PDA

View Full Version : $5,000,000 car!!! Crazy Barret Jackson Cobra..

Doppelgänger
01-20-2007, 08:38 PM
So yeah, a 1966 Shelby Cobra "Supersnake" w/800hp just went for 5 Million.

Crazy beautiful car though.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/carlist/cardetails.asp?In_AuctionID=221&In_LotNumber=1301
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/staging/carlist/items/Thumbnails/cars/4472]3/44723_Front_3-4_T.jpg
Big pics on link.

Wow....5mill on a car... wonder what he does for a living :)

The Green Monster
01-20-2007, 08:39 PM
all i know is i need to rob him lol

TeeJay
01-20-2007, 08:39 PM
HOLEE SHEEIT

TeeJay
01-20-2007, 08:40 PM
ILL TAKE 2, L O L

Jecht
01-20-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm sorry, but if I had 5 million dollars I would not blow it all on a old american car.

HiPSI
01-20-2007, 08:50 PM
it's some dude with too much money wanting to set a record at the auction rather than get a killer car for a respectable price.

David88vert
01-20-2007, 08:50 PM
That car is the greatest American car ever made, and that old car will destroy almost all modern cars. Period. It has more character than any car made now, by far.
Worth $5 million? My wife would kill me if I spent that on a car. ......

BigPoppaHurtm
01-20-2007, 08:54 PM
El Oh Fucking El. Anybody else notice its a FUCKING AUTOMATIC!?!?!?!?!

What a douche.

Kyle
01-20-2007, 08:55 PM
I just saw that on TV. I didn't know it was live.

Doppelgänger
01-20-2007, 09:02 PM
El Oh Fucking El. Anybody else notice its a FUCKING AUTOMATIC!?!?!?!?!

What a douche.

and it would kick your ass.... in reverse.

The Ninja
01-20-2007, 09:06 PM
3 speed auto lol. Still... 5mil $$$? Even if I were Bill Gates I wouldn't.

silversol
01-20-2007, 09:07 PM
That car is the greatest American car ever made, and that old car will destroy almost all modern cars. Period. It has more character than any car made now, by far.
Worth $5 million? My wife would kill me if I spent that on a car. ......

+1 best car ever made!!!!

A.P. Photography
01-20-2007, 09:08 PM
LOL you guys crack me up. It was a one of a kind Shelby Cobra that was built and owned by Carrol Shelby. There were only two built and one was destroyed in a wreck killing the owner. The car was purchased by the same guy that bought the 2007 Shelby GT500 #001 for $600,000 only a few mins before this car was sold. Put it this way, he has the money so what if he spends 5 mil on a car.

Doppelgänger
01-20-2007, 09:10 PM
something tells me they wouldnt stick any regular automatic in there..esp. if it was up to Carrol Shelby... i mean, its not like he doesnt know anything about cars.....

Kyle
01-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Doesn't it say there were 23 of them?

But I think it's a sick car.

A.P. Photography
01-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Doesn't it say there were 23 of them?
I just watched the auction, it is one of one left. Carrol built two, one was sold and the new owner died when it was totaled leaving just this one. Twin supercharged 427. 0-60 in just over 3 sec., and that was 40 years ago

Kyle
01-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Oh gotcha, I just read

CSX 3015 is one of only 23 (not 22) 427 competition roadsters built

now I see the

As history shows, CSX 3015 is one of two Super Snake Cobras built. The other being CSX 3303 built for Bill Cosby.

part.

Jimmy B
01-20-2007, 09:32 PM
heh, 5 mil,.. not for me.. beautiful car, but wow.... my father has a 67 vette stingray, 427, red on red.., and one that was comparable at the auction went for 180K,.. but it didnt have the 2 speed automatic powerglide, factory air, and power windows that my dads has :) 61K original miles, fully original.. BEAUTIFUL car!... you will see my dads there soon!

ShooterMcGavin
01-20-2007, 09:35 PM
w/that kinda money, he probably doesn't do anything :goodjob:

SLOWR/T
01-20-2007, 10:25 PM
That car is the greatest American car ever made

you forgot to add "in your opinion" :)

slowrolla97
01-20-2007, 10:42 PM
makes me wounder what car to buy and put in my garage. What cars do you guys think will be worth lots of money in 20-30 years????

quickdodge®
01-20-2007, 10:48 PM
you forgot to add "in your opinion" :)

I bet you more opinions than you think. Later, QD.

