PDA

View Full Version : bad road = car damage in Gwinnet

latoilette
01-22-2007, 08:31 AM
stupid flat tire

MongolPup
01-22-2007, 08:40 AM
They'll most likely say it was well marked and you didn't pay heed to the warnings.

Ed
01-22-2007, 08:40 AM
i tried it once but the dipshits said they went to the area in which my incident happened and never found to be any "road damage" so they denied my claim. well of course the damaged road would not be there anymore after 2 whole fucking months of them slacking and not going to investigate the road... my suggestion? go there now, take as many pics as you possibly can, and get a police report of what happened, take pics of your car, get estimates for everything. i failed to do all that. so i had to deal with 2k damages to my old car because they are fucking idiots at the dot...

Ed
01-22-2007, 08:41 AM
They'll most likely say it was well marked and you didn't pay heed to the warnings.

yeah when i had mine they tried to play that game with me too... so take pics of the place and show that it has no signs warning you, if it does, its gonna be a tough one

speedminded
01-22-2007, 08:43 AM
I was going like 45-50 and hit that stupid "rough crossing" last night. (pleasandale rd and rail road junction), which killed both of my front rims and significant damage to my suspension.

I've heard someone got the country to pay for their rims after it was damaged.. you think I can get them to pay for my damages as well? also, any first hand experience doing this?pleasantdale or pleasanthill? The county/city has a form you can fill out, take a picture of it so you don't have the same problem as the guy above.

Brett
01-22-2007, 08:45 AM
If its just before Buford Highway it is CLEARLY marked and they even have one of the machines that flash the warning message, Its a huge dip/uplift depending on which way your coming from, But they have it marked all over the place just before it and everyone slows down to it, so if you took that doing 45-50mph, Thats not the city's fault.

JennB
01-22-2007, 08:48 AM
Last time I was at that intersection, there were plenty of markings including one of those huge digital signs. If it's still there, sorry, you are SOL.

RUFFIAN
01-22-2007, 08:56 AM
those ass holes at the dot wouldnt even return my calls when I shattered my rim on one of the 2in. steel plates covering a big hole they were working on in the middle of the street. No it was not marked and it was raining at about 6 in the morning

MongolPup
01-22-2007, 08:59 AM
If its just before Buford Highway it is CLEARLY marked and they even have one of the machines that flash the warning message, Its a huge dip/uplift depending on which way your coming from, But they have it marked all over the place just before it and everyone slows down to it, so if you took that doing 45-50mph, Thats not the city's fault.

Yeah that one is a BITCH. Traffic slows down just so you don't obliterate your undercarriage on the car.

Ed
01-22-2007, 09:00 AM
those ass holes at the dot wouldnt even return my calls when I shattered my rim on one of the 2in. steel plates covering a big hole they were working on in the middle of the street. No it was not marked and it was raining at about 6 in the morning

mine was close to that. it was like 11 at night, they were adding an intersection, so they unpaved the road, for repaving of course, it was dark as fuck, i was doing like 35 mph, not even going fast, there were no signs, so i ended up buyin a new tire, bent rim, cv axle, bearings and other stuff.... cant remember...

Brett
01-22-2007, 09:15 AM
Yeah that one is a BITCH. Traffic slows down just so you don't obliterate your undercarriage on the car.

Yeah the one time I took my civic that way I had to take it had a hard angle just to keep from hittinb the body kit, But that area is so well marked no one could hit it accidentally

latoilette
01-22-2007, 09:18 AM
so far...damages are pretty bad:
I think I have two bent rims (still holds air)
my exhaust is F*** up and has crazy leaks
when I accelerate, there is this thump thump thump noise..<--what could cause this?

Brett
01-22-2007, 09:26 AM
You never did tell us if this was the one right at the Buford Highway Intersection, and if it was Pleasent Hill Rd.

