PDA

View Full Version : Misc The Raiders are prepared to offer for Vick

tony
01-22-2007, 02:28 PM
Jerry Porter

Randy Moss

And the #1 Draft Pick.. all for Vick. This is what preliminary reports are, what do you think?

2.0civic
01-22-2007, 02:30 PM
DO IT!!! especailly if the bottle ended up being weed...schaub, #1 pick, and recevers would almost gurantee a playoff spot

TeeJay
01-22-2007, 02:31 PM
holy shit, sources?? link?? i think it would be a win win for both parties, as much as i love vick as a player, he will never be appreciated or reach his full potential with the falcons

2.0civic
01-22-2007, 02:33 PM
holy shit, sources?? link?? i think it would be a win win for both parties, as much as i love vick as a player, he will never be appreciated or reach his full potential with the falcons

Teejay, i know you love vick (and i think hes a great athlete myself) but do you think if he had a line, he would actually stay in the pocket to pass or do you think he would still want to run? Purely hypothetical but i know vick has a strong arm but do you think hes accurate enough to be a great pocket QB?

tony
01-22-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm listening to sports talk radio and that is the report coming from a reliable source.. I cannot remember the name of the website though.

gtikid
01-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Teejay, i know you love vick (and i think hes a great athlete myself) but do you think if he had a line, he would actually stay in the pocket to pass or do you think he would still want to run? Purely hypothetical but i know vick has a strong arm but do you think hes accurate enough to be a great pocket QB?

No...

TeeJay
01-22-2007, 03:23 PM
see, thats the thing about vick, and why he will never succeed in atlanta. ppl bitched about him running too much, and he doesnt throw enough, and he changed his game and started throwing more. he had some 250-300 yd games last year, but the defense sucked so the falcons lost most of those games. so ppl started saying they want the old vick back, hes throwing too much, blah blah. vick will never be the traditional pocket qb like manning or brady, and ppl need to accept that instead of trying to change him. just let him do his thing. the falcons did that under dan reeves and in moras first year, and he had some success, some playoff wins. but after that everybody started wanting him to change, and he listened. he shouldnt have, but he did

CRXDX
01-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Raiders have the worst offensive line in the history of the nfl....i dont think vick will be able to succeed! as a raiders fan i would love to see him there, but they need to rebuild that line b4 making any changes at qb

Sammich
01-22-2007, 03:37 PM

he'd stay in the pocket cuz then he'd trust his line. he dnt trust anybody now...neither would i. he's decently accurate..get him some help and he'll be str8

PhAtBoYMr2
01-22-2007, 03:40 PM
vick won't be going anywhere.

TeeJay
01-22-2007, 03:41 PM
i wont believe it until i hear it from espn's chris mortensen. he always has the falcons scoop

Kelly
01-22-2007, 03:41 PM
vick won't be going anywhere.

Ya don't think? What if it was up to him? What do you think HE would chose?

TeeJay
01-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Ya don't think? What if it was up to him? What do you think HE would chose?
i think if he had any wits about him, he wouldnt choose the raiders LOL. talk about a team headed nowhere fast, they dont even have a head coach yet, and here they are tryna get vick?? (allegedly)

Kelly
01-22-2007, 03:45 PM
But do you think he even likes playing for the falcons? I'm ify on that one. I'm a Vick lover but I wish he had a little more heart in the game ya know?

TeeJay
01-22-2007, 03:46 PM
i dont think so, kelly.

TeeJay
01-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (10 members and 0 guests)
TeeJay, phatboislim, soul, Specvee, turbowrx, PhAtBoYMr2, efman, pete, NiLLy, gtikid

pete in da house

Sammich
01-22-2007, 03:52 PM
vick should start smokin and injectin them roids

Sammich
01-22-2007, 03:53 PM
lookie pete lurkin like da lurker he is...ninja style

Julio
01-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Vick will love it!!!