Vteckidd
01-20-2007, 11:04 PM
heh, 5 mil,.. not for me.. beautiful car, but wow.... my father has a 67 vette stingray, 427, red on red.., and one that was comparable at the auction went for 180K,.. but it didnt have the 2 speed automatic powerglide, factory air, and power windows that my dads has :) 61K original miles, fully original.. BEAUTIFUL car!... you will see my dads there soon!
my cousin has a 67, 427, AC, with 12k original miles. Cannary yellow with Red sidewalls :goodjob:

he has EVERY STICKED that came from the dealer. Like the original window sticker that was $7000 for the car in 67 LOL. hes been offered 150k for it an wouldnt take it

Hulud
01-20-2007, 11:22 PM
but its an auto :(

Brian*
01-20-2007, 11:26 PM
i would rather drive my civic... and have 5million in my pocket:goodjob:

Hulud
01-20-2007, 11:27 PM
i would rather drive my civic, with a huge aluminum wing, and altezzas... and have 5million in my pocket:goodjob:
:no:

Brian*
01-20-2007, 11:32 PM
yeah...

4bangin
01-20-2007, 11:58 PM
Chances are if he spent 5 million on a car..5 million isnt all that he has. If I had to guess I would say he still has more than 5 million left in his pocket.

A.P. Photography
01-21-2007, 12:19 AM
Chances are if he spent 5 million on a car..5 million isnt all that he has. If I had to guess I would say he still has more than 5 million left in his pocket.
Exactly, he has bought several million dollars worth of cars from BJ. From what I have read it is well over 14 million in three years.

And Brian, open your mind up. To him spending a couple of million on a car is like you buying your civic. It doesn't even phase him. :rolleyes:

Hulud
01-21-2007, 12:26 AM
hey chris stop tying to make sense to others, its not gonna work

unkn0wndj
01-21-2007, 12:35 AM
I bet you more opinions than you think. Later, QD.

Exactly.

con
01-21-2007, 09:23 AM
looks evil, old school dual supercharged death trap........

Julio
01-21-2007, 09:53 AM
even If I was a billionaire. I wouldnt buy it. Its a piece of shit car anyways.. shit even the writter said how it kept fucking up on shelby while driving in some race or whatever.
Sorry.. Is not even a "nice" looking car. and I like small cars.. to me those cars have always looked ugly. I respect there history and yada yada.. but is lame.
The people who always go and buy these cars at the barrett-jackson auctions are weird.. I say that because, I sometimes watch these autions and all they do it for is bragging rights and to show there competitor and people watching how much money they have...
Like the dude who but the 1950 something GM bus for 4 million? c'mon... hahahaha
But whatever...
Not my thing.

quickdodge®
01-21-2007, 09:57 AM
all they do it for is bragging rights

I compare these idiots to the idiots that gladly spend above $2,000 for a $500 game console just to be the "First to own one on their block." The hail is with that. Later, QD.

RutRoe
01-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Julio....Ron Pratt who bought this super snake is the same guy that bought the future liner last year.

He's a collector and seems to do quite well with his business, wether you dig the cars he buys or not. I don't know him or anything, I'm just saying hes got lots more cash than I do, and he has fun with it so I can dig it.

Not to toot my own horn but did anyone see any of the commercials that I was in that played during the auction? Both were for NASCAR on SPEED '07...

One I had a mega phone and was yelling at Kenny Wallace who was on his back porch and the other one I was attempting to oust with Jeff Gordon's race car coming at me at full speed.

There's three more that will be airing soon....but those two are airing during the auction this weekend, just thought I'd mention it for my IA'ers

SPOOLIN5.0
01-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Twin Superchargers bad ass.........

Doppelgänger
01-21-2007, 11:08 AM
Julio....Ron Pratt who bought this super snake is the same guy that bought the future liner last year.

He's a collector and seems to do quite well with his business, wether you dig the cars he buys or not. I don't know him or anything, I'm just saying hes got lots more cash than I do, and he has fun with it so I can dig it.

Not to toot my own horn but did anyone see any of the commercials that I was in that played during the auction? Both were for NASCAR on SPEED '07...

One I had a mega phone and was yelling at Kenny Wallace who was on his back porch and the other one I was attempting to oust with Jeff Gordon's race car coming at me at full speed.

