PDA

View Full Version : need radiator help again

GermanMuscle
01-21-2007, 09:52 AM
yesterday i wanted to take out the radiator shrout to see where exactly i have the leak on the 2000 jeep grand cherokee 4.7L V8. but then it looked like i had to take the entire radiator out. Then i was just gonna go ahead and do that to replace the whole thing. when i took a closer look i realized i had no idea what i was doing.

does anyone have a DIY or can tell me how to do it the easiest way? Or would it be best if i just take it to a shop?

Z U L8R
01-21-2007, 09:27 PM
that shroud's pretty easy to take off......basically jack up the car, get under and remove the lower half moon of the radiator shroud, you'll probably even see some 10mm bolts holding the shroud to the radiator down there. lower the car, take the upper radiator hose off and remove the rest of the screws that hold the shroud in place, and lift up....

my question to you is...if you know your radiator is leaking......who cares where it's leaking from, you need to replace the radiator. and even if you do jerry rig something for a temporary fix....it's only a temporary fix and you'll need to replace it anyways. so fix it right the first time.