PDA

View Full Version : Website?

Brett
01-22-2007, 11:15 AM
Leisa has a girl at work who told her she thought thier was a website that you can go to if you are somewhere like work who blocks everything that lets you through that site lets you into the sites you want to go to. Anyone know of a site like this?

We cant get to Myspace or anything from here

The Yousef
01-22-2007, 11:16 AM
tell (http://www.proxybrowser.com/) her to go to google and search for a proxy browser and test out which will work for her...

Hiro
01-22-2007, 11:17 AM
It's a proxy disguise system. I have to use it too. There are a lot of them. The one I use is Ninjaproxy.com. It allows A LOT of advertisements, though. I figure dealing with them is better than not getting on at all.

Brett
01-22-2007, 11:18 AM
I will try that, Thanks :)

The Yousef
01-22-2007, 11:19 AM
I will try that, Thanks :)

fuk ur thanks...give me reps

thinkfast®
01-22-2007, 11:21 AM
yea bish wheres reps for me

I better see green ones or else

kelly marie
01-22-2007, 11:24 AM
i have found a few proxies that i can use with my works barracuda filter.. i started using them and my IT dept. blocked them :(

Ran
01-22-2007, 11:25 AM
yea bish wheres reps for me

I better see green ones or elseError: Member must be a registered US citizen before receiving reps.

Sorry man, I tried. :dunno:

ironchef
01-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Im going to laugh if your boss comes in and sees you on myspace, fires you, and then you complain lol.

kelly marie
01-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Im going to laugh if your boss comes in and sees you on myspace, fires you, and then you complain lol.who are you talking to?

Brett
01-22-2007, 11:28 AM
It's a proxy disguise system. I have to use it too. There are a lot of them. The one I use is Ninjaproxy.com. It allows A LOT of advertisements, though. I figure dealing with them is better than not getting on at all.

It works, It runs a tad slow, But I guess accessing a site from a site slows it down, But I did just get to myspace :goodjob:

ironchef
01-22-2007, 11:30 AM
who are you talking to?Originally intended for boostless, but it really applies to anyone. Theres a reason your IT department put in filters and shit. I figure the logic to be that employees should actually work at work and be productive, instead of sitting around on myspace. Imo, complaining that you cant get on myspace from work is ridiculous.

Brett
01-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Well IF I got caught, why would I complain? I know why its blocked, But when I am at lunch or we have some slow time its nice to know I can get to a few sites I like to check from time to time. And who is complaining? Not me, I am used to not being able to get on it, we never have been allowed to.

Hiro
01-22-2007, 11:33 AM
It works, It runs a tad slow, But I guess accessing a site from a site slows it down, But I did just get to myspace :goodjob:

Good. Now

fuk ur thanks...give me reps

:werd:

The Yousef
01-22-2007, 11:35 AM
who are you talking to?
YOU!!!:tongue1: :2up:

kelly marie
01-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally intended for boostless, but it really applies to anyone. Theres a reason your IT department put in filters and shit. I figure the logic to be that employees should actually work at work and be productive, instead of sitting around on myspace. Imo, complaining that you cant get on myspace from work is ridiculous.yeah i agree.. although right now is our slow time.. i've been here for four years and they just implemented the web filter about 5 months agao.. it sucked at first but i'm used to it now.. when you don't have any work to do an 8 hour day tends to go REAL slow playing solitaire.. trust me.. i've beat my high score of 11k in 66 seconds.. i don't even want to get on myspace.. lol i just want to read something other than the ajc or cnn :)

ShooterMcGavin
01-22-2007, 11:42 AM
funny that most IT deptments don't just go ahead and block all the proxy server sites to begin with :P

ShooterMcGavin
Error: Member must be a registered US citizen before receiving reps.

Sorry man, I tried. :dunno:
damn ricky, ran trying to run his game on u...:no: u gonna take that from a halfbreed???

mocha latte cupcake
anonymouse.org or com or something

unkn0wndj
01-22-2007, 01:02 PM
https://server8.kproxy.com

Pretty quick little proxy that isnt blocked in Websense so it should be cool with every other firewall filter. Make sure you use the https instead of http.

Mr_Mischif
01-22-2007, 01:05 PM
I've found that while filters can block proxy sites, they can't block a dedicated proxy browser such as Torpark (torpark.nfshost.com). It's what I use when I wanna get on youtube/myspace

ShooterMcGavin
01-22-2007, 01:13 PM
^^^lol, websense blocked that when i clicked your link :lmfao:

kelly marie
01-22-2007, 01:17 PM
^^^lol, websense blocked that when i clicked your link :lmfao: bwahahaha so did barracuda.. a proxy is a proxy and they will be blocked :)

Mr_Mischif
01-22-2007, 01:31 PM
^^^lol, websense blocked that when i clicked your link :lmfao:

LOL try it when you get home; it doesn't use proxies per-se, it connects you to other peolle, and the person at the end connects to the website.

ShooterMcGavin
01-22-2007, 01:37 PM
trying it at home defeats the purpose of being able to use it at work? :tongue1: