PDA

View Full Version : I Need Some Help VW/Audi Guys

Kyle
01-24-2007, 04:33 PM
or Girls, whichever. Okay to make a long story short my sisters car is in downtown Atlanta and somehow or another the passenger side mirror was broken off. Well the car is a 1997 Audi A4 2.8. It has power and heated mirrors and it's completely fucked.

So I need to fix it, and I need to do a good job, as it is still a nice car, but it needs to be cheap.

One other note, as some of you may know the passenger side mirror is smaller than the driver side. Is their any different mirror I can buy, maybe designed for a different year that would be the same size as the driver side? Did they change that between 97-01?

Here is what I found, and it seems to be the same as I have found on other sites. Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MIRROR-audi-A4-96-99-side-view-power-heated-housing-RH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33649QQihZ001QQitemZ 110080885838QQrdZ1

GermanMuscle
01-24-2007, 09:08 PM
i dont know about the fitment but i hope you know that the ebay one is just the housing (no glass included)

EDIT: did you post on the vortex in the a4 section? they could probably give a faster and more accurate answer

rollininstyle2004
01-25-2007, 12:06 AM
I can give you my knowledge as far as the Passat goes which im sure you know is very similar to the A4. In 98 there was a stubby Mirror on the passat, however after that they went to a full size passenger mirror. You can buy a full size mirror (now would be the perfect time to since you need to replace it anyway) from any B5 A4 and it will work :)