PDA

View Full Version : Corolla Transmission Problems!

dtmcnamara
01-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Ok so i swapped my axels out on my 1990 Toyotal corolla yesterday night and this morning it was running fine. got to work then to school. on my way home my car started to make this whine noise from the transmission. I was like ok so i pulled over and checked the tranny fluid, it reads a little over normal. i figured i filled it up a little too much last night and now that its warm it expanded a little. well i start to drive home and it gets louder, only on acceleration.

well i get home and look under the car an it looks like my transmission BLEW UP. there is tranny fluid everywhere. I check the tranny level again and it reading over normal still, i decided to drain the tranny a little, i though maybe it blew out the top of the fill stick and driped down and under the car. i pull the plug and get nothing. i drove my car 5 miles with no tranny fluid home.

So this is my problem, i guess there is something somwhere that is blocking my tranny from getting its fluid, whats the best way to free this up? i left the cap off under the car and dumped fluid into the tranny and nothing, tryed switching gears nothing, tryed running the car nothing..

PLEASE help me i need to get to work and school tomorrow morning. THANKS