PDA

View Full Version : To spank or not to spank, that is the question....

Jaimecbr900
01-24-2007, 01:19 PM
California is indeed a cool place, but it certainly does have it's share of fruits, nuts, and flakes...... :lmfao:

There is legislation being proposed to BAN SPANKING. Yep, BAN SPANKING. It would be a misdemeanor to spank YOUR OWN CHILD if he/she is 3yrs old or less.

http://cbs5.com/local/local_story_018210510.html

Discuss. :goodjob:

ScoobyRacer
01-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Good! Who needs discipline anyway?! :rolleyes:

babygurl
01-24-2007, 01:24 PM
fucking stupid...beat the kids...if they step out of line...

Mr_Mischif
01-24-2007, 01:25 PM
It'll never go through. And if it did, I would walk up to the Cali legislature building and spank a kid right in front of them.

ScoobyRacer
01-24-2007, 01:25 PM
i wanna know how they will enforce that law

babygurl
01-24-2007, 01:26 PM
It'll never go through. And if it did, I would walk up to the Cali legislature building and spank a kid right in front of them.

haha i say we hold you to that...

Slowboy
01-24-2007, 01:27 PM
I dont understand how government can tell you. YOu cant spank your child. I mean come on. who has not been spanked.

quickdodgeŽ
01-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Good! Who needs discipline anyway?! :rolleyes:

It's not like 85% of parents out there today really care about their children anyways. Later, QD.

Crazy Asian
01-24-2007, 01:28 PM
I would spank my child. I dont care but back then kids were in check cuz parent were spanking there kids. Nowadaiz most parents are too fucking soft. I remember when i was a kid I would see parents in market say if you act like that Im a take you back to the bathroom. And then they would shutup. Now they go honey stop it please....please BEAT THE KID!!!

Mr_Mischif
01-24-2007, 01:32 PM
haha i say we hold you to that...

You pay for a ticket there & back, and any BAIL FEES I might acquire (lol), and we got a deal. I'll fly airtran.

Jaimecbr900
01-24-2007, 01:33 PM
i wanna know how they will enforce that law

Just like they enforce any law. Some busy body would call the police to report you and they would come to arrest you.

Brett
01-24-2007, 01:35 PM
I am all for spankings, And I am all for schools doing it as well. Kids today would have much more respect for teachers and adults if it was still alllowed

Crazy Asian
01-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Brett goto asia. Kids get hit if they act up or they dont do their hw. That's why most are smart because there deathly afraid of getting smacked up by the teachers.

Rabunchic
01-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Im telling you. I was always in line cause I was scared my dad was gonna beat the shit outta me

Mike Lowrey
01-24-2007, 01:41 PM
I believe that alot of the problems we have with kids is because they are not punished for their actions. The schools don't want to hold the kids back a grade for fear of damaging their ego. Parents and other don't want to spank their kids or hold them accountable for their actions. Spanking is a deterant to doing the wrong things. Without a deterrant, the children will not properly learn what is wrong.

If I screwed up as a kid, my father spanked the shit out of me. It sure made me think twice next time. lol. You start to question if the act is worth the possible punishment you will receive.

My :2cents:

Jaimecbr900
01-24-2007, 02:08 PM
The ironic thing is that most advocates for ridiculous stuff like this always talk about how ONE psychologist somewhere says it's better not to spank.... :rolleyes:

If you don't have a consequence to your wrong actions, then you will never learn they are wrong to do. My parents only had to LOOK at me sideways when I was misbehaving to get me back in line. I KNEW what was coming if I didn't.

My kids are the same way with me. I very rarely spank them, but I can bet you they remember the last time I did. Hence why I just give them "the look" and they know what's coming if it's not resolved. My wife says that I have magic powers. No....it's called they know I'm gonna get up an whup that behind if they don't act right powers...... :D

To be honest, 99% of the time the mere thought of the consequences deter my kids. I reserve that pulling into the bathroom spanking for the other 1%..... ;)

05Tib
01-24-2007, 02:12 PM
kids need to be spanked. u cant explain reason to a young child. Our goverment steps in wars to protect other peoples "rights" in diffrent countries yet we have laws trying to go though like this taking away the rights of parents to be parents in our country.

Brett
01-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Yup, Brittanee one time before I spanked her said ITS ILLEGAL, I WILL CALL THE COPS, So I grabbed her arm and drug her to the front door saying "Come on, You think its illegal, Let me drive you there now and I will spank you in front of them" well needless to say she still got spanked but she never pulled that card on me again...LOL

Killer
01-24-2007, 02:13 PM
....... how else can people learn if there are no consequences??? retarded...

Sammich
01-24-2007, 02:15 PM
fucking stupid...beat the kids...if they step out of line...

x2:stupid:

thats retarded, kids need DISCIPLINE..

they should ban abuse :yes:

Sammich
01-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Yup, Brittanee one time before I spanked her said ITS ILLEGAL, I WILL CALL THE COPS, So I grabbed her arm and drug her to the front door saying "Come on, You think its illegal, Let me drive you there now and I will spank you in front of them" well needless to say she still got spanked but she never pulled that card on me again...LOL

u abusive repostin rice civic havin bastid:lmfao:

Brett
01-24-2007, 02:16 PM
x2:stupid:

thats retarded, kids need DISCIPLINE..

they should ban abuse :yes:

Maybe we should just ban you :yes:

:D

Mike Lowrey
01-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Maybe we should just ban you :yes:

:D

Oh Snap!

...you should spank him first. :lmfao:

JennB
01-24-2007, 02:19 PM
I was VERY rarely spanked as a child... why... because I acted up a couple of times and learned what happened. I knew better after that.

I'm not for beating the living crap out of your child but sure as hell let them know who is boss.

Jaimecbr900
01-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Well, let's look at it from another position too.

Forget the initial spanking a child issue.....what about the gov't wanting to micro manage everyone?

If something like this passed, who's to say that there couldn't be a law demanding how much TIME you spend with your kids with the threat of jail time if you don't? Who's to say that they couldn't dictate that you can't raise your VOICE at them? Who's to say that they couldn't have a curfew at 15 yrs old? It's a never ending pandorah's box.

When will the gov't quit trying to protect people from themselves? Why is it the gov'ts role to step in and not let people screw up their own lives? Who is to say that the gov't is even right to begin with?

What bugs me is not only that this has been given even 10 secs of thought, but that the gov't would even contemplate doing it. I thought this was the land of the "free"???? Or is it the free as long as the gov't says it's free??? :rolleyes:

Jaimecbr900
01-24-2007, 02:23 PM
I was VERY rarely spanked as a child... why... because I acted up a couple of times and learned what happened. I knew better after that.

I'm not for beating the living crap out of your child but sure as hell let them know who is boss.

Exactly.

I know of parents that take this to extremes too. Beating kids with tree limbs and breaking boards on their backs and stuff. That's abusive.

But if you get the "look" and don't straighten up w/i a reasonable amt of time....a swift swap on the hiney will do the trick for this and the next time.... :goodjob:

Instead wussified parents now a days prefer to do 60 million "time outs" as opposed to ONE good smack on the ass......brilliant. :rolleyes:

§treet_§peed
01-24-2007, 03:57 PM
shit i've been whooped with everything...from belt buckles to hickories.... hel even had a few frying pans throwed at me... i say this new proposal is some bs