PDA

View Full Version : Just got scamed off ebay

umairejaz
01-19-2007, 04:50 PM
December 21, 2006: purchased a set of volks off a guy on ebay with 98% feedback and 15 points. He asked for a money order overnight so he could ship the wheels the next day. I sent him a USPS money order over night for $1350 after speaking to him over the phone. Paypal wasn't an option because he said he didn't have one.

USPS attempted delivery the following day but the guy had left his house an hour before the attempt. They didn't make another attempt until after christmas but he did finally recieve it and did sign for it himself.

Today: After giving me the run around about him not being able to get the wheels to the post office because his s2k couldn't hold all four along with finding time out of the office to do so, I still havn't gotton them.

My friend rechecks his feedback and two days before today someone left him a negative one for a set of 2006 s2k wheels the guy had paid for and never recieved. I emailed the buyer and he told me not to waste any time and try and resolve this. Ebay will only reemberese $175 of the cost.

Clifs:

Bought some volks for $1350 on ebay.
Paid using USPS money order.
Never recieved them after a month passes.
Ebay will only refund $175.

What should i do?

Sol-Badguy
01-19-2007, 04:54 PM
I uh, really don't know what to say.

I haven't been ripped off on the bay yet. But good luck with whatever happens.

TeeJay
01-19-2007, 04:55 PM
LESSON: always use paypal

umairejaz
01-19-2007, 04:57 PM
^yeah i know right?

Im not going to use ebay anymore, it scares me.

Where do i stand when talking to USPS?

TeeJay
01-19-2007, 04:58 PM
^yeah i know right?

Im not going to use ebay anymore, it scares me.

Where do i stand when talking to USPS?
Im not sayin not to use ebay anymore, just use paypal only, they have buyer and seller protection. if a seller doesnt accept paypal, its probably a scam

Ran
01-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Holy f*ck man, that sucks. I don't know what you should do from here on out, but I'd contact E-Bay or something.

I've bought a lot of stuff on E-Bay but I always use Paypal.

Good luck bro.

Sol-Badguy
01-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Paypal ftw.

jon360
01-19-2007, 05:01 PM
isnt that theft by deception..i think you can report it to the cops...im not sure though

umairejaz
01-19-2007, 05:16 PM
The guy lives in san diego california. I always shop on ebay but after this i have a hard time trusting anyone.

The guy emailed me within a few hours every time i had a question or concern so it was really hard not to fall for it.

I am talking right now to the other guy he scamed, see what he had to deal with.

Ltdnismorace
01-19-2007, 05:21 PM
I got taken for 4 grand over ebay. 2006 gixxer 1000, pay half now and half after delivery. Needless to say delivery never happened. Everything was traced back to Lorraine France, not a damn thing that could be done.

KoukiDrftr
01-19-2007, 05:42 PM
go visit the address you sent the money to... bring a bat!

TeeJay
01-19-2007, 05:44 PM
go visit the address you sent the money to... bring a bat!
A BAT?? PHUC DAT

The Green Monster
01-19-2007, 05:45 PM
a spiked bat :goodjob:

KoukiDrftr
01-19-2007, 05:59 PM
A BAT?? PHUC DAT
you would only be charged with battery... bring a gun its murda bitch!

xLSTONEx
01-19-2007, 06:03 PM
I mean you have his address don't you. DUH!!!!!

BiH1320
01-19-2007, 06:03 PM
If you have his number. Search up his address. And report him.

The Green Monster
01-19-2007, 06:59 PM
mail him a bomb

thepolecat
01-19-2007, 07:27 PM
the address is probably a PO box or something not linked to the guys place or residence. that would be stupid- but hey sometimes they are dumb.

Good luck chief- money orders are like cash.

Eimaj
01-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Go meet his wife(GF) and/or daughter.

Lay on the charm really thick. Talk them into some kinky shit.

Fuck 'em on camera.

Mail him the tape.

BiH1320
01-19-2007, 07:59 PM

Fuck 'em on camera.

Mail him the tape.

:idb:

TeeJay
01-19-2007, 08:09 PM

Fuck 'em on camera.

Mail him the tape.
DUDE YOURE FUCKIN SICK!!!

I LIKE IT!!! :goodjob:

seksehowy
01-19-2007, 08:17 PM
common sense ftw...

The Green Monster
01-19-2007, 09:41 PM
but you gotta make sure you dirty sanchez that ho, then donkey punch her :goodjob:

Nismo
01-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Dude I totally helped out. Im getting him 4 lexus wheels. Its going to look sick! FREE TOO!!

TheGodfather
01-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Can't you involve the authorities with the charge of internet fraud?

dELfONiK
01-19-2007, 10:15 PM
"IF" you had paid through paypal and got scammed, the only way paypal would have reimbursed you is if the guy had 50 or more positive feedback. Plus, they would have only covered up to $1000.

Since you didn't pay with paypal, the only amount ebay "may" reimburse you is $200.

Whenever I purchase something on ebay, I always pay with paypal and from someone with more than 50 positive feedback.

Whenever I sell something of value, I follow all of paypal's protection rules. Ship with signature confirmation, and to a confirmed address.

I hope everything works out for you man...

Julio
01-20-2007, 08:48 AM
where did you mail the check to ? Hopefully home addy..

LiL PaKi
01-20-2007, 08:56 AM
damnnnnn Umair i'm sorry to hear this.. just try to take legal actions... go to the local police department and file a report take the money order pay stub, all the written convos between u and the scammer, the persons phone number nad address, and the ebay action winner page and see what they can do for you.

Slowboy
01-20-2007, 09:07 AM
With the money you spent on the rims,Ok well if it was me. And I spent that kinda cash I would buy a plane ticket to were he lives hunt him down, beat the living hell out of him. And some how get money back or have the rims shipped to your place. I would have to think bout what i would do when i found him, other then beating the hell outta him.

4dmin
01-20-2007, 09:30 AM
i would fly to his house and confront him; then if he doesn't pay up file to take him to court then youj charge him airline + court fees + ebay $

Slowboy
01-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Yeah Admins got the better idea im a idiot. That way you dont end up in jail.

Deaf Pimp
01-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Post the address!

umairejaz
01-20-2007, 11:14 AM
The lady at USPS informed me the item was signed for by John Childe and gave me a scan of the signifture for proof. She also ran the money order number for me and informed me that their software shows no indication that the MO has been cashed.

I asked her if I could cancel the MO, but she said I would have to wait 60 days and at that point in time if the MO hasn't been cashed I can recieve a full refund.

What should i do?

umairejaz
01-20-2007, 11:19 AM
I think i have a good guess of what this guy did as well. Just need to find a way to catch him. What do you think?

1. Guy hacks an ebay account with keyloger or w/e.

2. Changes the account information with an adress to an unoccupied house.

3. Conviences seller to overnight payment.

4. No one is there to recieve the package so the postmaster leaves a notice.

5. Takes the notice the next day to the postoffice to sign off for the pack.

6. He's home free with nothing to trace back to him.

ATK_Designs
01-20-2007, 12:03 PM
PO should cancel your MO right away. My friend been scammed and he canceled it and they refunded him immediately.

umairejaz
01-20-2007, 12:10 PM
how did he cancel it?

ATK_Designs
01-20-2007, 12:13 PM
how did he cancel it?

He went to PO with the stub, his ID, and the receipt of the certified mail that he sent out, filed a fraud claim.

HvyArms
01-20-2007, 12:14 PM
You sent him the money order, which means that you know where he lives right? Look, save yourself some frustration, and legal fee's, and just go to dudes house and take his car. Problem solved

umairejaz
01-20-2007, 12:29 PM
He went to PO with the stub, his ID, and the receipt of the certified mail that he sent out, filed a fraud claim.

I went to the PO earlier and they said they couldn't cancel the money order unless 60 days passed with it still not being cash then they would refund my money :(

They gave me a support claims number that wont be open until monday. The guy is still stating that he sent out the wheels and i should expect them today or monday. Thats bullshit because he still hasn't been able to give me tracking number.

I think he needs until monday for the payment to fully go through, its why it still shows that the payment hasn't been cashed yet even after hes had it for more then 3 weeks.

Never tried. Perhaps you can notify USPS that eBay recently froze the users account for reasons they felt it was compromised. You need to find a way to immediately cancel it now. It's the only reason why he's even still replying to you.

Perhaps this loser didn't have ANY money in his bank account. Usually when someone receives a check or MO against a low or zero balance account, there is a hold for verification, etc.

Julio
01-20-2007, 01:07 PM
call clark howard.

StupidBikerBoy
01-20-2007, 01:12 PM
LESSON: always use paypal

There are ways to use paypal and still scam. I still have an open dispute with a guy for $231. If they clean out thier account you're SOL, paypal will not refund it.

OP: You should have an address for him or something. Call the sherrif's dept for his location, they maybe able to help. And you can always file charges against him. Using the USPS to scam someone can add more charges to it also. Be sure and let him know you're doing it. A lot of the scammers can be BS'd into giving it back also.

I had a situation once where I sent a MO and got scammed, but I did some research and found out the guy was in jail for other scams. I called the sherrif dept there and left him a message threatening more charges. His mother contacted mt shortly after and returned my money.

Good luck

StupidBikerBoy
01-20-2007, 01:19 PM

The USPS won't refund a MO that day. You have to file a claim, which takes (I believe) up to 6 weeks to confirm it has been cashed or not.

If it hasn't been cashed then you can file for a refund, which takes as long as 2 months.

If it has been cashed, they WON'T refund your money, only give the info of where and when it was cashed and by who.

StupidBikerBoy
01-20-2007, 01:20 PM
I think i have a good guess of what this guy did as well. Just need to find a way to catch him. What do you think?

1. Guy hacks an ebay account with keyloger or w/e.

2. Changes the account information with an adress to an unoccupied house.

3. Conviences seller to overnight payment.

4. No one is there to recieve the package so the postmaster leaves a notice.

5. Takes the notice the next day to the postoffice to sign off for the pack.

6. He's home free with nothing to trace back to him.

The guy would still be video taped signing for it at the USPS.

umairejaz
01-20-2007, 01:42 PM
I have three addresses and three phone numbers leading to this guy. All three addresses are within 15min of each other. I've been trying to do my research on it and have gotton thus so far.

He contacted me by email last night, he said my wheel will be here today or monday. I doubt anything he says anymore.

StupidBikerBoy
01-20-2007, 02:42 PM
I have three addresses and three phone numbers leading to this guy. All three addresses are within 15min of each other. I've been trying to do my research on it and have gotton thus so far.

He contacted me by email last night, he said my wheel will be here today or monday. I doubt anything he says anymore.

I know your still stressin it, but if you got all that on him you'll get your money one way or another.

Hope it works out though