PDA

View Full Version : IA advertisement BS

speedminded
01-21-2007, 01:58 PM
What's up with keywords being underlined and linked?

quickdodgeŽ
01-21-2007, 01:59 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/lastyear.jpg

Later, QD.

BTLFED
01-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Repost.

speedminded
01-21-2007, 02:01 PM
so? those links and mousover popups are fucking reposts everytime i click a thread or go to a page...

BTLFED
01-21-2007, 02:03 PM
so? those links and mousover popups are fucking reposts everytime i click a thread.

LOL

Hulud
01-21-2007, 02:03 PM
check the other thread

julio gave a reason in there

Julio
01-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Not sure why people are complaining.. alot of larger forums use this... hnm...

Hulud
01-21-2007, 02:06 PM
people dont like change

but what i dont like is the lag, if that can be fixed i wouldnt give a shit about the links

quickdodgeŽ
01-21-2007, 02:06 PM
I no complain, but I have never seen this on another forum. Later, QD.

Hulud
01-21-2007, 02:07 PM
I no complain, but I have never seen this on another forum. Later, QD.
i know hondatech has it

quickdodgeŽ
01-21-2007, 02:08 PM
but what i dont like is the lag, if that can be fixed i wouldnt give a shit about the links

Agreed. Later, QD.

speedminded
01-21-2007, 02:11 PM
i know hondatech has ithttp://www.honda-tech.com ? I just clicked every link and didn't find a single one...

Hulud
01-21-2007, 02:13 PM
http://www.honda-tech.com ? I just clicked every link and didn't find a single one...
i swear they used to

i havent been on the site in forever

Julio
01-21-2007, 02:13 PM
http://www.honda-tech.com ? I just clicked every link and didn't find a single one...

They have it. Just give it time to load. They also have a small lag.

Hulud
01-21-2007, 02:14 PM
They have it. Just give it time to load. They also have a small lag.
yea, check this link and look for the word car

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1869704

ShooterMcGavin
01-21-2007, 02:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/lastyear.jpg

Later, QD.
bwahahahahaha :lmfao: and yeah, a lot of other forums have it :yes:

speedminded
01-21-2007, 02:18 PM
on tamparacing.com the bottom of the first post on every thread has a "ads by google" advertisement novel.

thepolecat
01-21-2007, 02:20 PM
ever since this started my internet sometimes freezes when I click on the main page of IA (and only IA)- pisses me off man.

TheGodfather
01-21-2007, 02:21 PM
I've seen other forums use it. And they use it more often. There is an option to turn them off on some forums, but this isn't as bad and anoyying where every post is full of links.

speedminded
01-21-2007, 02:22 PM
yea, check this link and look for the word car

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1869704civic on that same page too...just when you thought meaningless ads were bs its taken to a whole new level.

Brett
01-21-2007, 06:14 PM

People like to look for petty things to bitch about, Its a free site, so they cant bitch ya know

2.0civic
01-21-2007, 06:17 PM
People like to look for petty things to bitch about, Its a free site, so they cant bitch ya know

pretty much...i could see them bitching if we paid $50 a year or something but apparently some people dont understand it takes money to run this

Vteckidd
01-21-2007, 06:19 PM
maybe its me, but i have not seen one advertisement

The Yousef
01-21-2007, 06:20 PM

fuk u

Hulud
01-21-2007, 06:20 PM
it is just you lol

here do any of these words bring links up for you:
NWS
cars
automotive
turbo
stolen cars

Hulud
01-21-2007, 06:21 PM
damnit they dont do it here

but just go check the forums page and look for those words in the descriptions (give it a min to load)

SLow_POke
01-21-2007, 06:24 PM
yup it actually does annoy some what .BUT, since i dont pay for the site :dunno: :boohoo:

JITB
01-21-2007, 06:24 PM
but it is really anooying.. im on here alot. and its killing it for me to just browse threads and shit. its slow.. and doesnt respond like it used to. got to pay bills but....ehh

Brett
01-21-2007, 07:23 PM

I havent either, But under Leisa's name I do, I guess Admins and some mods dont see it.

speedminded
01-21-2007, 07:25 PM
pretty much...i could see them bitching if we paid $50 a year or something but apparently some people dont understand it takes money to run thisok, so honestly how much is made from the links and non-sponsor random bs ads?

