PDA

View Full Version : Title question

Stormhammer
01-25-2007, 12:06 AM
Hmm, say if you purchased a car out of state, but for some reason you misplaced the title, and it was never switched over to a GA title

Do I have to contact the previous owner to get a lost title form and all that jazz? Or is there another alternative ( short of finding the blasted title )

2.0civic
01-25-2007, 12:07 AM
Hmm, say if you purchased a car out of state, but for some reason you misplaced the title, and it was never switched over to a GA title

Do I have to contact the previous owner to get a lost title form and all that jazz? Or is there another alternative ( short of finding the blasted title )

get a replacement title

SKUNK2GUY
01-25-2007, 12:09 AM
bonded title

Stormhammer
01-25-2007, 12:11 AM
get a replacement title

from the DMV? the title was still the NC title ( where I had signed the back etc )

Stormhammer
01-25-2007, 12:12 AM
bonded title

how do I go about doing that? what is it?

fire7882
01-25-2007, 12:53 PM
You pay a certain amount depending on how much the car is worth and they give you the proper paperwork the take to the dmv to get a title. It will require an inspection by a police officer to verify the vin #. The company listed below can do them.

ALLSTAR Financial Group
1301 Hightower Trail-Northridge Pavilion III
Suite 210
Atlanta, Ga 30350
T: 404-522-3898 or 800-424-0132

Sack Attack
01-25-2007, 09:28 PM
^^^^ the company above is gonna charge you to do the work you can to for free.....

call insurence agencys, needs to be independant ones, not like esquire and nationwide and shit, smaller companys, ask them if they do bonded titles, find one that does them and go get a t-22b from from them, or you can print one out at the dmv website, go back home and call the police to your house and he will fill out the t-22b form stating that the car isnt stolen if its not...then go to the insurance company, they will run the title bond and vin and if there isnt any leins on the car, they will do the title bond...autos worth 5k and less according to the states value, the bond will be 100....if the state says its worth more than 5k, the bond will be higher, then you can drive to hapeville the same day and get your title for 28.00
so 128.00 and you got a new title

fire7882
01-26-2007, 10:32 AM
^^^^ the company above is gonna charge you to do the work you can to for free.....

How do you know? Have you used them before?

call insurence agencys, needs to be independant ones, not like esquire and nationwide and shit, smaller companys, ask them if they do bonded titles, find one that does them and go get a t-22b from from them, or you can print one out at the dmv website, go back home and call the police to your house and he will fill out the t-22b form stating that the car isnt stolen if its not...then go to the insurance company, they will run the title bond and vin and if there isnt any leins on the car, they will do the title bond...autos worth 5k and less according to the states value, the bond will be 100....if the state says its worth more than 5k, the bond will be higher, then you can drive to hapeville the same day and get your title for 28.00
so 128.00 and you got a new title

You just described what the company above does. I got a 95 civic SI title bond from them for $110. Most(not all) smaller companies won't do them because they are not set up to do so and they aren’t familiar with the paperwork.

Blitanicle99
01-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Just to let you know. They say "7-10 days" for your title. Try 2 fucking months. Assholes.

fire7882
01-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Just to let you know. They say "7-10 days" for your title. Try 2 fucking months. Assholes.

Who said?

I got my title bond and title before lunch the day i did mine.

Blitanicle99
01-27-2007, 01:18 PM
After all the paperwork, inspection, and turning it in they told me 7-10 days. After 2 weeks I tried calling them. Long story short they printed my title and refused to send it for 2 months. I offered to drive down there and pick it up multiple times. They fuckers wouldnt let me do it and told me to keep waiting.

Stormhammer
01-29-2007, 01:22 AM
would this still work like - the title was a NC title - and I hadnt brought it to the DMV to register it/title it in GA

so will it all still work the same?... I could say it was a gift from a friend in NC :D