PDA

View Full Version : So my supervisor just came to deliver some news....

Doppelgänger
01-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Wel, first a little background history. I , for a couple years , did a lot of warehouse work. When my last contract ended abruptly (employment agency) i was left hanging for a couple months looking for another job. Well, i was on AJC jobs and saw a place looking for a forklift driver. So i applied and got the job back on sept. 11th (geee, i wonder why i remember my date of hire). Anyway, i was actually doing a refurb job instead of warehousing. I was told that i have opportunities to advance here...which is what i want. Well, at the beginning of december i started training as a PC engineer. Two weeks later i found out the other guy was leaving and that i was expected to take his place. Mind you, i have never messed with computers in my life other then playing on the interweb.

So as of the beginning of Jan. i have been doing this job all on my own... with a LOT of self teaching, and its been pretty good. Well i knew there was going to be a official promotion, but i was also told i had a 90-day probation period to make sure i was suited for the job.

That was last week when i asked about pay raise/official promotion.

So about 30 min ago, my supervisor comes by and tell me that hes actually going to start my new pay rais of 17% on Feb 1st... and i about had a hear attack. So yeah.... the past couple years have treated me like absolute shit... to the point where im lucky to be walking and alive, to now having a comfortable career ahead of me among other great things in the past few months ( coming up on 6 months for me and Jenn...yes, that Jenn that posts on here...she's mine...stay away). Oh and as i was typing this, the president came by and congratulated me too... im stoked and shocked at the same time. Sorry IA, i had to get it out.

I guess i'll be having more money to put into the car for the upcoming NOPI drift series :D :D :D

quickdodge®
01-23-2007, 04:58 PM
So my supervisor just came to deliver some news....

Damn I thought you were going to tell us that he said he was gonna call the police if any IA people showed up at your work. Later, QD.

Tracy
01-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Wel, first a little background history. I , for a couple years , did a lot of warehouse work. When my last contract ended abruptly (employment agency) i was left hanging for a couple months looking for another job. Well, i was on AJC jobs and saw a place looking for a forklift driver. So i applied and got the job back on sept. 11th (geee, i wonder why i remember my date of hire). Anyway, i was actually doing a refurb job instead of warehousing. I was told that i have opportunities to advance here...which is what i want. Well, at the beginning of december i started training as a PC engineer. Two weeks later i found out the other guy was leaving and that i was expected to take his place. Mind you, i have never messed with computers in my life other then playing on the interweb.

So as of the beginning of Jan. i have been doing this job all on my own... with a LOT of self teaching, and its been pretty good. Well i knew there was going to be a official promotion, but i was also told i had a 90-day probation period to make sure i was suited for the job.

So about 30 min ago, my supervisor comes by and tell me that hes actually going to start my new pay rais of 17% on Feb 1st... and i about had a hear attack. So yeah.... the past couple years have treated me like absolute shit... to the point where im lucky to be walking and alive, to now having a comfortable career ahead of me among other great things in the past few months ( coming up on 6 months for me and Jenn...yes, that Jenn that posts on here...she's mine...stay away). Oh and as i was typing this, the president came by and congratulated me too... im stoked and shocked at the same time. Sorry IA, i had to get it out.

I guess i'll be having more money to put into the car for the upcoming NOPI drift series :D :D :D

Sweet! Congrats! We need a sponsor! PAYBACK!

BiH1320
01-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Nice. Congrats.

JennB
01-23-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm so proud of you http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/kiss.gif (but you knew that cause I tell you all the time ;) )

Like I told you on the phone, we should celebrate tomorrow. :cheers: I'll make dinner, your pick.

Killer
01-23-2007, 05:14 PM
congrats man.

quickdodge®
01-23-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm so proud of you http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/kiss.gif (but you knew that cause I tell you all the time ;) )

Like I told you on the phone, we should celebrate tomorrow. :cheers: I'll make dinner, your pick.

Ewwwww. Lesbians are gross. Y'all keep your personal lives off IA, please. Later, QD.