Brett
01-21-2007, 07:26 PM
Well what IA makes off it is really Julio's business, not ours... He pays it not us

Z0_o6
01-21-2007, 07:32 PM
i had no problem with it at all until it started freezing my shitty computer. so i just disabled the links and poof all good.

VegetaRules
01-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Boostless, I hear yah man on the money to keep site running I do. But ya'll don't think you coulda asked the members in a bigass thread to donate to keep the site running, & ad free?

Members do you want ads slowing down the site or do you wanna donate x-amount of dollars? Then if half of em refuse, then at least you'd have known. This is a great site, ya'll shouldn't be scared to ask the many members who benifit greatly from this site for ends( money) LMAO

Keep us updated on the ad front, cause the shyt is slowing the site down. I can't even surf the page on IE anymore.lol It jams whenever someone signs on & off AIM.lol....Vegeta

VegetaRules
01-21-2007, 07:38 PM
i had no problem with it at all until it started freezing my shitty computer. so i just disabled the links and poof all good.

How did you do that?? lol....Vegeta

Julio
01-21-2007, 07:39 PM
removed.
Only reason I removed it was simply to make a small portion happy and not complain about it. I will never charge IA members to pay to use this site.

Anyways.. time to move on =]

Z0_o6
01-21-2007, 07:39 PM
hold your mouse on one of them, click the question mark and read.

ShooterMcGavin
01-21-2007, 07:41 PM
removed.
Only reason I removed it was simply to make a small portion happy and not complain about it. I will never charge IA members to pay to use this site.

Anyways.. time to move on =]
never say never, not to mention a lot of members wouldn't mind chipping in to keep this heap moving along :goodjob: :D

TheGodfather
01-21-2007, 07:46 PM
Sorry, idk if this has been discussed or not. But some forums offer a VIP membership. It gives an opportunity for those who bitch to put their money where their mouth is. Pay $10 a year, and see no ads. Plus other benefits including a VIP only lounge, 10,000 PMs availible, bigger sigs and/or avatars, etc. Just something to think about, it doesn't force anyone to pay to use the site, it just gives an opportunity for them to contribute.

Julio
01-21-2007, 07:51 PM
never say never, not to mention a lot of members wouldn't mind chipping in to keep this heap moving along :goodjob: :D

When I started this site I said to myself , I will never charge a member to simply use it and talk shit.. That never made sense to me how some sites will charge or have PREMIUM packages for BS memberships...
What we charge people to advertise on here is really LOW compare to other sites with less traffic then IA.. honestly , Almost 1/2 the price...
Is been 6 years and I havent charge a member a dime, to be simply just a member of this site. Unless, they are trying to sale shit and sticky it.. but thats not a large fee and as you can see , rarely used :D

We have to use "certain" resources out there to keep it running..... I've been testing out a few shit on the site over the past month or so to see how it works out...

We are running close to a terabyte of transfer..... thats insane in my book.. I never thought this site will ever reach that.... Boy, was I wrong :lmfao:

BTLFED
01-21-2007, 07:55 PM
When I started this site I said to myself , I will never charge a member to simply use it and talk shit.. That never made sense to me how some sites will charge or have PREMIUM packages for BS memberships...
What we charge people to advertise on here is really LOW compare to other sites with less traffic then IA.. honestly , Almost 1/2 the price...
Is been 6 years and I havent charge a member a dime, to be simply just a member of this site.

We have to use "certain" resources out there to keep it running..... I've been testing out a few shit on the site over the past month or so to see how it works out...

We are running close to a terabyte of transfer..... thats insane in my book.. I never thought this site will ever reach that.... Boy, was I wrong :lmfao:

:iaowns:

Brett
01-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Me having 50,000 posts put us at that transfer rate :lmfao:

quickdodgeŽ
01-21-2007, 08:29 PM
When I started this site I said to myself , I will never charge a member to simply use it and talk shit..

I've had quite a few conversations with the quoted Panamanian from the onset of this site and he always made sure to mention that fact. Good job on that, big guy. Good job on that. Later, QD.