PDA

View Full Version : hit a curb

babyblueS2K
01-16-2007, 11:23 AM
i did a 360 ( on accident the roads were wet in my s2000) in the middle of east-west connecter and the median kinda stopped me. i only have a dent in my rear rim but my steering is off. my steering wheel is turned alittle left when im goin straight. did i frig somethin up major or did i just nock my alinement out?

devin
01-16-2007, 11:44 AM
get a alignment done, and just have whoever is doing it, check for any damage, but probably just your alignment is out.

Sushi
01-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Your Alignment is out. You could possibly have a bent subframe.

KevinT707
01-16-2007, 05:33 PM
It really depends how hard you hit the curb but I do know that S2's suspension is really fragile so slight collisions with the curb and that could mean wheel hub etc +

You'd have to hit the curb kind of hard to bend the subframe but it is possible in the S2's, oh I know .. :(

How fast were you going when it hit the curb Scott & which wheel exactly?

BigPoppaHurtm
01-17-2007, 01:48 AM
i did a 360 ( on accident the roads were wet in my s2000) in the middle of east-west connecter and the median kinda stopped me. i only have a dent in my rear rim but my steering is off. my steering wheel is turned alittle left when im goin straight. did i frig somethin up major or did i just nock my alinement out?

Just got my car back from the shop for the SAME FUCKING THING!!!!!!!111

WHats with all these s2ks and the shitty weather :tongue1:

Its not an alignment issue if your steering wheel is waaay off. I'd say my steering wheel was about 1/4 of a turn to the right and they had to replace a shit load of stuff including strut, hub, and axle. Take it to Alan Cox they did the work on my car and its handling better than before the accident. 770 427 1745.

Oh and it ended up being a insurance claim for me cause it was such an assload of crap to replace.

sprix!
01-17-2007, 08:34 AM
It really depends how hard you hit the curb but I do know that S2's suspension is really fragile so slight collisions with the curb and that could mean wheel hub etc +

You'd have to hit the curb kind of hard to bend the subframe but it is possible in the S2's, oh I know .. :(

How fast were you going when it hit the curb Scott & which wheel exactly?
I don't think the S2000 suspension is that fragile- anyone should be concerned after having a collision with a curb. Like others said- go get it checked out at a reputable shop. I would bet money that something is damaged, unfortunately.

babyblueS2K
01-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Thanks yall i hit the curb at like 5 mph i was doin a u turn and pop the clutch a little to hard. im gettin a set of enkies out of it tho haha

babyblueS2K
01-22-2007, 11:41 AM
UPDATE: all i did was mess up the alignment really really bad and bent the rear camber bar. it will be fixed this weekend and all it cost me is about 80 bucks cause my boy Anthony!!! well except for the 1800 dollars i spent on wheels and tires lol