PDA

View Full Version : Car wreck

05Tib
01-21-2007, 07:33 PM
So friday on my way home i was on 85 north sitting in the tail end of traffic at the 285 merge when i look in my rear view mirror to see a Toyota 4 truck sliding to stop. He hit my back end and pushed me into a G35 infront of me. The hit was pretty good, bounced my head off the head rest and got a small concussion.

The G35 barely even had scratches on his bumper.

My Trunk lid, spoiler, rear bumper, rear bumper support, both tail lights and rear 1/4 panel driver side are all bent on the back. On the front of the car the front bumper, bumper support, and core support are all bent. Then the part where the bumper support bolts to the frame in the front is bent and trunk bottom is pushed up. i cant tell if the hit bent the pipes of my DC exhaust or if the hanger is just lower because the impact happend right above it.

The truck had a broke bumper, support, grill and messed up the strip that goes around the wheel well on the outside.

In a way i would like for the car to be totalled so i dont have to deal with the hassle of rental cars and body shops and crap. Either way I am getting a bigger vehicle now. Im 6'5 250 lbs and the Tib doesnt cut it. Atleast my CF hood came out ok so i can sale it too.

Brett
01-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Atleast my CF hood came out ok so i can sale it too.

You mean SELL it?

GAWD! I am so over it. When you post something you are trying to "sell" it's for SALE not for SELL...amongst the 50092730174037 other things that you obviously didn't learn how to spell or use in a sentence in elementary school.

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=102091 :D

05Tib
01-21-2007, 07:37 PM
You mean SELL it?

o yeah, sorry... I havnt been typing to well with this pain medicine they gave me. I tried to proof read.

Kinda sucks sense i just got the front bumper painted and put on that i went through you with Brett.

Brett
01-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Yeah that was the first thing I thought off :(

silversol
01-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Glad your ok jeremy! whats next?

05Tib
01-21-2007, 07:45 PM
umm thinking 4 door wrangler or Used Jeep Commander. not sure what else there is that i like.

Brett
01-21-2007, 07:46 PM
I do love the Tibbys though....

05Tib
01-21-2007, 07:50 PM
its a nice looking car. even with all the mods i had i only made 183 whp though. Guess its not bad over the 145 or w/e we put down at the wheels. And lord knows itll crumple in a crash

LeX
01-21-2007, 08:17 PM
sorry to hear that bro. Glad you're ok

Nitro
01-21-2007, 08:41 PM
u aight bro........thatz what matters...that whip can be replaced :yes:

Lilolsteve
01-22-2007, 12:18 AM
Life > Car. at least your'e ok. Ive had that happen as well. I hate traffic jams.

05Tib
01-22-2007, 10:10 AM
agree. i loved the car and put some time and money into but at the end of it i find coming out with a little knock on the head is the best that could of happen. I got an appointment with the body shop in about 20 minutes to go get the damage looked at. Ive stripped the car of all the aftermarket parts except the headers and exhaust. The headers suck to do and the exhaust i think may have gotten a pipe bent or atleast the hanger bent so i want them to check. The CF hood I will take off once i work a deal with the body shop for me to bring another Tib hood in and they just paint it and charge me for it so i can sell this car. I do have my stock exhaust also, just wanna make sure mine isnt messed up before i try and get money for it

05Tib
01-24-2007, 03:50 PM
alright got a call finally...

the qoute thus far to fix the Tib is $4,650.... and it will cost $517 for them to paint me a hood and replacing the out belt molding (window molding passenger side). That molding will cost $66 itself so i think ill just do the hood. So then i asked what all does the paint include with the hood and its the standard sand and prime, paint top side and bottom side and install and fade match fenders... So i ask "dont you have to paint match the fenders for the bumper already?" and she said "no i think we can use the bumper again"... but then she says there is the word "Infinity" ( the car) is imprinted on the bumper. So not sure how u fix that without repainting. Basically she makes it sound like they have not really looked over the front end yet and at the end of the convo she says "the qoute could go up, right now its about half way to the total of ur car and all back friday and i can tell u what we are doing with the front and set up for the hood swap". When i hit an f150 about yr ago the qoute to fix that was $1,600 without taking anything off for frame damage check. THings were pushed out of line and the price did go up.

SO my question is, can the qoute change between today and friday and it become total? I dont want it total because i dont know what i want but curious.

Sammich
01-24-2007, 03:52 PM
You mean SELL it?

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=102091 :D

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: REPOSTER OWN4GE FTW!!

keevo54
01-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Whats your insurance company? Have the claims adjust come look at your car and politely tell him you want it totalled and feel their is sufficient damage to allow the car to be totalled. I had Nationwide and was screwed in a claim. The damage= the value of the car. You most likely should want it totalled because the bgody shop will screw up a little or a lot and it will be more of a headache for you.

05Tib
01-24-2007, 05:30 PM
the guys company that hit me is USAA. I was just thinking, if 4600 is around half my value then the value of the car is 9200 and 70% of that is 6440... and they sound like the havnt checked the front end really. Definitly need a new bumper, bumper reinforce bar, where the bar bolts to the frame is bent up on both sides and then gap between fenders on both sides is off. They havnt even checked my $700 DC sports exhaust that i have been told by USAA and Abra (body shop) will be fixed/replaced because they have to return to the car to what it was before the accident.

if its $4600 already and all it needs to be is $6440 to total then i only have $1840 left to go...

05Tib
01-24-2007, 09:12 PM
ok what would you guys suggest i do? Abra (body shop) sounds like they are giving a half qoute on the body work. They openly admitted they havnt even pulled apart the front end to look for any damage or really check the frame out (uni frame car) and its $4,600 already. Its almost 3 weeks worth of me in a rental car at $30 (about $630 worth) then they have to give me depreciated trade value for my car and at that point its going to be at the 70 -75 % of the value of the the car which puts in the total range. At this point i would rather it total now then go through all the crap with the body shop/insurance company

BKgen®
01-24-2007, 10:57 PM
damn dude.
glad you're alright.

but just total it. no use in spending all that money repairing a... umm.... what's it called? a "hon-dai"? :D

keevo54
01-25-2007, 01:04 PM
ok what would you guys suggest i do? Abra (body shop) sounds like they are giving a half qoute on the body work. They openly admitted they havnt even pulled apart the front end to look for any damage or really check the frame out (uni frame car) and its $4,600 already. Its almost 3 weeks worth of me in a rental car at $30 (about $630 worth) then they have to give me depreciated trade value for my car and at that point its going to be at the 70 -75 % of the value of the the car which puts in the total range. At this point i would rather it total now then go through all the crap with the body shop/insurance company
Get the manager of your insurance claims associate on the phone and talk to him about it. I have an evo and Hendricks collision gave a quote based on a Lancer. I didn't find out till 3.5 months later when I got the car back and they were celebrating.

05Tib
01-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Get the manager of your insurance claims associate on the phone and talk to him about it. I have an evo and Hendricks collision gave a quote based on a Lancer. I didn't find out till 3.5 months later when I got the car back and they were celebrating.

i have spoke with a person i work with who use to work for a body shop for about 4.5 yrs. Also i have spoken with a family friend who is a claim adjuster and spoken with my insurance company. i think i have enough points together to get a good case. I am going to call USAA today and talk about it with them.

Ran
01-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Get the manager of your insurance claims associate on the phone and talk to him about it. I have an evo and Hendricks collision gave a quote based on a Lancer. I didn't find out till 3.5 months later when I got the car back and they were celebrating.That's f*cked up.