There's three more that will be airing soon....but those two are airing during the auction this weekend, just thought I'd mention it for my IA'ers

+1 for some facts. BTW Rut.... i clearly remember the jousting commercial... didnt know that was you!!! congrats man :thumbup:

A.P. Photography
01-21-2007, 11:55 AM

I was laughing my ass off at the joust one. I saw that and first thing I thought was that had to be Rut.

4dmin
01-21-2007, 12:14 PM
nice ride but not worth 5mil

Sol-Badguy
01-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Watched this last night at TacoMac.

Cars were going pretty damn high on the block.

speedminded
01-21-2007, 12:36 PM
question is would you drive it?!

I'm all about historic races but i don't think i'd compete with anyone in it...just a track day a few times a year...then the other 350 days or so each year would be spent tearing it down, cleaning it, and putting it back together :tongue:

ThatS13guy
01-21-2007, 01:39 PM
shweet :D

Julio
01-21-2007, 01:45 PM
nice ride but not worth 5mil

thats what im saying... is the collectors who make it a " I HAVE MORE MONEY THE YOU " thing and they go at it.....

They try to beat each other.. and then it becomes a bragging thing.....thats all it is.

But I guess thats why they have ice cream in all flavors :D

Congogrey
01-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Ron Pratt also purchased the L88 concept car in 2005. Speed did a life on the block episode about the Futurliner and ROn Pratt and he has a very large collection of cars in the Phoenix area.

If I had the money I was dreaming over the Porsche 356 cabriolet's that they were selling.

Acet
01-21-2007, 04:19 PM
that guy prolly makes around 5M a year on interests alone. In a year, he'll get his money back.

Damn I read this thread and see how many people are hating on the part that the guy is rich while sitting at home on their asses and sipping on their beer.

gijoe0720
01-21-2007, 04:23 PM
that guy prolly makes around 5M a year on interests alone. In a year, he'll get his money back.

Damn I read this thread and see how many people are hating on the part that the guy is rich while sitting at home on their asses and sipping on their beer.
I was watchin a thing on t.v. where a guy won 52 million dollars and he said he gets 18k in interest every day

Acet
01-21-2007, 04:56 PM
I was watchin a thing on t.v. where a guy won 52 million dollars and he said he gets 18k in interest every day

That guy just has his money invested right. Let me give you an example: Have you ever thought about taking out a 10K loan and investing it?? For the first year, the company will be paying you back the 10K so you'll be paying interest and then in 1 year, they will continue paying you but you have your 10K back already so you're making profit. Have you ever thought if that? There are a lot of ways to make money. Thanks to reflexxx, who taught me that.

Sitting on your ass and being jealous is NOT one of them.

just my :2cents:

Julio
01-21-2007, 06:32 PM
That guy just has his money invested right. Let me give you an example: Have you ever thought about taking out a 10K loan and investing it?? For the first year, the company will be paying you back the 10K so you'll be paying interest and then in 1 year, they will continue paying you but you have your 10K back already so you're making profit. Have you ever thought if that? There are a lot of ways to make money. Thanks to reflexxx, who taught me that.

Didn't know having an opinion means you are automaticlly hating. :rolleyes:

Julio
01-21-2007, 06:35 PM

Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that out.. huh
But did he teach you, that with every investment you make .. there are risk?

If that was so easy, alot of people wouldnt be working in 2007, simply investing everyday and cashing in... :rolleyes:

You can talk the talk.. But lets see you walk it.

koukis14
01-21-2007, 06:57 PM
I have seen one of the two cars in person and it was so sweet.

Black Mamba
01-22-2007, 07:39 AM
damn, he could have given at least everyone like 50 grand on IA!

Brady
01-22-2007, 08:40 AM
that was carroll shelby's personal automatic twin supercharged cobra. There was only 1 other auto built by shelby for bill cosby...he ran his into a lake.

I saw this car in person at Carrol Shelby's birthday party a few years back. My had a 65. Sold it though. He's looking for a gt40mk4 now. Anways yeah, its bad assly awesome. 3 speed auto c4 transmission ( heavily modified of course).

ARH1192
01-22-2007, 09:39 AM

Prob a professional Drifter

koukis14
01-22-2007, 06:58 PM
that was carroll shelby's personal automatic twin supercharged cobra. There was only 1 other auto built by shelby for bill cosby...he ran his into a lake.

I saw this car in person at Carrol Shelby's birthday party a few years back. My had a 65. Sold it though. He's looking for a gt40mk4 now. Anways yeah, its bad assly awesome. 3 speed auto c4 transmission ( heavily modified of course).

Your dad should look at Superformance, better than the original.