PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Droptopdrifter

speedminded
01-21-2007, 05:36 PM
787b paint scheme :D Think it sold for $15k

Mazda's Truman Pollard has been a stalwart of the XGR. From day one he has been faithful to helping Don Macallister in his novel series and charitable aims. One of only two racers in the 2005 series exhibiting fully independent suspension of a design with upper and lower A-frames similar to those seen on many a race car. This composite body on alloy tubular chassis has a great range of adjustment through that suspension, allowing a great deal of driver set up. This helped to progressively improve its lap times through the tight curves of Jack Peak Drive. Liveried in the striking Orange and Green Mazda racing colors, this racer has a surprise in it's tail to wow spectators, as it crosses the line it's dragster style brake shute can be deployed to aid deceleration.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/staging/carlist/items/FullSize/Cars/44510/44510_Front_3-4.jpg

Doppelgänger
01-29-2007, 01:30 PM
i saw them auction this off..... damn 15k for a gravity racer is crazy, but the audi one got something like 50k. Pretty cool though IMO.

i know my reply was kinda late.... been away for a bit.

speedminded
01-29-2007, 01:49 PM
i saw them auction this off..... damn 15k for a gravity racer is crazy, but the audi one got something like 50k. Pretty cool though IMO.

i know my reply was kinda late.... been away for a bit.you made the $5 million post just before....i tried calling Jenn when the gravity racer went across the stage to make sure you saw it :tongue:

Doppelgänger
01-29-2007, 01:57 PM
oh trust me, i was making sure i didnt miss it. I saw it up on B-J's website back in December and was waiting :D