PDA

View Full Version : Misc I finally got a PS3

bdydrpdmazda
01-17-2007, 04:32 PM
What games are hot for it right now. I looked online and none of them looked very good. Just looking for some suggestions.

B16a2 Civic
01-17-2007, 04:35 PM
repost, i posted this earlier.
anyway, i got Resistance: Fall of Man....shits fye, and im gettin madden 07 and nba 2k7 when i get off

B16a2 Civic
01-17-2007, 04:37 PM
when i hook up my internet again at the house im movin into, i'll give you my tagger name so we can link up online

bdydrpdmazda
01-17-2007, 04:48 PM
when i hook up my internet again at the house im movin into, i'll give you my tagger name so we can link up online
sounds good, I just found your thread right after I made mine, I didnt think anybody would have gotten one the same day I did. I have madden 07 for my 360 but I might try that NBA.

B16a2 Civic
01-17-2007, 04:52 PM
i didnt buy madden 07 right away cause i got it on ps2, but im not about to wait for another football, im doin it today
yeah, i guess i got lucky when i bought it yesterday

B16a2 Civic
01-17-2007, 04:55 PM
heres my aim name:
b on sidekick3

hit me up when you get online with the ps3, i heard theres a downloadable game online too, thats what my homie told me

bdydrpdmazda
01-17-2007, 05:04 PM
heres my aim name:
b on sidekick3

hit me up when you get online with the ps3, i heard theres a downloadable game online too, thats what my homie told me
I dont have aim, I only have yahoo. I bought mine off the internet so it will be a couple days before it gets delivered but Ill be online as soon as I get it here and go pick up a game.

B16a2 Civic
01-17-2007, 05:06 PM
ok, pm me on here, its get forwarded to my sidekick3 email

bdydrpdmazda
01-17-2007, 05:14 PM
ok, pm me on here, its get forwarded to my sidekick3 email
I will, should be some time in the end of this week or in the beginning of next week. Im hoping to get it by saturday.

HyPer50
01-17-2007, 07:30 PM
The IA PS3 Fan Club: Population...... ^ those 2 guys.

lol anyways, ya.. they are getting alot more easy to get ahold of. Me and Kristi were at Best Buy last week and they had a stack just sitting there. Nobody was even looking at em heh. They are nice, but fuck payin' 600 for em.. especially right now when they have nothin' really good out.

Lucky DAWG
01-17-2007, 08:05 PM
The IA PS3 Fan Club: Population...... ^ those 2 guys.

lol anyways, ya.. they are getting alot more easy to get ahold of. Me and Kristi were at Best Buy last week and they had a stack just sitting there. Nobody was even looking at em heh. They are nice, but fuck payin' 600 for em.. especially right now when they have nothin' really good out.

i was there too, i sold mine for 640$, (got it for 540, 20 GB) after playing it for a month i sold it for that much before people realised they were easy to find now lol :goodjob:

now i own a wii

its a lot more fun

StupidBikerBoy
01-18-2007, 03:53 AM
I'd much rather have the PS3 than the others (yes Ive played the others). Its a way better package if you actually want all its features, which I did. Blu-ray, free PS network, bluetooth, HD gaming, etc. You'd pay more to add these to the others, the few you actually can. If you aint watchin and playing in 1080, you might as well go home.:lmfao:

hybrid90accord
01-18-2007, 01:46 PM
i play resistance on-line almost everynight Eiswritsat is myscreen name online

Lucky DAWG
01-18-2007, 03:09 PM
I'd much rather have the PS3 than the others (yes Ive played the others). Its a way better package if you actually want all its features, which I did. Blu-ray, free PS network, bluetooth, HD gaming, etc. You'd pay more to add these to the others, the few you actually can. If you aint watchin and playing in 1080, you might as well go home.:lmfao:

theres a bit more to games then having it look pretty

if graphics are ur primary concern, why not go watch a movie instead?
they play a role, but id rather have something more fun and interactive

PS3 > 360 though, just gotta give it some time to get games, it has way more potential

The Golden Child
01-18-2007, 03:29 PM
i had PS3's for sale for the low ..

StupidBikerBoy
01-19-2007, 12:43 AM
theres a bit more to games then having it look pretty

if graphics are ur primary concern, why not go watch a movie instead?
they play a role, but id rather have something more fun and interactive

PS3 > 360 though, just gotta give it some time to get games, it has way more potential

But that was partly my point, the PS3 package offers more than the others. I was interested in everything it offers, and use it also.

The only worthwhile gripe anyones has to the PS3 is the game selection, and we all know that is temporary. Price is not an issue when you compare what they come with.

The Wii is a great system for the price, but if they don't keep the game selection fresh, new, and up to date then it will flop. The games is all it has going for it.

If they keep some good titles coming out of it I may buy one also, but I'll probably be spending all my time on the PS3 when its namesake games hit the stores.

bdydrpdmazda
01-19-2007, 11:27 AM
I got mine hooked up online with resistance: fall of man last night, bucketbear is my handle, Ive been playing for like 8 hours so I had to take a break, its 830 in the morning here and Ive been playing all night.

Mr_Mischif
01-19-2007, 01:31 PM
I'd much rather have the PS3 than the others (yes Ive played the others). Its a way better package if you actually want all its features, which I did.

Blu-ray
IF blu-ray is the winner of the format war, otherwise you'll be paying for a $600 Betamax player, plus bigger capacities=longer load times.

free PS network
But even the biggest supporters of Sony say its not as great as XBL
HD gaming
the 360 has that

StupidBikerBoy
01-20-2007, 09:35 AM
IF blu-ray is the winner of the format war, otherwise you'll be paying for a $600 Betamax player

No, the whole system is $500, so you're not paying $600 for just blu-ray.

Second, just the fact that the PS3 has Blu-ray puts way more backing on blu-ray to help insure it survives. What does HD-DVD have backing it?

Third, Just because what happened between VHS and BETA people assume it will happen again. Not likely. The market has changed significantly, and it can easily sustain 2 seperate formats. When VHS and BETA were introduced, it was to a previously non-existant market.

Oh and HD-DVD is inferior to Blu-ray, it only has a 30GB capacity.

plus bigger capacities=longer load times.

Thats a pretty slack arguement, and is not always the case. If you think load times are an issue, you deffinately haven't played a PS3.

Secondly, by that logic, the 360 will have the same issues.

But even the biggest supporters of Sony say its not as great as XBL

Can you prove that?

Secondly, I should hope its better considering you have to PAY for it.

I personally like the PSN better, and its free.

the 360 has that (HD gaming)

Yes, and for an extra $200 it has HD-DVD.:lmfao:

Lets review.

BASE PS3: $500

Includes: 20 GB HD
Bluetooth
Blu-ray
HD Gaming
Free PSN network

Extra costs: none

Total: $500

XBox 360: $400

Includes: HD gaming

Extra costs: HD-DVD player $200
20 GB HD that is actually only 12 GB $100
XBL $10 / month

Total: $700 plus $10 per month and for less capacity and less features

Arguing that the 360 is a better deal just because its $100 cheaper initially is rediculous.

Crazy Asian
01-20-2007, 11:02 AM
I got both the PS3 and the X360. Am I being spoiled?

Lucky DAWG
01-20-2007, 12:30 PM
No, the whole system is $500, so you're not paying $600 for just blu-ray.

Second, just the fact that the PS3 has Blu-ray puts way more backing on blu-ray to help insure it survives. What does HD-DVD have backing it?

Third, Just because what happened between VHS and BETA people assume it will happen again. Not likely. The market has changed significantly, and it can easily sustain 2 seperate formats. When VHS and BETA were introduced, it was to a previously non-existant market.

Oh and HD-DVD is inferior to Blu-ray, it only has a 30GB capacity.

Thats a pretty slack arguement, and is not always the case. If you think load times are an issue, you deffinately haven't played a PS3.

Secondly, by that logic, the 360 will have the same issues.

Can you prove that?

Secondly, I should hope its better considering you have to PAY for it.

I personally like the PSN better, and its free.

Yes, and for an extra $200 it has HD-DVD.:lmfao:

Lets review.

BASE PS3: $500

Includes: 20 GB HD
Bluetooth
Blu-ray
HD Gaming
Free PSN network

Extra costs: none

Total: $500

XBox 360: $400

Includes: HD gaming

Extra costs: HD-DVD player $200
20 GB HD that is actually only 12 GB $100
XBL $10 / month

Total: $700 plus $10 per month and for less capacity and less features

Arguing that the 360 is a better deal just because its $100 cheaper initially is rediculous.

your info is flawed in so so so many ways

the 20GB hard drive is included on the 360 so take that 100$ off of it
and last time i checked wasn't XBL 50$ a year?

also HD-DVD may only hold 30GB and Blu Ray can hold about 50GB but Blu Ray is still not pioneered yet and its formatted from an old codec thats been around. Resistance Fall of Man i think used about 10 GB and the other 40 was filler

space is not an issue right now with games... so you can not tell who is gonna win... and who does HD-DVD have backing them... Microsoft and tons of huge corporations they're about even in backers

i say wait it out and don't buy either until you know which format is gonna come out on top. and get ur facts straight before you try to belittle someone's intelligence

StupidBikerBoy
01-20-2007, 02:36 PM
your info is flawed in so so so many ways

the 20GB hard drive is included on the 360 so take that 100$ off of it
and last time i checked wasn't XBL 50$ a year?

also HD-DVD may only hold 30GB and Blu Ray can hold about 50GB but Blu Ray is still not pioneered yet and its formatted from an old codec thats been around. Resistance Fall of Man i think used about 10 GB and the other 40 was filler

space is not an issue right now with games... so you can not tell who is gonna win... and who does HD-DVD have backing them... Microsoft and tons of huge corporations they're about even in backers

i say wait it out and don't buy either until you know which format is gonna come out on top. and get ur facts straight before you try to belittle someone's intelligence

I wasn't trying to belittle anyone. I apollogize if it sounded that way.

But before you tell me to get my facts straight, make sure yours are before you attempt to belittle me.:lmfao:

1. that $50 a year thing was part of a "start up" kit that includes a year of XBL, its $10 a month normally. But whatever, add the $50 to it then.

2. Take the $100 off, and you're still paying more. The 360 guys were the ones that were complaining about price. And you're right, I did leave a lot out, for the PS3. There was an earlier thread that compared them completely and it put the cost of the 360 WELL above what I put it at.

You're right space is not an issue, and I'm not the one that brought it up.

I realize that HD-DVD has backers, they have to. But what I was refering to was the fact that the PS3 comes with Blu-ray, wereas the HD-DVD is an ADD-ON for the 360. The PS3 will sale blu-ray movies since it comes with it, the 360 won't unless the person specifically wants them since they have to buy an add-on first.

You're right, it is to early to know the outcome, but again I didn't start the 360 vs PS3 arguement. I was just pointing out that the PS3 IS the better deal hands down, which is what the 360 guys whole arguement is based on (considering that the $400 initial price is the ONLY thing it out does the PS3 on).

Of course, in the end it boils down to your preference anyways.

Lucky DAWG
01-20-2007, 06:43 PM
I wasn't trying to belittle anyone. I apollogize if it sounded that way.

But before you tell me to get my facts straight, make sure yours are before you attempt to belittle me.:lmfao:

1. that $50 a year thing was part of a "start up" kit that includes a year of XBL, its $10 a month normally. But whatever, add the $50 to it then.

2. Take the $100 off, and you're still paying more. The 360 guys were the ones that were complaining about price. And you're right, I did leave a lot out, for the PS3. There was an earlier thread that compared them completely and it put the cost of the 360 WELL above what I put it at.

You're right space is not an issue, and I'm not the one that brought it up.

I realize that HD-DVD has backers, they have to. But what I was refering to was the fact that the PS3 comes with Blu-ray, wereas the HD-DVD is an ADD-ON for the 360. The PS3 will sale blu-ray movies since it comes with it, the 360 won't unless the person specifically wants them since they have to buy an add-on first.

You're right, it is to early to know the outcome, but again I didn't start the 360 vs PS3 arguement. I was just pointing out that the PS3 IS the better deal hands down, which is what the 360 guys whole arguement is based on (considering that the $400 initial price is the ONLY thing it out does the PS3 on).

Of course, in the end it boils down to your preference anyways.

1. thats why i put a question mark at the end of it...

2. i didn't say you're still not paying it more, you still are for when you add on everything to the price of a 360, its just you made the gap bigger then it was, never said you were entirely wrong

3. The PS3 will sell blu-ray movies bc it comes with it??? that makes no sense... they are gonna be in the movies section right next to the HD-DVD movies section, there are players for HD-DVD too man, and they are about 200 or 300$ cheaper then a stand alone Blu-Ray player.

Gamers are not the only ones buying High Def movies, the majority of sales for those movies will be for people who buy the players seperately... bc the PS3 simply comes with one is not going to boost sales. Most people will most likely buy a HD-DVD player over a Blu-Ray player simply bc of price.

90% of adults are going to buy the player instead, they aren't going to buy a game system simply to have the DVD Player, its a luxury.

I agree though, the PS3 is gonna come out on top of the 360, its a better media center all together and i might buy one down the road, the real competition is between the PS3 and the 360, the Wii will have none bc its based on a different market. Bottom line Wii will survive... PS3 is a better system then 360... but the fate of microsoft or sony's gaming career could very well flop when it comes to the system's after these depending on whether or not HD-DVD or Blu-Ray comes out on top.

all you can do is wait for now and see what developers do with each format and how the DVD's and new DVD players sell

StupidBikerBoy
01-21-2007, 09:07 AM
3. The PS3 will sell blu-ray movies bc it comes with it??? that makes no sense... they are gonna be in the movies section right next to the HD-DVD movies section, there are players for HD-DVD too man, and they are about 200 or 300$ cheaper then a stand alone Blu-Ray player.

Look at it this way. The PS3 comes with a blu-ray player. Gamers want the PS3, but many that wouldn't normally buy blu-ray movies will now because they have a player. Given that the PS3 will easily sell millions that opens the market up to those that bought it. Why would you buy normal movies now that you have a "free" blu-ray player? Of course, Im speaking for the masses.

But with HD-DVD, that is not the case. Since it isn't included as part of the package it removes it from the "gamers" market. Only people that share interest in gaming and movies will be interested in buying the HD-DVD add-on for the 360.

The PS3 is market sharing, which is always better than dividing markets.

Gamers are not the only ones buying High Def movies

Never said they were. I'm not really speaking for that market, but from what I've seen Blu-ray is better marketed to the people. Thats what will make or break them. But as I said before, I think they will both remain considering the market can easily support both.

SloWRX
01-21-2007, 09:22 AM
good, slap ur self with it...

Lucky DAWG
01-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Look at it this way. The PS3 comes with a blu-ray player. Gamers want the PS3, but many that wouldn't normally buy blu-ray movies will now because they have a player. Given that the PS3 will easily sell millions that opens the market up to those that bought it. Why would you buy normal movies now that you have a "free" blu-ray player? Of course, Im speaking for the masses.

But with HD-DVD, that is not the case. Since it isn't included as part of the package it removes it from the "gamers" market. Only people that share interest in gaming and movies will be interested in buying the HD-DVD add-on for the 360.

The PS3 is market sharing, which is always better than dividing markets.

Never said they were. I'm not really speaking for that market, but from what I've seen Blu-ray is better marketed to the people. Thats what will make or break them. But as I said before, I think they will both remain considering the market can easily support both.

im sure the already 10 million 360 owners as opposed to the now 1 million ps3 owners will not have a problem with putting out 200$ to watch HD-DVD if they want it bad enough as opposed to buying a whole new system or a stand alone player for that.

and theres no point to buy either of them for this purpose anyways at this point.

THERES NO DAMN MOVIE SELECTIONS WHAT SO EVER!

all we can do is wait, so lets just call it even and you give me rep points for a good debate haha :goodjob:... i have to spread some love before i can give it back to you or else i would

bdydrpdmazda
01-22-2007, 03:53 AM
I just bought both systems. I enjoy my 360 alot more than my PS3 but the PS3 is an amazing system considdering how new it is. Six months from now when the game selection is a little bigger I might like it alot more. It was a good investment but for right now it doesnt hold a candle to the 360.

ARH1192
01-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Xbox live is 50 a year. I dont mind paying it.. it keeps some of the cheaters out. once u get banned u gotta make a new GT so thats another 50. Now they could, I guess, do a IP ban but they are making some money by not. and I doubt the PS3 will be IP banning any cheaters..

so as I see it.. xbox live is better just bc it will have less cheaters. I know both systems are new and thet isnt much modding going on yet.. but there will be.

360 > PS3 just bc Halo3

also, IF blue-ray does when.. Im sure u'll be able to buy a external player for the 360.. which means for those waiting, u wont waste any money.

idk how u guys are saying the PS3 is a better deal. I paid 400 bucks for my 360 and that was it.. I got all I need. plus 50 for live.. so $450.. u DONT have to have the HD-played if u dont want.. I could careless right now if I had it.. yea I got a 1080 TV but it just not worth the extra money to me right now so I dont see it as a better deal for me.

hybrid90accord
01-22-2007, 08:15 AM
point blank if you have the money for a Ps3 great, if you dont then you dont. 360 are cool too but everyone complains about the price of Ps3 but can we all rememeber when the NEO*GEO came out it was $600 years ago and the games were $200 each. their is like a $100 differece between the 20gig PS3 and the 360 hell if your spending over $300 for a game system who gives a shit, you might as well get what you want for that much money no matter if its $400 or $600. its all about if you have the money to spare or not

StupidBikerBoy
01-22-2007, 02:14 PM
im sure the already 10 million 360 owners as opposed to the now 1 million ps3 owners will not have a problem with putting out 200$ to watch HD-DVD if they want it bad enough as opposed to buying a whole new system or a stand alone player for that.

and theres no point to buy either of them for this purpose anyways at this point.

THERES NO DAMN MOVIE SELECTIONS WHAT SO EVER!

all we can do is wait, so lets just call it even and you give me rep points for a good debate haha :goodjob:... i have to spread some love before i can give it back to you or else i would

Very true, I was looking at it more as a new buyer market situation. And yes it was a good debate, I meant it no other way and I appologize if it sounded that way. I have been misinterpreted many times and I'm sure its due to how I word my arguements.:goodjob:

StupidBikerBoy
01-22-2007, 02:20 PM
idk how u guys are saying the PS3 is a better deal. I paid 400 bucks for my 360 and that was it.. I got all I need. plus 50 for live.. so $450.. u DONT have to have the HD-played if u dont want.. I could careless right now if I had it.. yea I got a 1080 TV but it just not worth the extra money to me right now so I dont see it as a better deal for me.

Its a better deal if you are after the whole package. You have $450 in your 360, and for $500 you could've had PS3 with a lot more included.

If you are just after the gaming part and don't care for bluetooth etc., then you got the better deal.

Ran
01-22-2007, 02:22 PM
360 > PS3 just bc Halo3That's a pretty general statement considering the game hasn't come out yet. Also taking into consideration how much a let-down Halo 2 was when compared to the original. In my opinion anyway. It's kind of like saying "PS3 > XBOX360 because of Gran Turismo". Each system will have their fanboys.

I personally look forward to seeing what both systems will have to offer as time goes by and developers start really using the machines to their true abilities.

Killer
01-22-2007, 02:29 PM
I finally got a PS3..... Just looking for some suggestions.

i'm sorry.. and

throw it away..

ARH1192
01-22-2007, 02:52 PM
That's a pretty general statement considering the game hasn't come out yet. Also taking into consideration how much a let-down Halo 2 was when compared to the original. In my opinion anyway. It's kind of like saying "PS3 > XBOX360 because of Gran Turismo". Each system will have their fanboys.

I personally look forward to seeing what both systems will have to offer as time goes by and developers start really using the machines to their true abilities.

Halo2 was HUGE and is still pretty big. still the number one xbox game played on live.. now the 360 has more played games now but halo2 is how old now? and its still pretty strong.. the halo3 beta comes out soon and it will be number 1 played.. then w/e h3 is released it will contiune to be the number one game played.

Ran
01-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Halo2 was HUGE and is still pretty big. still the number one xbox game played on live.. now the 360 has more played games now but halo2 is how old now? and its still pretty strong.. the halo3 beta comes out soon and it will be number 1 played.. then w/e h3 is released it will contiune to be the number one game played.Halo 2 lives strong because of the foundation that the original Halo gave it. The original Halo was fresh and an excellent game. This spawned a huge number of fanboys who anxiously awaited their over-glorified Halo 2. If you like the game, then more power to you. I personally thought that Halo 2 was overhyped and didn't deliver anywhere close to what it was proclaimed to. Hopefully Halo 3 will do better.

Also, I thought Gears of War managed to surpass Halo 2 on XBOXLive when speaking in terms of current players. Maybe not... :thinking:

ARH1192
01-22-2007, 03:03 PM
GOW is the number 1 played over all right now
HALO2 is the number "xbox" game right now.

I agree, halo 1 had some things about it that made it better.. but halo 2 is still a good game.. some like it more some like it less but still a good game..

Ran
01-22-2007, 03:26 PM
GOW is the number 1 played over all right now
HALO2 is the number "xbox" game right now.Thanks for clarifying. :goodjob:

I agree, halo 1 had some things about it that made it better.. but halo 2 is still a good game.. some like it more some like it less but still a good game..True, and I never said Halo 2 wasn't a good game. I just didn't think it was as good as the first.

Reps for not getting butthurt in a discussion. :cheers:

I'm done pirating this thread. Later.

Lucky DAWG
01-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Xbox live is 50 a year. I dont mind paying it.. it keeps some of the cheaters out. once u get banned u gotta make a new GT so thats another 50. Now they could, I guess, do a IP ban but they are making some money by not. and I doubt the PS3 will be IP banning any cheaters..

so as I see it.. xbox live is better just bc it will have less cheaters. I know both systems are new and thet isnt much modding going on yet.. but there will be.

360 > PS3 just bc Halo3

also, IF blue-ray does when.. Im sure u'll be able to buy a external player for the 360.. which means for those waiting, u wont waste any money.

1. there is no way in HELL there is going to be an external Add on for blu-ray on xbox 360 :lmfao:

2. gran turismo is not going to be coming out on ps3, they were gonna sell the game for 20$ and make u pay for each track and each car u wanted

ps3 is thinking about taking that direction with their other games too in the future.

ps3 is a powerful system but whats the rush to buy it now, be patient and wait it out then decide if you wanna go spend that kinda money... pointless to buy it now

sleepys4
01-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Fall of man is a good game.

1000cckiller
01-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Fall of man is sick. My ps3 name is stikiller so if anyone be on there, put me on yo buddy list.

StupidBikerBoy
01-23-2007, 06:15 PM
2. gran turismo is not going to be coming out on ps3, they were gonna sell the game for 20$ and make u pay for each track and each car u wanted

Wait a minute, now where did you get that BS? Remember what you told me, facts.

GT5 is being released with all of the tracks GT4 had plus more. It will also have over 700 cars in it which is way more than the previous ones. There will be an option to buy a package online that includes over 4000 more "add-ons" which will include even more cars and tracks, among other things.

Hell, they just released GT HD as a FREE game on the PSN. Its a small game, but it was intended to be taste of whats coming. And its amazing.

Lucky DAWG
01-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Wait a minute, now where did you get that BS? Remember what you told me, facts.

GT5 is being released with all of the tracks GT4 had plus more. It will also have over 700 cars in it which is way more than the previous ones. There will be an option to buy a package online that includes over 4000 more "add-ons" which will include even more cars and tracks, among other things.

Hell, they just released GT HD as a FREE game on the PSN. Its a small game, but it was intended to be taste of whats coming. And its amazing.

go to gamespot.com

C A N C E L L E D in japan

they had an entire press release for it, i know its on PSN network bc they just released it as a free game bc they had already developed that and put it on there rather then scrapping what little they had. Gran Turismo HD was supposed to be a full game.

it was supposed to come out around april, or Q2 to be vague. but its cancelled, so no Gran Turismo HD is not coming out.

We will see a Gran Turismo 5 but its gonna be a lot later then expected, the original project Gran Turismo HD is cancelled, thats what i was getting at. Gran Turismo 5 will be coming out but its gonna take a long ass time to come and their will be 2 different versions the classic and premium mode, where in the premium it suposedly took 6 months to design each car and you get like 2 tracks and 30 cars. the classic has lesser time and graphical power put into it but has 750 cars or so and 50 tracks which is mostly old content.

in short Playstation is F*n up with its release dates and needs to get on the ball

bdydrpdmazda
01-23-2007, 08:42 PM
I havent explored the PSN yet, I didnt even know you could get Gran Turismo HD on there for free, I guess tonight Im gonna be getting on there and seeing whats up. I like my PS3 just like I said in a previous post and I bet everyone talking smack about the PS3 have either not played it or is all butt hurt because they cant afford it. It is nothing compared to the 360 right now but it is only a matter of time before it takes off. Right now the people at PS are making some stupid decisions but they are gonna come around. PS1 was huge and the PS2 was huge. They dominated the gaming world so they might not be on top this time but they are not gonna bomb.

