PDA

View Full Version : Misc Parcells Retires

Hulud
01-22-2007, 11:22 AM
Parcells retires from coaching, leaving Cowboys after 4 seasons

By JAIME ARON, AP Sports Writer
January 22, 2007

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Bill Parcells retired from coaching Monday, leaving the Dallas Cowboys after four seasons and ending a stellar career that featured three Super Bowl appearances and two championships.

The announcement came 15 days after the Cowboys' season ended with a heartbreaking playoff loss in Seattle. He'd been at his office nearly every day since, and there were other indications that the 65-year-old coach was returning for a fifth year in Dallas and 20th as an NFL head coach.

"I am in good health and feel lucky to have been able to coach in the NFL for an extended period of time," he said in a statement. "I leave the game and the NFL with nothing but good feelings and gratitude to all the players, coaches and other people that have assisted me in that regard. "

ShooterMcGavin
01-22-2007, 11:54 AM
:wgaf: especially since he'll be back...

mocha latte cupcake
01-22-2007, 11:55 AM
everyone i work with is a football nut, this is all i've been hearing about since it came out to the media. sigh. its like watching monkeys humping a football.... it doesn't really matter whos right it just happened lol

Sammich
01-22-2007, 12:24 PM
peace out part cells

TeeJay
01-22-2007, 12:24 PM
hells yea, bout damn time

BKgen®
01-22-2007, 07:12 PM
thank God jim mora already has a job... because if jerry jones hired him i'd disown dallas.