PDA

View Full Version : specV or turbo civic

ksinao
01-23-2007, 07:19 PM
im in the market for a car. and right now i am pretty close to getting one. right now, i am debating between these two cars.

http://www.ronsautosales.com/filedetails.asp?image=02TURBWEB.jpg
turbo, everything is nice, its clean (diff wheels now, i went and looked at it today), 80K miles, but no warrenty. a little above 200 hp.

and im looking at another few Spec V's. around the same year, and milage. non turbo. i really like the body and the interior of it. the ones i have been looking at are a little cheaper (1-2k) and have 175 hp stock. but i can get one with a 2-3 year warrenty.

discuss, i am getting really close to getting a car, and i want some input.

~The_Duke~
01-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Personally just have having riden in a civic and then driving my car, I would go with the Spec V. They are fun to drive, handle quite well, and if you want to take friends places or need to :idb: in a back seat some where you can. Another thing is once they decide to start making parts for Spec Vs your motor will end up being stronger, plus you throw a turbo in a Spec V you are looking at running down EVOs and things of this sort. Where the civic well it is a civic...

Plus Spec Vs have more comfortable seats :D

But I am alil bias since I already own a Spec V...

ksinao
01-23-2007, 07:36 PM
yeah, i heard the spec v's handle amazing.

~The_Duke~
01-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Stock they are very good for how much you pay for the car. I added a rear sway to mine and it doesnt understeer at all, none. It actually oversteer alil bit. Also the inside back wheel will come off the ground a pretty good bit stock. The rear sway helped it by about 4 or 5 inches.

I building mine to be a auto X mountain run type car instead of striaght lines like every one else and their brother are doing. I have more fun doing those things than doing highway runs and drags. I went on a mountain run with some BMWs and held with them pretty well considering.

Although the car will hold its own doing that as well. 60 - 100 only 1 car length behind a mustang GT. 60 - 100 on a GSR teg, I lost count of the lengths.

Pretty good on gas milege to. I get about 270 miles out of a tank of 93 with highway\city miles combined.

thepolecat
01-23-2007, 07:58 PM
im a bit partial, but go with the honda

~The_Duke~
01-23-2007, 08:03 PM
I bet your honda cant do this :D

http://www.callouie.com/miata/autox/2006/Points_9/images/p1050464.jpg

thepolecat
01-23-2007, 08:09 PM
if only I had the pic- my backend is tighter than my front end so I have done that!:goodjob:

(I love car talk, it gets me hot;) )

~The_Duke~
01-23-2007, 08:14 PM
if only I had the pic- my backend is tighter than my front end so I have done that!:goodjob:

(I love car talk, it gets me hot;) )

The reason why mine does that is my front end dives like a swan...

thepolecat
01-23-2007, 08:14 PM
mine is the ugly duckling then

~The_Duke~
01-23-2007, 08:35 PM
lol

You drive that yellow race stripped CRX dont you?

Julio
01-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Civic has a stronger after market support.. But in this case.. I would go w/ a spec V.
Simply because the Civic has already been modified and who knows what It been through.

I have owned both Cars ( swaped civic and a spec V ) and Spec V felt better to me =]

thepolecat
01-23-2007, 08:46 PM
^^hahaha, No, I have a white 4 door- I have only been to the atlanta one once. I'll out more this year- just moved up from buccaneer region in savannah

ksinao
01-24-2007, 01:34 PM
appreciate the help guys, i needed some advice. and i believe i am leaning towards the specV

2.0civic
01-24-2007, 01:35 PM
if you dont rag on it, i go with the civic any day or the week....

if youre worried, get the warranty...that the only factor would be the warranty for me