PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods new to turbo

honda_cribb
01-18-2007, 10:56 PM
i have a 96 civic with a 98 gsr motor and im lookin to turbo it in the next month im new to the turbo field,im lokkin for some help, im lookin at gettin this kit http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=25&cat_key=134&prodname=Acura+Integra+Turbo+Kit%2C+LS%2C+GS%2C+GS R+all+years and i just wondering what else i need to make this a good turbo setup

oh yeah it my DD and i need it to be some what reliable

SPOOLIN
01-18-2007, 11:12 PM
decent little kit. it will work.

it didnt look like it came with fuel shit so youll need a walbro 255lph fuel pump, some 450-550 cc injectors and a chipped ecu to have it tuned with. thats about 500$ worth of goodies there maybe a little less.

honda_cribb
01-18-2007, 11:21 PM

it didnt look like it came with fuel shit so youll need a walbro 255lph fuel pump, some 450-550 cc injectors and a chipped ecu to have it tuned with. thats about 500$ worth of goodies there maybe a little less.

ok cool at the moment i have an aem fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator and a kenji ecu (swapped intake manifold so chipped for single stage mani) would rc 310 injectors work??

honda_cribb
01-18-2007, 11:23 PM

ok cool i have a aem fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator already also a kenji chipped ecu (chipped for singel stage mani i swapped to an aebs) would rc 310 injectors work??

SPOOLIN
01-18-2007, 11:24 PM
those 310s should be good for a little bump in power, im thinking low possibly mid 200's, ive never dealt with small injectors. Is that kenji ECU CHIPPED and SOCKETED or just reprogrammed. It has to be socketed with a removable chip.

honda_cribb
01-18-2007, 11:26 PM
umm he told me the ecu was programmed for the single stage mani and vtec was chaged to 5000 sorry for all those post my comp is crazy:screwy:

SPOOLIN
01-18-2007, 11:37 PM
yeah i think it sounds like it was reflashed. You can contact SCTTYDB411 on here and he can socket your ecu so it can be tuned when you turbo the car, you will lose your "kenji" map but the ecus capabilities will be extended far greater than what it is now.

MrMoe
01-19-2007, 08:13 AM
That has to be one of the better kits that I have seen as far as price and parts are concerned. However they do not tell you what kind of turbo your getting, it just says t3/t4. You might want to contact them to see what kind they are offering.

AnclyT
01-19-2007, 06:28 PM
just get some $50 DSM 450cc injectors

scttydb411
01-20-2007, 06:24 PM
i can take a look at the ecu for you to see if the chip can be removed w/o destroying it and make a new map for turbo and larger inj to tune.

feel free to pm me.

Big J
01-20-2007, 08:48 PM
i have a 96 civic with a 98 gsr motor and im lookin to turbo it in the next month im new to the turbo field,im lokkin for some help, im lookin at gettin this kit http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=25&cat_key=134&prodname=Acura+Integra+Turbo+Kit%2C+LS%2C+GS%2C+GS R+all+years and i just wondering what else i need to make this a good turbo setup

oh yeah it my DD and i need it to be some what reliable

I'm working with Treadstone right now designing the kit for the Nissan Spec v, so I can get probably get you a better deal than what's on the site. Let me know, I'll call Jason at Treadstone and see what pricing I can you get on the kit. Their stuff is really good quality, you can't go wrong, all the major components are turbonetics, and treadstones parts are top notch too.

You'll need a civic kit for a B series motor, if you get an acura integra kit I don't think the IC piping will fit. For a daily driver I'd get a T3 turbo, it'll make enough power and have no lag compared to a T3/T4. As for tuning, I don't know, I'm a nissan guy.

honda_cribb
01-24-2007, 05:01 PM
thanks for all the input havent been near a computer till today mine decided to crash... looking for a good place to get it tune when i get it (next month) im located in s.c.

scttydb411
01-24-2007, 08:00 PM
thanks for all the input havent been near a computer till today mine decided to crash... looking for a good place to get it tune when i get it (next month) im located in s.c.

pm'd

honda_cribb
01-30-2007, 05:13 PM
pm'd back

wesleya1018
02-04-2007, 04:31 PM
good price for the kit

boostedb16
02-15-2007, 10:08 PM
yea i got my kit from them and no problems at all.
I'm working with Treadstone right now designing the kit for the Nissan Spec v, so I can get probably get you a better deal than what's on the site. Let me know, I'll call Jason at Treadstone and see what pricing I can you get on the kit. Their stuff is really good quality, you can't go wrong, all the major components are turbonetics, and treadstones parts are top notch too.

You'll need a civic kit for a B series motor, if you get an acura integra kit I don't think the IC piping will fit. For a daily driver I'd get a T3 turbo, it'll make enough power and have no lag compared to a T3/T4. As for tuning, I don't know, I'm a nissan guy.

boostedb16
02-16-2007, 05:56 PM
that is the same kit i have, the bov sucks so plan on getting another one, the down pipe does not look like that when you get it but everything else is great. i would recommend this kit, good quality shit.

honda_cribb
02-20-2007, 04:39 PM
ok cool thanks man still waitin on big j to give me a price