If it was how can you say there is no marking and its the DOT's fault? Like we said earlier they have HUGE LED Flashing signs telling you about this dip/hump

latoilette
01-22-2007, 09:55 AM
that big LED flashing sign was turned off.

latoilette
01-22-2007, 10:15 AM
but anywho... i am glad i didn't lose oil pan

ShooterMcGavin
01-22-2007, 11:49 AM
any reason u didn't slow down? :thinking:

2.0civic
01-22-2007, 11:53 AM
BROKEN AXLE, CAT, OTHER THINGS...

IF THAT WAS THE ONE THERE AND YOU WERE DOING 50 THERE TO BEGIN WITH, THEN I NEED A ONCE OF YOUR FINEST CAUSE THOSE TRACKS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN BAD AND I WOULD NEVER DO 20 OVER THEM, MUCH LESS 50....

YOURE EITHER ARE A COMPLETE MORON OR GOT SOME OF THAT MIKE VICK GREEN...

ShooterMcGavin
01-22-2007, 12:20 PM
^^^he means an OUNCE :goodjob:

2.0civic
01-22-2007, 12:23 PM
oh yeah lol...missed a U there

speedminded
01-22-2007, 12:52 PM
If its just before Buford Highway it is CLEARLY marked and they even have one of the machines that flash the warning message, Its a huge dip/uplift depending on which way your coming from, But they have it marked all over the place just before it and everyone slows down to it, so if you took that doing 45-50mph, Thats not the city's fault.The right lane going towards buford hwy got me...i couldn't get to the left lane and i was barely crawling but that damn 6" step up still caught my splitter (3.5" clearance!) no big deal, it pulls the clips out on the side but then a train came, lights flashing, etc. and i had to pull on across....the second set of tracks grabs the splitter and folds it and the bumper under...niceeee

~The_Duke~
01-22-2007, 02:48 PM
I almost killed dominic while he was riding in my back seat on this crossing...his head connected with the roof quite well...

I hit it going about 50...got some air, and my car my odd noises but I didnt have any damage...lol

2.0civic
01-22-2007, 02:50 PM
I almost killed dominic while he was riding in my back seat on this crossing...his head connected with the roof quite well...

I hit it going about 50...got some air, and my car my odd noises but I didnt have any damage...lol

LIRL, we jumped it in my cousins z71 a few weeks ago...not a good idea on 9 " lift and 38"s..

~The_Duke~
01-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Ya the guy I almost knocked out with my roof jumped it in a burben...

latoilette
01-23-2007, 11:28 AM
yeah, i hate that pos road. they should fix that asap. it's been going on forever...

Brett
01-23-2007, 11:30 AM
I wonder what the hell they are even doing there, That hole looks like they are digging to China, WTF are they doing there anyways?

2.0civic
01-23-2007, 11:33 AM
I wonder what the hell they are even doing there, That hole looks like they are digging to China, WTF are they doing there anyways?

ive heard for awhile (and this has been talked about in duluth for ATLEAST 5 years) they were going to do a bypass setup like spaghetti junction there and the on on 85....i dont know what is really going on there though

ShooterMcGavin
01-23-2007, 12:23 PM
no shit? i can save myself a plane ticket then... :D

Brett
01-23-2007, 12:24 PM
:lmfao: seriously though, have you all seen how big and deep this damn thing is they are digging? If they dont find Jimmy Hoffa in there, No one will ever find him...LOL

2.0civic
01-23-2007, 12:25 PM
:lmfao: seriously though, have you all seen how big and deep this damn thing is they are digging? If they dont find Jimmy Hoffa in there, No one will ever find him...LOL
LIRLOLOL

Doppelgänger
01-24-2007, 04:41 PM
they are bypassing the RR crossing by going under it... sounds like a great place for water to hang out after a hard rain and pop a drop in some people cars like several places in atlanta lol.

Oh, btw, the area is VERY WELL MARKED with REFLECTIVE signs on both sides, not just the lit up billboard. So in fact, its your fault and you are not going to get shit from the GDOT.

latoilette
01-24-2007, 05:32 PM
yeah, i figure. it just sucks...