PDA

View Full Version : Misc Need Job Help...

Lucky DAWG
01-15-2007, 11:21 PM
okay this is a tricky thread to answer and i realize this, but plz give me what advice you can.

i know a decent amount about cars but not a lot about actually how to work stuff under the hood or how to install things.

i'm very into upgrading my car and i want to know where a 17 yr old male (18 in may if there is age requirement) could get a job at where i could get discounts on ordering all types of body kits, lights, suspension, and engine upgrades

i'll do dirty work if it can get me a good enough discount

i want to be able to learn how to do stuff while i work there so i can hopefully stick with it as a career until i'm through with college and have my degree in what i really want to do.

cars is just something i'm really interested in so i would like to work in the field for a bit and get good discounts while im there.

if anyone knows of a store/shop i can call that might be looking for help or something like that, the please let me know

ksinao
01-15-2007, 11:23 PM
if you want a job just for discounts your probably not going to get a job.

2.0civic
01-15-2007, 11:25 PM
advance? autozone? napa?

maybe try being a porter somewhere like honda?

Lucky DAWG
01-15-2007, 11:36 PM
advance? autozone? napa?

maybe try being a porter somewhere like honda?

yea i worked at the toyota dealership on barrett parkway 2 summers ago when i was 16

filled in for my friend who went on a long vacation, his dad owns the place.

it wasn't bad by any means, i got 10 bucks an hour, i don't know if i would get any deals though would i???

and i'm not looking for only discounts, its a perk for a field that im interested in working part time to help pay my way through college

gtikid
01-16-2007, 12:15 AM
I think 2 Fast 2 Furious is hiring :thinking:

Lucky DAWG
01-16-2007, 03:14 PM
I think 2 Fast 2 Furious is hiring :thinking:

if ur gonna try and burn me for being a poser or a ricer or something by saying that

atleast give some evidence as to why considering nothing i said gave that inclination... make better insults instead of generic ones :blah:

lsxtreme
01-17-2007, 08:28 PM
i would say try working for any kind of place forget the discount deals. .. the way i see it in discount is .. (yeah you save few buks or more) but in life your still spending it as much anyways.. so why not try out some garages/shops .like goodyear tires/autozone/advance/napa/o"rielly/NOPI..??? this would get you into something and next time yoru looking for a job you would have these kind of work back ground to improve your chances in other sources.. i dont know if i help or not but just my thought..

Lucky DAWG
01-17-2007, 08:30 PM
i would say try working for any kind of place forget the discount deals. .. the way i see it in discount is .. (yeah you save few buks or more) but in life your still spending it as much anyways.. so why not try out some garages/shops .like goodyear tires/autozone/advance/napa/o"rielly/NOPI..??? this would get you into something and next time yoru looking for a job you would have these kind of work back ground to improve your chances in other sources.. i dont know if i help or not but just my thought..

good idea, i'm goin hunting saturday morning

my friend's dad though has an insurance company and my friend decided he didn't wanna work their anymore, they are family friends and my mom told me they would pay me like 12 or 14 bucks an hour to file for them and random crap.

its tempting, that would give me so much money to put towards my car but would be boring as fuck

what would you guys do?

gtikid
01-17-2007, 11:21 PM
If you get a job paying $12-$14 an hour you won't need "discounts" and "hookups"...

Lucky DAWG
01-17-2007, 11:25 PM
thats what im thinkin...

i already got a few hookups here and there, i love meeting new people at a work place though and it makes time pass faster

but hey a job is a job and at age 17 makin 14$ u cant complain... i think im gonna go with it and stick it out till atleast summer and maybe fall

during the summer i think ill work at a military supplier with some friends, bulkin and gettin a tan liftin shit :-P... thanks for advice though for whoever cares ill post what i do lol :blah:

Sushi
01-17-2007, 11:43 PM
If you pass up that job ill take it. How many hours a week?