He can find that sick Chronic in the west... f0 Sh0 !!

imbosile
01-22-2007, 04:27 PM
dont know if this has already been posted, but it wasn't weed in the bottle.

con
01-22-2007, 04:30 PM
^:lmfao: @ Julio's statement......

personally I don't think he would choose to leave, however if true that's a sweet ass'd offer. so who would you guys choose for the #1 draft pick - Calvin Johnson???

efman
01-22-2007, 04:32 PM
wont ever happen vick is the face of the falcons and it will stay that way, i say pick up dwayne jerret (sp) in the draft and let vick do his thing

2.0civic
01-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Vick will love it!!!

He can find that sick Chronic in the west... f0 Sh0 !!

hell yeah...then raiders can get williams and the cali economy will go up 100% overnight....

efman
01-22-2007, 04:33 PM

personally I don't think he would choose to leave, however if true that's a sweet ass'd offer. so who would you guys choose for the #1 draft pick - Calvin Johnson???
hell ya calvin johnson, i kinda wish it would happen just so calvin would stay in atlanta ! i'm a much bigger calvin johnson fan than a vick fan but i rather see them both at atlanta !

tony
01-22-2007, 07:55 PM
The way management seemed to throw Vick under the bus with this whole weed thing I really wouldn't blame him. Something isn't right in the Falcon camp and they're not making it public right now.

{X}Echo419
01-23-2007, 07:23 AM

or draft some....dare I say....LINEMEN! Tom Brady or Peyton Manning couldn't do shit if they have someone in their face 2 secs after the snap every down. this would be a GREAT deal for the falcons. their almost guarnteed a great draft pick and if they cut Vick they'd have plenty of $$$ to spend on things like a O & D Line. which is what they have Always lacked. :2cents:

VegetaRules
01-23-2007, 11:18 AM
This deal would be ridiculous for so many reasons. Okay, besides Vicks cap hit + paying whoever you draft at #1, what the hell are we gonna do with 5 WR'S!!! Thats dumb point #1

#2. Who do you draft at 1? Calvin Johnson? LMAO okay, now we have 6 WR's!!

#3. Oh you say draft JeMarcus Russell? What so we can relive another Black vs White QB? Then if you draft Russell, then what are you hanging onto Schuab for this long anyhow??

#4. If you don't draft CJ, or a QB, then what player/position is worth drafting at #1 spot? Peterson? Micheal Bush? a Safety? a Dlineman? I mean it's not alot of #1-type players that can immediately help the Falcons.

Doing this trade would cause MORE issues, other than th eones I named. Please don't anyone come on here stating that we could trade our current set of Wideouts! LMAO I mean really, who would want any of them, for a draft pick worth anything.

I'd do the trade for more 2nd & even 3rd round picks. Falcons problems will not end with Vick, I promise you that. They need another CB, & Safety, they need at least 2 Offensive lineman.

It's funny how you people claim to be Falcons fans & watch them play. Vick hikes th eball 2 WRONG COLORED jeresys are in his face before he takes 2 steps back, but yet you complain he runs out the pocket too much.

When you see Manning & Brady, they can drop back & set-up a camp, start the fire before you see any pressure. You PROTECT THE QB 1st & foremost, & the Falcons have yet to do this at any point since having Vick.

They draft small ass lineman who get pushed around by stronger, faster Dlines, then ya'll wonder why Vick looks soo freakin horrible. The oldest football saying is always true " You start building a team on BOTH LINES"......Vegeta

TeeJay
01-23-2007, 12:40 PM
This deal would be ridiculous for so many reasons. Okay, besides Vicks cap hit + paying whoever you draft at #1, what the hell are we gonna do with 5 WR'S!!! Thats dumb point #1

#3. Oh you say draft JeMarcus Russell? What so we can relive another Black vs White QB? Then if you draft Russell, then what are you hanging onto Schuab for this long anyhow??

#4. If you don't draft CJ, or a QB, then what player/position is worth drafting at #1 spot? Peterson? Micheal Bush? a Safety? a Dlineman? I mean it's not alot of #1-type players that can immediately help the Falcons.

