PDA

View Full Version : Misc how much protein?

umairejaz
01-18-2007, 02:54 PM
With regular 4 days of resistance training and cardio per week about how many grams of protein is needed in your deit?

I've heard many different things, what do you think and why?

2.0lturbo4
01-18-2007, 03:28 PM
It depends when are you trying to gain muscle or just maintain. When I am trying to gain muscle (bulking cycle). I eat 3-4 grams per pound of body weight.For just regular maintenence I eat 1-1.5 grams per pound of body weight. I break it up into six small meals a day. Try to combine a good protein shake and chicken and turkey to give you some variety. You should also take Vitamin B6 is needed for protein metabolism, red blood cell metabolism, and proper functioning of the nervous and immune systems.

sebastianHoff
01-18-2007, 11:21 PM
if you just want to be healthy 30% of your diet should be protien. if your trying to put on muscle it should be 40%-50% of your diet. you should vary it a little too, meats, beans, nuts, ect. if your gonna drink shakes, you need to cut way back on your intake of simple sugars or you'll get fat real quick.

umairejaz
01-19-2007, 09:57 AM
ive been always told 1g/pound but then others say thats way too much. A trainer at our gym says its actually 1g/kg.... which is most half of what im doing.

alot of my protein right now is coming from whey. 25% fat and the rest is carbs.

C22H19N3O4
01-19-2007, 03:04 PM
alot of my protein right now is coming from whey. .

What's the reasoning behind using mostly whey? A mixture of different types/sources of protein would be the most beneficial.