Lucky DAWG
01-23-2007, 09:15 PM
I havent explored the PSN yet, I didnt even know you could get Gran Turismo HD on there for free, I guess tonight Im gonna be getting on there and seeing whats up. I like my PS3 just like I said in a previous post and I bet everyone talking smack about the PS3 have either not played it or is all butt hurt because they cant afford it. It is nothing compared to the 360 right now but it is only a matter of time before it takes off. Right now the people at PS are making some stupid decisions but they are gonna come around. PS1 was huge and the PS2 was huge. They dominated the gaming world so they might not be on top this time but they are not gonna bomb.

xbox i'd say was more popular atleast in my area, i dont know the numbers to speak on a grand scale

but i agree with you, i like ps3 a lot more. I just hope everyone else realizes this and gets one, problem is they already dropped 400$ on a system just last year...

Most of all i want nintendo to suceed, but if my financial situation was straight i would prob buy a ps3 as well, i just dont have the spare change to be doin that when i want to do stuff to my car and party now.

good choice on a system though and enjoy it, sony just needs to work out some internal issues with the company :cheers:

as you can see, when i go off to college ill be buying a mac book, no damn microsoft installed dell lol

Nismo
01-24-2007, 01:30 AM
Shoulda gotta Wii!

hybrid90accord
01-24-2007, 11:16 AM
I though everyone knew that grand turismo hd was only a demo , we wont see gran turismo 5 until 08, and from what i hear the graphics on Hd are gonna be shit compaired to the GT5 final product

bdydrpdmazda
01-25-2007, 03:42 AM
Shoulda gotta Wii!
Im gonna get one of those too when I find one.

allmotoronly
01-30-2007, 11:15 AM
i say get call of duty 3. the online play is rediculous. I have resistance also, but I like call of duty 3 much better for online.

B16a2 Civic
01-30-2007, 11:17 AM
i beat Resistance already, heard goin back thru more stuff open, i dont know tho

Lucky DAWG
01-30-2007, 05:03 PM
beat it on hard and you unlock some superhard mode.
doing certain things will unlock art and stuff like that or multiplayer skins

i beat the game on hard before i sold it, it was a pretty fun game.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/

go there if you wanna know what you have to do to unlock shit

bdydrpdmazda
01-30-2007, 06:23 PM
A friend of mine told me that COD3 was the shit online too but I cant pull myself away from Resistance.

Lucky DAWG
01-30-2007, 09:04 PM
COD3 sucks
its not different from 2 at all, don't buy it

bdydrpdmazda
01-30-2007, 10:55 PM
COD3 sucks
I have it for the 360 but I dont have xbox live so I havent played it online. I enjoy it on my 360 as far as gameplay goes.

allmotoronly
01-31-2007, 05:42 PM
COD3 sucks

man its way different as far as the online play goes....

bdydrpdmazda
02-01-2007, 03:01 AM
I finally got on the PSN and downloaded GT HD and its fucking horrible. They give you all these crappy cars and one track to drive them on. It only has 10 cars total. It wasnt worth the 2 hours it took to download but Im still pumped for the full GT5 to come out.

StupidBikerBoy
02-01-2007, 10:33 PM
I finally got on the PSN and downloaded GT HD and its fucking horrible. They give you all these crappy cars and one track to drive them on. It only has 10 cars total. It wasnt worth the 2 hours it took to download but Im still pumped for the full GT5 to come out.

Yeah it was a small game. Beat those tracks and you open up more cars. Well, the same cars but modified.

I bought fight night 3 the other day. Its pretty cool, but not up to standard on the PS3.

StupidBikerBoy
02-01-2007, 10:36 PM
it was supposed to come out around april, or Q2 to be vague. but its cancelled, so no Gran Turismo HD is not coming out.

Yeah, I thought that was a given. I was speaking about GT5.

Im glad they did that. I would much rather buy 1 game than 2.

bdydrpdmazda
02-02-2007, 10:43 PM
man its way different as far as the online play goes....
Im on XBOX live now and I played 2 and 3 online and they are like night and day, 2 has the deathmatch (my favorite) and three only has team battles. I think 2 is better online but 3 is still a solid FPS.