JennB
01-23-2007, 05:20 PM
:slap:

Brady
01-23-2007, 05:21 PM
hell yeah man!!! Congrats things are looking up for you! That rocks!

gsr4drpimpn
01-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Good Job Man! Tell your girl I'm coming over for dinner tomorrow night too...:D And now is probably a good time to collect on all that money you owe me. :goodjob:

Bballjamal
01-23-2007, 05:48 PM
definately congrats! And hook me up come summer time lol! Forklift job for the summer would be ok!

4dmin
01-23-2007, 05:59 PM
hell ya dude congrats!

tony
01-23-2007, 06:06 PM
Congrats man, 17% is a very nice raise.. its always good to see that hard work pays off.

Brett
01-23-2007, 06:15 PM
That is awesome man!!! HUGE CONGRATS!!

Leisa
01-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Congrats!!!

Oh and what you are supposed to do with the money is spend it on the girl...lol

Doppelgänger
01-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Sweet! Congrats! We need a sponsor! PAYBACK!

Payback???? For what???? Hey now.... you f00s didnt even know what drifting was before i came and talked to you and Dan way back when :D :D :D :D

Doppelgänger
01-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Good Job Man! Tell your girl I'm coming over for dinner tomorrow night too...:D And now is probably a good time to collect on all that money you owe me. :goodjob:
riiiiiiiiight...... i dont even know who you are... man my gambling has gotten out of hand!

kittychick
01-23-2007, 07:29 PM

awesome! and the salary increase is unheard of!
:bump:

Doppelgänger
01-23-2007, 07:30 PM
and to everyone else.... thanks...a cheezy as that sounds... i honestly wasn't expecting anyone to reply to this...i am quite suprised!!!

Dont worry, when i win the lottery, i'm going to throw the biggist IA party EVAR!

JennB
01-23-2007, 07:37 PM
You workaholic! Leave the office now :taun:

:kiss:

NewGen33
01-23-2007, 07:50 PM
congrats to you

Julio
01-23-2007, 07:52 PM
grats

The Yousef
01-23-2007, 08:39 PM

CONGRATS DUDE!

con
01-23-2007, 08:58 PM
congratulations man, nothing feels better than being compensated for a job well done :goodjob:

ShooterMcGavin
01-23-2007, 09:11 PM

congrats yo

gsr4drpimpn
01-23-2007, 09:23 PM
riiiiiiiiight...... i dont even know who you are... man my gambling has gotten out of hand!

how many people you know with a white 4 door- fool. Kauffman Tire FTL.
I'm at tires plus now. want some new rubber or a sponsor- haha j/k about the sponsor. oh yeah... where's my money biotch :D

StupidBikerBoy
01-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Congrats!

RandomGuy
01-23-2007, 10:25 PM
congrats homie

you moved from "padawan" to "jedi" take off your spoiler and soar into success

(LIRL GET IT HAHAHAHHAHAH i'm bored)

§treet_§peed
01-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Congrats Miata Mike

Doppelgänger
01-23-2007, 11:46 PM
how many people you know with a white 4 door- fool. Kauffman Tire FTL.
I'm at tires plus now. want some new rubber or a sponsor- haha j/k about the sponsor. oh yeah... where's my money biotch :D
Oh snap you old fag :D I didnt realize you were on here doh :doh: . Which Tires Plus?? I need some 17" tires for next weekend :D

BTW... i dont owe you shit!! Well, maybe shit... literally :lmfao: jk

Doppelgänger
01-23-2007, 11:49 PM
Really, thanks guys..... maybe some of you out there who think working hard and just getting through the tough shit will know that it does pay off over time to just stick it and get it done :goodjob:

Stormhammer
01-24-2007, 12:13 AM
sweet man! If you ever need any help or input on stuff or how to's - feel free to ask ( if you want I can PM you my # ) - I work as an IT and alot of stuff I learnt by self teaching or from my co-worker

RutRoe
01-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Way to go man... nice work

Ran
01-24-2007, 08:31 AM
I would have fired your @ss. :ninja:

JFWY, congrats bro. :goodjob: