PDA

View Full Version : color smokin tires

sidewayz
01-17-2007, 07:28 PM
if anyone was at nopi this past year they know what im talkin about. i need to know where , what brand and all the good shit about those tires

live~sideway
01-17-2007, 07:33 PM
kumho used to make them i dont know if they still do they had red, blue and yellow i think

Marty
01-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Kumho made them. They are VERY expensive.

ksinao
01-17-2007, 08:47 PM
im pretty sure they had one that changed colors, like during the burnout the smoke changed various colors. i could be mistaken though.

Mangrum
01-17-2007, 08:48 PM
yea kumho had them but like he said VERY expensive..

quickdodge®
01-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Kumho didn't make them. BFG did. They had them in red, blue, yellow and green. I remember because I was running on Euro TA's when they first came out. The police tried to ban the tires because gang members were buring rubber in enemy territory and leaving red drags in Crip territory and vice versa. Later, QD.

BKgen®
01-17-2007, 09:17 PM
old. kumho.

enjuku debuted them back at formula d in Braselton in 05.

quickdodge®
01-17-2007, 09:18 PM
old. kumho.

enjuku debuted them back at formula d in Braselton in 04 or 05.

Older. BFG. Scorcher TA. Later, QD.

bdydrpdmazda
01-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Those things were fucking sweet but not worth the outragious pricetag that came with them.

BKgen®
01-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Older. BFG. Scorcher TA. Later, QD.

even if BFG made colored tires, the ones this guy saw at nopi were most likely ecsta mx-c's.

quickdodge®
01-17-2007, 09:22 PM
even if BFG made colored tires, the ones this guy saw at nopi were most likely ecsta mx-c's.

Wow. You're good. You know exactly what tires someone saw and you weren't even around them? Later, QD.

imbosile
old. kumho.

enjuku debuted them back at formula d in Braselton in 05.

I was there that day, it was pretty cool.

quickdodge®

And it's not an IF. I do know what the fuck I'm talking about. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
01-17-2007, 09:23 PM
LINK!!! (http://images.google.com/images?q=BF%20Goodrich%20Scorcher%20TA&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&tab=wi)

Later, QD.

BKgen®
01-17-2007, 09:28 PM
And it's not an IF. I do know what the fuck I'm talking about. Later, QD.

okay i fucking believe you.

quit being a douche.

BKgen®
01-17-2007, 09:29 PM
LINK!!! (http://images.google.com/images?q=BF%20Goodrich%20Scorcher%20TA&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&tab=wi)

Later, QD.

FONTANA, CA… September 23, 2005...KUMHO Tire USA will increase production of the ECSTA MX-C, the company’s attention-getting tire that produces colored smoke. KUMHO debuted the MX-C at with Enjuku Racing at the Formula Drift event at Road Atlanta on May 6 and 7.

The ECSTA MX-C is identical to the popular ECSTA MX, KUMHO’s top-of-the-line street tire. The MX-C has additional chemicals in the compound that produce either red or blue smoke. The MX-C was initially produced in limited quantities and in only one size--255/40R17—the size that Enjuku Racing needed for its drift cars.

“Public response to the MX-C has been overwhelming,” said Rick Brennan, brand director for KUMHO Tire USA. “There has been a lot of interest in and demand for the tire in the U.S., Japan, Europe and the U.K., so we’re bumping up production to meet the SCCA’s Formula D rules and to make the tire readily available for drifting and burnout competitions here in the States.” In July, the SCCA changed the Formula D tire rules, requiring tire companies to produce a minimum of 2,500 of any tire used in Formula D.

KUMHO will offer the MX-C in two colors (red and blue) and in four sizes: 225/50R16, 255/40R17, 275/40R17 and 275/40R18. The tire will be readily available through the Tire Rack and will be available through special order at any KUMHO dealer in the United States.

“We built the ECSTA MX-C to demonstrate our forward thinking, our technical capabilities and our ability to respond quickly to the market,” noted Brennan. “We knew from the public’s reaction that we had a winning product on our hands. Like our 26-inch and 28-inch ECSTA STX light truck tires, the MX-C charted new territory that no other tire company even thought about entering."
http://www.kumhousa.com/News/Images/smoke.jpg

quickdodge®
01-17-2007, 09:29 PM
quit being a douche.

I'm just following the leader. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
01-17-2007, 09:30 PM
FONTANA, CA… September 23, 2005...KUMHO Tire USA will increase production of the ECSTA MX-C, the company’s attention-getting tire that produces colored smoke. KUMHO debuted the MX-C at with Enjuku Racing at the Formula Drift event at Road Atlanta on May 6 and 7.

The ECSTA MX-C is identical to the popular ECSTA MX, KUMHO’s top-of-the-line street tire. The MX-C has additional chemicals in the compound that produce either red or blue smoke. The MX-C was initially produced in limited quantities and in only one size--255/40R17—the size that Enjuku Racing needed for its drift cars.

“Public response to the MX-C has been overwhelming,” said Rick Brennan, brand director for KUMHO Tire USA. “There has been a lot of interest in and demand for the tire in the U.S., Japan, Europe and the U.K., so we’re bumping up production to meet the SCCA’s Formula D rules and to make the tire readily available for drifting and burnout competitions here in the States.” In July, the SCCA changed the Formula D tire rules, requiring tire companies to produce a minimum of 2,500 of any tire used in Formula D.

KUMHO will offer the MX-C in two colors (red and blue) and in four sizes: 225/50R16, 255/40R17, 275/40R17 and 275/40R18. The tire will be readily available through the Tire Rack and will be available through special order at any KUMHO dealer in the United States.

“We built the ECSTA MX-C to demonstrate our forward thinking, our technical capabilities and our ability to respond quickly to the market,” noted Brennan. “We knew from the public’s reaction that we had a winning product on our hands. Like our 26-inch and 28-inch ECSTA STX light truck tires, the MX-C charted new territory that no other tire company even thought about entering."
http://www.kumhousa.com/News/Images/smoke.jpg

Did you post all that crap for me to be impressed? Later, QD.

blackboi50
01-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Kumho didn't make them. BFG did. They had them in red, blue, yellow and green. I remember because I was running on Euro TA's when they first came out. The police tried to ban the tires because gang members were buring rubber in enemy territory and leaving red drags in Crip territory and vice versa. Later, QD.

OG:fire:..........1

BKgen®
01-17-2007, 09:32 PM
just following the leader.

dick.

quickdodge®
01-17-2007, 09:34 PM
just following the leader.

dick.

That made no goddamn sense. Kind of like Hyundai Racing. You really that queer? You should stay with the rest of the dumbass "Tibby" people. No one gives a shit of you. Later, QD.

blackboi50
01-17-2007, 09:35 PM
That made no goddamn sense. Kind of like Hyundai Racing. You really that queer? You should stay with the rest of the dumbass "Tibby" people. No one gives a shit of you. Later, QD.

*grabs popcorn*:)............1

BKgen®
01-17-2007, 09:48 PM
even though the BFG's came first, they were just made for customization. i.e.- so a guy with a red/black paint job on his car could match a couple stripes on his tires to his car. the kumho's are made entirely with the colored compound built in to the whole tire. (for smoking)

quickdodge®
01-17-2007, 09:49 PM
even though the BFG's came first, they were just made for customization. i.e.- so a guy with a red/black paint job on his car could match a couple stripes on his tires to his car. (for smoking)

They were made to leave colored drag marks. Later, QD.

blackboi50
01-17-2007, 09:49 PM
let it die..........its a tie......u guyz are equally as smart when it comes to color tires:).......

damn that shit rhymes.......what u think Q-dizzle?????.........1

BKgen®
01-17-2007, 09:54 PM
C3M technology is what makes the color treads possible. Without discussing details, BF Goodrich folks say the system adds a new dimension of flexibility to tire production by allowing quick changeovers for low-volume specialty tires.

Ultimately, C3M is not expected to replace conventional tire manufacturing by Michelin or BF Goodrich. But the new process is being applied at a plant in Greenville - which produces Scorcher T/A - as well as a new facility in Reno, NV.

Why color tires, you ask? It all started with a pair of running shoes, Nike TN Airs, which rank among the most expensive running shoes on the market at $133. BF Good-rich engineers spotted the shoes, which feature black soles highlighted by distinctive blue inserts visible only from the bottom, and decided a color tire tread could do for a car what the TN Air does for the foot.

Through consumer research, BF Goodrich discovered serious interest on the part of "young and sporty" car enthusiasts, most of them male, who spend disproportionate amounts of money on aftermarket gadgets to customize their production vehicles with special wheels, neon-lit underbodies and superchargers.

BF Goodrich executives admit that most car buyers want simple black tires, but that car buffs find the product exciting. Color accents, they say, are the most common modification applied by car buffs.

Lucky DAWG
01-17-2007, 10:22 PM
*grabs popcorn*:)............1

grabs some of blackboi's popcorn and prods them with sticks to make them more pissed off at eachother :taun: