrimental to rubber..it acts as a baste and amplifies the suns rays and pulls all the moisture out of the tires and causing them to dry rot.

tire shine ruined a set of my tires, sidewalls were all cracked...I use nothing now.."

quickdodge®
06-16-2005, 09:22 PM
What is the best tire dressing that one can buy at the stores?

Ranch from Wendy's. Later, QD.

ProjectWidow
06-16-2005, 09:32 PM
Ranch from Wendy's. Later, QD.
i asked on another forum and got the same answer. i heard Meguiar's Endurance is very good and lasts weeks instead of days. i guess ill give it a try tomorrow.

quickdodge®
06-16-2005, 09:36 PM
Lolol. Yeah, I'm just messin. Meguiar's has nothing but good shit. Later, QD.

Julio
06-16-2005, 09:38 PM
I agree 100 % with JDMLUDE.

Jaimecbr900
06-16-2005, 10:07 PM
Meguiars also has the Endurance in a spray can. It's expensive, but ultra easy to apply. The nozzle even can be adjusted to how wide or narrow you wanna spray.

chuck
06-16-2005, 10:10 PM
i'm trying to tell you guys, the blue ice stuff is the shit...i've used it on 1,000's of cars and NEVER had anything but perfect results, i put this stuff all over ferrari's, porsches, bmw's etc and would certianly trust it on anything else...if you are scared to ruin your tires but still like the tire shine look then get some of this stuff, i promise you will not be let down. its not a spray or anything though, its a gel, like spreading peanut butter on your tires but they shine wonderfully. i used this for a year of detailing and this is the only thing i ever use on my personal cars too.

http://www.professionalcarcare.com/xcart/catalog/S67_Blue_Ice_Tire_and_Trim_Gel-p-16183.html

ok, my infomercial is over...but it just bugs me that people really still think that all tire shine just dries out your tires.

...and from just reading on this website this stuff is like suntan lotion too...lol, well not really but it says this: "Blue Ice® contains UV inhibitors to protect against the sun’s harmful rays. S-67 Blue Ice® Tire and Trim Gel may be applied on both wet and dry surfaces. Safe for all rubber, vinyl and plastic. Contains NO VOC’s."