Doing this trade would cause MORE issues, other than th eones I named. Please don't anyone come on here stating that we could trade our current set of Wideouts! LMAO I mean really, who would want any of them, for a draft pick worth anything.

I'd do the trade for more 2nd & even 3rd round picks. Falcons problems will not end with Vick, I promise you that. They need another CB, & Safety, they need at least 2 Offensive lineman.

It's funny how you people claim to be Falcons fans & watch them play. Vick hikes th eball 2 WRONG COLORED jeresys are in his face before he takes 2 steps back, but yet you complain he runs out the pocket too much.

When you see Manning & Brady, they can drop back & set-up a camp, start the fire before you see any pressure. You PROTECT THE QB 1st & foremost, & the Falcons have yet to do this at any point since having Vick.

They draft small ass lineman who get pushed around by stronger, faster Dlines, then ya'll wonder why Vick looks soo freakin horrible. The oldest football saying is always true " You start building a team on BOTH LINES"......Vegeta

+1

{X}Echo419
01-23-2007, 12:57 PM

well, you just made the case for drafting a WR. the 5 we have suck and aren't worth shit. Soooooo...

yeah, maybe 5 years ago. I think most fans are beyind that. it's not like you hear Finneran getting shit for being a white WR that's better(injured I know) than the 5 black 1's. B/W contraversy is for people with a "chip" on their shoulder not pads.

there are plenty of talented players coming up this year. besides by cutting Vick the Falcons would have more than enough $$$ to BUY an O & D line.

Doing this trade would cause MORE issues, other than th eones I named. Please don't anyone come on here stating that we could trade our current set of Wideouts! LMAO I mean really, who would want any of them, for a draft pick worth anything. no one has :thinking:

where are you gonna get them? pull them out of the sky?

there's a little more to it than that.

those 2 use things like hard, slient, or just plain confusing(to the Defense) snap counts. they KNOW HOW/WHEN TO call an audible and are 10000000XBetter @ reading the Defense than Vick has ever been. Vick just comes to the line says hut, looks for someone, dosen't see them and starts running.

and it'll be a whole lot easier to get those lines when their not throwing millions of $$$ out the window for Vick.
:2cents:

tony
01-23-2007, 01:03 PM
Blank has said Vick isn't going anywhere.. no trade.

{X}Echo419
01-23-2007, 01:04 PM
Blank has said Vick isn't going anywhere.. no trade.

he also said that he was committed to winning soooo...... :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Hulud
01-23-2007, 01:07 PM
yeah, maybe 5 years ago. I think most fans are beyind that. it's not like you hear Finneran getting shit for being a white WR that's better(injured I know) than the 5 black 1's. B/W contraversy is for people with a "chip" on their shoulder not pads.

very true +1

efman
01-23-2007, 02:34 PM
calvin ftw !

VegetaRules
01-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Echo, please, none has a chip on thier shoulder. What I state is fact. I find it funny how Vick's accomplished more than ANY of your previous QB's, yet all you people can do is complain.

He's gotten you a win away from SB, he's gotten you 1st off respectability. For all his faults & shortcommings whether it be of his own doing, or outside fators, he still won for ya'll. He plays, Falcons win, he doesn't the " pocket QB's" lose.

It's as simple as that, I didn't see Chris Miller taking ya'll anywhere, but he didn't get no bullshyt. Didn't see Jeff George, & THE RUN & SHOOT taking you as far as Vick, NOR did he get HALF the bullshyt Vick does.

So either it's a B/W thing, or then you people are 98 Falcons fans, cause you obviously missed Bobby Hebert,Doug Johnson,Matt Schaub( 0-3 as a starter) Chris Chandler, Billy Joe Tolliver and the aforementioned George, & Miller.

