PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up: Clayton County

Firefightin_tC
01-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Granted...this is probably a long shot but still.

Two 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch 2 in a custom grey carpeted box and a Kenwood 1000W amp where stoled from my car today after I had to leave it on I-675 in front of the Ellenwood Rd. exit due to mechincal issue.

Upon getting the car towed I found my rear passenger window was smashed in, leaving the backseat soaking wet from all the rain, glass everywhere and of course interiro of my car trashed.

I'm expecting anything to come of this...but please keep an eye out. This is coming from a Clayton County Firefighter, who risked his life on a daily basis for the people of the county only to have his things taken from him.

I appericate you reading and doing whatever you can to help and any bit of support.

LeX
01-23-2007, 06:52 AM
crap dude.... I can't believe this place. It is Atlanta though. I got my shit jacked... good thing state farm gave me better stuff than I started with. Those guys rock.

Halfwit
01-23-2007, 08:22 AM
675 = not much cop travel
ellenwood road = self explanitory
very close to forest park= self explanitory

they wouldnt have tryed to steal your car, only interested in things they can move and there gonna make like 40$ off your stuff.

Georgia_boy
01-23-2007, 09:29 AM
sorry to hear that man.
G/L

R.Kelly
01-23-2007, 10:17 AM
that sucks bad man

Firefightin_tC
01-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Yeah no shit it sucks.

To be honest, I was going to write this off as a lost, but my insurance said there is a good chance I may get comp'd for my loss (at least for some of it), seeing how the amp was consider "bolted on and installed" in the car. The subs however...I may have to shop around for another set.

EG6
01-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Man is this the pair of subs I sold you?
That's fucking gay...how long was the car sitting for?

3.5altman
01-23-2007, 11:09 AM
damn homie, they didn't have to do you like that...

Firefightin_tC
01-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Man is this the pair of subs I sold you?
That's fucking gay...how long was the car sitting for?

Yup. Little over 24 hours. It happens around 5am on Sunday...I pickeed the car up Monday @ 12.15

Bballjamal
01-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Sry to hear man! Hope you get re-imbursed somehow!

LeX
01-23-2007, 12:01 PM
they should reimburse you for the amp and sub and anything else... my box wasn't bolted down and i got the money back, state farm automatically covers audio up to 1k without extra premiums, that's all I know

LeX
01-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Sry to hear man! Hope you get re-imbursed somehow!

if you happen to show up at the nissan meet even though you don't have one, snap another pic of my car i'll love you forever :goodjob:

Bballjamal
01-23-2007, 12:15 PM
if you happen to show up at the nissan meet even though you don't have one, snap another pic of my car i'll love you forever :goodjob:

Ohh snapz! I found love on IA! lol!

I might actually show though because I'm a car meet whore! :lmfao:

Make sure you say something to me if you do see me so I know which car is yours! I know you posted pics of a maxima at one point so I should remember it!

Edit, I just saw you're a guy.......no love 4 jOO :no: I got you on the pics though lmao

b19wheels
01-23-2007, 05:44 PM
yea i seen that car on 675 the other day on my way to work!!Damn i hate that happened to you!Next time get a tow truck or get a friend to come get the car...

Firefightin_tC
01-23-2007, 08:15 PM
yea i seen that car on 675 the other day on my way to work!!Damn i hate that happened to you!Next time get a tow truck or get a friend to come get the car...

Yeah, CCFD Station Two is right down the road. Maybe it was be actually thinkin' the goodwill towards men, means a shit...but I assumed it would at least be okay until I was able to get a truck to it. It rained all day Sunday...and everyone I called couldn't get over there until Monday...

...but then again hind-sight is always 20/20

con
01-23-2007, 08:38 PM
damn dude, hate to hear this........my motto, never leave a loaded vehicle behind. I've broken down my share of times on the expressway and only once did I leave my ride and it was for only 45 minutes. still I snatched out my head unit, subs, amp and all personals before leaving it. granted I didn't have a custom setup so was able to do so with basic tools.

I know IA should be better networked than to allow stuff like this to happen. On local bike forums we have a listing of emergency contacts and you can bet your bottom dollar that if you need a tow or emergency assistance someone will respond. It would be great to have the same on here. I'm sure the car clubs have their contacts, but for all else.

I would like to extend my help to anyone on the southside whoever needs a tow or emergency assistance within reason (keep in mind a professional local tow is only around $55-$70). I don't have a tow truck or hauler, but I have a capable vehicle and I'm not ashamed to hook up the heavy duty tow rope and pull a vehicle to safety. I've done it before and I'll do it again. I've towed from 285E around Lavista Rd all the way to Stockbridge by expressway passing local cops and troopers without a problem.

kainkauz
01-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Its good to hear how helpful you are but cant you get a ticket for towing a car with a rope?

damn dude, hate to hear this........my motto, never leave a loaded vehicle behind. I've broken down my share of times on the expressway and only once did I leave my ride and it was for only 45 minutes. still I snatched out my head unit, subs, amp and all personals before leaving it. granted I didn't have a custom setup so was able to do so with basic tools.

I know IA should be better networked than to allow stuff like this to happen. On local bike forums we have a listing of emergency contacts and you can bet your bottom dollar that if you need a tow or emergency assistance someone will respond. It would be great to have the same on here. I'm sure the car clubs have their contacts, but for all else.

I would like to extend my help to anyone on the southside whoever needs a tow or emergency assistance within reason (keep in mind a professional local tow is only around $55-$70). I don't have a tow truck or hauler, but I have a capable vehicle and I'm not ashamed to hook up the heavy duty tow rope and pull a vehicle to safety. I've done it before and I'll do it again. I've towed from 285E around Lavista Rd all the way to Stockbridge by expressway passing local cops and troopers without a problem.

Altima_404
01-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Dammit JB i thought i passed your car when i was heading back to Fort Valley the other day....man dude that shit sucks!!!! what happen to the Altima??...oh yeah i need your number again cause i got a new phone PM me

jblaudio06
01-24-2007, 11:18 AM
some1 broke the weatherstrip on my car in my driveway few months ago...had to pay for 400 window and weatherstrip they ran after they got door open when factory shitty alarm went off ...they could have came back in like 5 min and got like 5k of audio.....next day i got a viper.....its def worth spending money on a alarm when you have audio in ur car

SPOOLIN
01-24-2007, 02:29 PM
id like to fake a break down in a similar area with 5% tint just wait for them to smash my window with my 16 gauge in their face. Just a thought.

Firefightin_tC
01-25-2007, 05:12 PM
And of course, just like a I figured...with all of my shit put together...didn't even come close to my deductible because they won't include the subs.

So now, I'm on my own...what the fuck am I payin' insurance for?

LeX
01-25-2007, 09:00 PM
dang thanks seriously sucks bro... I am selling a 12 if you're interested i'll let it go for a good price. Otherwise good luck I am into the audio world if you are lookin for anythin in particular let me know

acura_dude
01-26-2007, 02:56 PM
damn dude that really sucks...sorry to hear that bro...if you want to get a new sub in the near future i have a 15'' solobaric l7 for $125

ChaosEclipse
01-27-2007, 09:08 AM
1st off Damn I'm sorry to hear that....man I can't see anybody doing that to my car but I know its going to happen one day, shyt like this always do.

Dude as soon as I would have seen that Ellenwood exit I would have dropped the E-Brake and pushed my car home or to a place I feel like no one could get in to it....like.....in the middle of the road (sideways) so I could block all cars and get the cops there quick...(that's how much I love my Eclipse)....