PDA

View Full Version : Question about Costa Rica

Nismo
01-19-2007, 09:40 PM
xo this is going to sound really odd, but my parents are planning on moving to Costa Rica. Whats there to do? Are people into cars there? Is it a sketch place after dark?

DJ XtRaKŠ
01-19-2007, 09:52 PM
get drunk...thats what i did when i was there....

Nismo
01-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Going to be living there.....

BiH1320
01-19-2007, 09:58 PM
DONT MOVE!

Nismo
01-19-2007, 10:08 PM
That doesnt help!

TeeJay
01-19-2007, 10:38 PM
2 words...jurassic park

imbosile
01-19-2007, 11:04 PM
whoa, i'm sure it's a nice place

chrisdavis
01-19-2007, 11:28 PM
Learn to surf. Ive heard nothing but good things about the waves :D

RandomGuy
01-20-2007, 12:34 AM
i used to live there... there are a lot of sharks there, theres a HUGE underground crime family type of thing there so its not really safe to go out at night... lots of corrupt cops too... oh yeah most of the streets aren't too great so the car scene isn't too good there... (well back when i was there at least... i visited like 2 years ago and i didnt see any ricers /etc ... just a LOT of toyota camrys)

BiH1320
01-20-2007, 12:37 AM
^^ gives u a good reason why not to move.

ISAtlanta300
01-20-2007, 04:18 PM
There are nice girls over there though... nice, good, clean girls.. the kind you can take home to mom..

MR. 200SX
01-20-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm from Costa Rica and it is one of the safest places in Central America. If you go to San Jose at night of course it's dangerous... is just like going into the middle of Down Town ATL. The car scene is huge over there and people are actually moving forward and crushing the RICE :) . THERE IS ALWAYS RACES!! There are 2 1/4 strips and lots of events. Just stay out of the city area. You'll love all the girls!

01-21-2007, 09:36 AM
iwhere is costa rica are they wanting to move.. san jose is like a dirtier ATL lots of petty theft. if they are gonna be on the pacific side lots of cool stuff to do. small local bars and awsome surf spots all up and down the coast. so give up cars get an old FJ get some surf racks pick up a Tica and a case a beer and life will be good...PURA VIDA

quickdodgeŽ
01-21-2007, 09:54 AM
If you go to San Jose at night of course it's dangerous... is just like going into the middle of Down Town ATL.

Must not be that bad. Downtown ATL isn't nearly as bad as people make it out ot be. Later, QD.

Julio
01-21-2007, 10:00 AM
Must not be that bad. Downtown ATL isn't nearly as bad as people make it out ot be. Later, QD.

Thats what I was thinking.

Unless you guys have alot of dough $$$ I would stary here. I never been there... But most latin countries.. is hard to live unless you have $$$ or simply good steady income coming in.

You dont know how good you have it in the USA until you visit or live for a short period of time in another country where the economy pretty much sucks. Im sure is fun country.. only for vacation..

But.. I like I said, I never been there.. But bright enough to look/think outside the box

quickdodgeŽ
01-21-2007, 10:04 AM
You dont know how good you have it in the USA until you visit or live for a short period of time in another country where the economy pretty much sucks. Im sure is fun country.. only for vacation..

I've heard lots of people from the LA and CA countries and outlying island countries speak the same thing. Not a place where you would want to live if you didn't have to. Crime is real bad in these places and the way of life for the inhabitants is not that great. But, like Julio said, I've never been there and this is just what I've heard from people that I suppose would know. I would tell your parents to do a great deal of research on the place and area and check local police blotters/reports and see how it really is. You can probably get newspapers of that region sent to your home and read the news of what goes on. Later, QD.

TeeJay
01-21-2007, 11:50 AM
yea downtown atlanta is not bad at all, just annoying ass bums basically.