You weren't winning, nor had any CHANCE of winning with those dudes( outside of the one fluke 98 year). Why don't ya'll go get the NFL films on the Falcons season, & see how 6 dropped TD's turned 9-7, into 7-9. You people need to wake up......Vegeta

TeeJay
01-23-2007, 03:38 PM
BILLY JOE TOLLIVER FTW!!!!!!!111111

VegetaRules
01-23-2007, 04:36 PM
BILLY JOE TOLLIVER FTW!!!!!!!111111

LMAO oh yeah, didn't think I forgot about his little stretch as Falcons QB!! LMAO :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: Real Falcons fan for life right huurrr.:goodjob: lol....Vegeta

Lucky DAWG
01-23-2007, 04:40 PM
But do you think he even likes playing for the falcons? I'm ify on that one. I'm a Vick lover but I wish he had a little more heart in the game ya know?

i agree

he doesn't seem like he enjoys it
his choice i doubt he would go to the raiders though either

i think if that were a done deal though in that trade that we should take it, vick is a great athlete but he makes way too many unbelieveably retarded choices that can cost us a whole game sometimes

Vteckidd
01-23-2007, 05:52 PM
TRADE HIS ASS

{X}Echo419
01-24-2007, 08:42 AM
Echo, please, none has a chip on thier shoulder. What I state is fact. I find it funny how Vick's accomplished more than ANY of your previous QB's, yet all you people can do is complain.

He's gotten you a win away from SB, he's gotten you 1st off respectability. For all his faults & shortcommings whether it be of his own doing, or outside fators, he still won for ya'll. He plays, Falcons win, he doesn't the " pocket QB's" lose.

It's as simple as that, I didn't see Chris Miller taking ya'll anywhere, but he didn't get no bullshyt. Didn't see Jeff George, & THE RUN & SHOOT taking you as far as Vick, NOR did he get HALF the bullshyt Vick does.

So either it's a B/W thing, or then you people are 98 Falcons fans, cause you obviously missed Bobby Hebert,Doug Johnson,Matt Schaub( 0-3 as a starter) Chris Chandler, Billy Joe Tolliver and the aforementioned George, & Miller.

You weren't winning, nor had any CHANCE of winning with those dudes( outside of the one fluke 98 year). Why don't ya'll go get the NFL films on the Falcons season, & see how 6 dropped TD's turned 9-7, into 7-9. You people need to wake up......Vegeta
1st: me no Falcons fan.
2nd: "Vick accomplished more than any of your other QB'". False, Chandler actually went to the Super Bowl. something Vick will NEVER do.
3rd: Vick, George, and Miller all belong in the same boat as far as I'm concerned. just for different reasons.
4th: Schaub. "Hey, offense(that sucks anyways) now try and adjust your blocking, the way the "recievers" run routes, and Warrick you're the running back now for a REAL QB. HA! gimme a break.

Finally: you're going to hang the whole season up on 6 plays?!?!?!?! that's the most rediclious(sp) thing I've ever heard! I've heard alot of BS but that just takes the mutha fuckin' cake! 20 TD's and 13 INT's, STELLAR! :rolleyes: I think even Wayne's done better than that on the tuesday night IA football games. :lmfao: Then there's the intangables; leadership-which he dosen't have. When was the last time you saw Chalier Frye or Joey Harrington flick off the fans? and they played a whole lot worse than Vick! When you're the highest paid player in the game AND the leader of the Team you are Expected to act like 1. not flick off the thousands of fans that have spent $$$ on tickets to see you and your worthless jerseys.
the Falcons scored 292 pts this year avg. 18.3 and allowed 328 pts. avg. 20.5. your 6 season changing dropped passes would BARLEY get them over .500 . when you look @ some of their losses; Saints- L 3-23 & 13-31 and Lions- L 14-30 it's hard to believe that 42 pts(31 in those 2 games) would even get the team to 8-8.
Yes, the Falcons have many more problems than M.Vick. but he sure as hell ain't helping. unless you count putting butts in the seats(which won't last for long) to pay his over inflated salary.
1 more thing: why do you think attendance has soared since the arival of Vick? is it b/c Arthur Blank is offering some cheap seats or is it the people in Atl. want to see a black QB run all over the place? personally I think the Vick lovers(some) have their own chip on their shoulder. :2cents: