PDA

View Full Version : There is no feeling like

tony
01-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Making your first sell through your own business! It actually came last week but I've been working so hard that I havent had a great deal of time for IA. After about a year of putting things together my business finally opened last week and I actually sold two items but when that first one came in.. pure excitement. I think it assured me that I made the right decision to sell my G35 and start this business. Anyway, didnt have many people to tell so I figured I'd post it up. :goodjob:

SampaGuy
01-16-2007, 06:24 PM
is it the alaska seafood thing in ur sig? anyways congrats and good luck

quickdodgeŽ
01-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Nope. He's selling personal blogs. Later, QD.

tony
01-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Nope. He's selling personal blogs. Later, QD.

lol Yeah its the Seafood thing

ironchef
01-16-2007, 07:07 PM
So tony how does the logistics side work for you? Did you get a warehouse too? Cause I read in the about us section how you buy in large quantities, and im sure you don't put those in a fridge in your garage lol.

Julio
01-16-2007, 07:28 PM
sweet man...congrats!

tony
01-16-2007, 08:08 PM
So tony how does the logistics side work for you? Did you get a warehouse too? Cause I read in the about us section how you buy in large quantities, and im sure you don't put those in a fridge in your garage lol.

lol Large is relative, if I had a warehouse full of product it would end up going bad because I do not sell that kind of volume just yet. I had to find a happy medium because if I do not buy in large quantities then obviously I couldn't get the price I pay and could not turn a profit.

I did change my house around to accomodate everything and for now its sufficient. Once it gets to the point where I need to move to a larger office I'll be ready to quit my day job by then and move to a real warehouse.

I appreciate all of the kind words though, it means a lot.

quickdodgeŽ
01-16-2007, 09:26 PM
You know I'm fucking with ya, homey. Congrats on the sale and hope for many more. Later, QD.

tony
01-16-2007, 09:28 PM
You know I'm fucking with ya, homey. Congrats on the sale and hope for many more. Later, QD.

oh no offense taken, its all good +1

Stormhammer
01-18-2007, 12:12 AM
so is that your site? or do I contact you for some of this or what?

chrisdavis
01-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Congrats.

Big Baller
01-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Thats good stuff man, owning youre own business can definetly be trying at times, but it will pay off if you work hard. Good luck with the business.

Matt

hemi
01-18-2007, 08:20 AM
Best of luck man... I agree that there is nothing like watching something that you start take off...

+1...

tony
01-18-2007, 04:26 PM
so is that your site? or do I contact you for some of this or what?

It is my site, once things get going I'm going to incorporate discounts but I'm still trying to get the word out so if you're interested in something on the site shoot me a pm and I can possibly work something out.

green91
01-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Your site looks good, the hard part is getting the word out and building a reputation.. but it definately looks like your on the right track! good luck

tony
01-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Your site looks good, the hard part is getting the word out and building a reputation.. but it definately looks like your on the right track! good luck

wow I appreciate all of the kind words, since I'm just starting out there isn't a great deal I can offer but if anyone wants any help and/or advice on starting their own business (especially web based) always feel free to contact me on aim @ tio tonio.. at the least I will try and shoot you in the right direction.

b.a.d. s2000
01-18-2007, 09:09 PM
i don't know you, but congrats on the new business. it's always scary to open your first one, but i am sure you'll do fine. I am in the same boat, trying to get my business open, a lot of stress and a lot of work but it'll be all worth it. Congrats again.

PSINXS
01-19-2007, 12:24 PM
i will be purchasing king crab from you soon. excellent price for 5 punds.