PDA

View Full Version : Tonight I met a legend...Mario Andretti

RutRoe
01-22-2007, 11:43 PM
SPEED participates in a annual NASCAR media gathering that is a week long and we host a night of meet and greets and one of guest was none other than the legendary Mario Andretti.

He was one of the coolest, kindest guys I have ever had the honor to meet. It's amazing to think of all the accolades he's accomplished and just what a cool guy he is.

Plus, I was there showcasing the new commercials that I helped write and I acted in, and he laughed out loud and I left the stage saying...."And to close, Mario Andretti laughed at it, so frankly it doesn't matter to me now if you guys thought it was funny or not."

That's insane. I'm on cloud nine right now.

TIGERJC
01-22-2007, 11:46 PM
ANY PICS?????

RutRoe
01-22-2007, 11:55 PM
Yeah, but my friend didn't email it yet...tomorrow I'm sure.

HEATON
01-23-2007, 01:20 AM
Nice! I like those chances, always makes for good stories ''for the grandkids'' ya know?
One thing I noticed though was when meeting famous people like that, they not only talk about their life or career, but usually also have some great knowledge on life. Or they are just damn ass bricks, that do what they do well..lol

slowrolla97
01-23-2007, 01:25 AM
That is awesome. Props to you.

i met him one time when he came in to andretti's when i worked there. Didnt really talk to him but I shook his hand. It was awesome.

jdmdb8itr
01-23-2007, 01:36 AM
no pics no care.... hahaha thats awsome

Seymour222
01-23-2007, 01:37 AM
Congrats Rut. I love hearing about people who have accomplished so much, and still have the ability to be modest. That is the type of character in which I envy.

RandomGuy
01-23-2007, 01:40 AM
shoulda been like "itza meee mario" and then stomped on a koopa and ate a magic mushroom and then ran off into the distance towards the unicorn crossing the rainbow. that woulda showed him

Seymour222
01-23-2007, 01:45 AM
Hahah. Unicorn. I just got a funny visual. Good stuff.

speedminded
02-03-2007, 12:05 AM
yo rutledge, lookie what i found.... HAHAHA! small world eh? :tongue:

HEATON
02-03-2007, 03:59 AM
Whoa, hope I dont hurt any feelings, but the girl 2nd from the right.. Has a MEAN set of chompers!! Reminds me of my old piranhas.

kittychick
02-03-2007, 07:02 AM
the Andretti's have quite the legacy- that's pretty cool you got to meet the old man
:camera:

the only public person I've gotten to meet lately was Gov. Perdue- he's encouragable (I was in college at the time-he told me to finish school; get a kick ass job; then pay taxes like the rest of us) :rolleyes:

The Yousef
02-03-2007, 07:22 AM
you're my hero Rut...

BiH1320
02-03-2007, 07:28 AM
Whoa, hope I dont hurt any feelings, but the girl 2nd from the right.. Has a MEAN set of chompers!! Reminds me of my old piranhas.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: +1

civic95
02-03-2007, 09:36 AM
I bet that was cool. I've seen all your commercials on Speed Rut. They are halarious. You're getting to meet all the racing stars.. Keep up the good work.

DBCooper
02-03-2007, 10:19 AM
nice glad he was cool. love your spots on speed? you said you wrote them? if so that is really cool. +1 for u

RutRoe
02-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Thanks guys... I wrote 3 of the 5, so I'm pretty pumped about that...

Speedminded how funny is that pic. Where in the hell did you find that? Myspace maybe...that was probably 2002. Definitely while I was at UGA...

The best part is the shirt I was wearing had a picture of the family from the old tv show "Leave it to Beaver" but the only word on the shirt was VAGINA.

Good times...funny pic man.

The commercials should be loaded onto You tube this weekend, so I'll post them once they're in.

thanks again guys...I'm having a great time with everything.

speedminded
02-04-2007, 12:23 AM
Speedminded how funny is that pic. Where in the hell did you find that? Myspace maybe...that was probably 2002. Definitely while I was at UGA...

The best part is the shirt I was wearing had a picture of the family from the old tv show "Leave it to Beaver" but the only word on the shirt was VAGINA.

Good times...funny pic man.Ashley was here last night when one of your commercials came on (TV's locked on Speed channel :tongue: ) I was like "hey check out the guy on this commercial" and she flipped out and was like wtf, what's rutledge doing on the tv?!! ..hahaha, i just thought i was gonna be cool by showing her someone i know on national tv...oops, small world. oh, I've heard alllll kinds of things ;)

RutRoe
02-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Oh wow... that's crazy.....Tell her I said Hello. That's wild.

I hope you haven't heard any stories that I dont remember. That could be trouble.