PDA

View Full Version : Someone help me time my B18A1

EvasiveEF9
01-23-2007, 09:13 PM
I need someone who's set the timing on their engine to help me set mine. I set mine like 4 or 5 times, but it's still failing emissions, and signs seem to be pointing to timing. I've passed everything but my carbon monoxide, and that failed by almost double the allowed amount. The engine is also running fine up until about halfway through the band and starts "breaking up" and won't accelerate beyond that (until I shift gears and I'm back at the bottom of the powerband). I'm not throwing any codes, and the CEL isn't coming on. When jumped, the CEL stays on solid meaning that it's working, and stays on for 2 seconds after the engine starts. Also, it's OBD1. So I'm just looking for someone who might be in my area that can help me set it so that I can make sure I'm lining everything up right.

Thanks to whoever might be able to help me out...

EvasiveEF9
01-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Please?

Whitebandit
01-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Move futher south and you will pass emissions everytime because we dont have it here>>:cheers:

Sammich
01-24-2007, 08:29 AM
G2IC.com..check the teg tips section... heres the link

http://www.g2ic.com/tegtips/engine/7.html

EvasiveEF9
01-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Move futher south and you will pass emissions everytime because we dont have it here>>:cheers:
Wish that was an option. Unfortunately, I live in 1 of 7 counties in georgia with emissions; Cobb County. Sucks, but it's a decent place to live if you stay away from cops. However, the car is registered under my pop's name, and he lives in Cobb, so I'm stuck keeping it here. I know I can pay someone to pass me, but I'd prefer to keep it legit. And either way...emissions or not...I still need to get my timing right.

We're thinking the reason it failed is due to the regulator or the timing...so I'm working to replace the reg, and maybe see if that does it. If it doesn't, I'm stuck looking forward to setting the timing...again.

Blackknightg
01-27-2007, 01:17 AM
I didn't know cobb had emissions.....I just moved up here and I'm really glad you told me that.

EvasiveEF9
01-27-2007, 08:38 AM
Yup. Cobb's got 'me and it sucks....I've only got like 3 or 4 years left, though!

green91
01-27-2007, 08:28 PM
just register it in your pops name at your lumpkin address.

EvasiveEF9
01-27-2007, 09:35 PM
We may actually be doing that. He mentioned that I live at the school and the lady gave us a 2week extension and stuff...but at the same time, my guess is whatever is messing up the engine is what's causing the failing emissions. So if I can find the problem, it takes out two birds with one stone...