PDA

View Full Version : Misc car insurance

ksinao
01-16-2007, 06:45 PM
what the fuck. i've been getting quotes for various cars online and it is fucking killer. i will be paying more on insurance than the car itself. i really want a SE-R Spec V and since it is a nissan sentra i didn't think insurance would be a problem, but it is ridiculous. What kind of cars make for decent insurance? i know civics do, but it is going to be very hard to get a civic because the blue book value is so low and it will be impossible to get a car loan.

redgst97
01-17-2007, 01:06 AM
Turn 25 and get married. That helped me...a few years back.

Also, if you have multiple cars, you sometimes get discounts.

(just messing with ya)

My first car had a $219 a month payment, and a $290 a month insurance bill.

Of course, that was a few years ago...

JennB
01-17-2007, 09:15 AM
How old are you and what all is on your driving record?

Insurance on a Civic isn't really that great. I know, I owned one. Safer cars will have lower insurance costs. A few years ago I got quotes on a bunch of new cars and the Civic was one of the highest.... $100's more than my MINI. Also, Civic's have a decently high resale value, they should be easy to get a loan on as long as you don't pay too much for one.

Midsize cars make for lower insurance costs.

Not sure what you guys are doing to get such high rates though, my insurance has never been anywhere near my car payment and my driving record has not always been very pretty. I know there is a difference between costs for male and females but I didn't realize it was that much.