PDA

View Full Version : Misc ....Navy?....

Mangrum
01-15-2007, 08:16 PM
I am wondering if anyone on here is currently in the Navy or has been in the Navy? I want to know how the expieriance was and if it truely is benneficial?

thanks in advance -michael

acura_dude
01-15-2007, 08:17 PM
my brother is enlisted and stationed up in VA...he absoultely hates it...he is in debt soo bad...just thought i would let you know...

quickdodgeŽ
01-15-2007, 08:23 PM
The Navy is fine. If your address includes the location of Midtown and you particularly like the weekend of June 23rd and enjoy spending lots of time alone with other men in very close quarters for months at a time. Later, QD.

Mangrum
01-15-2007, 08:27 PM
look quickdodge i respect you on here but i dont apprciate you relating people that serve for "you" as gay!!

gtikid
01-15-2007, 08:29 PM
my brother is enlisted and stationed up in VA...he absoultely hates it...he is in debt soo bad...just thought i would let you know...

Your brothers a dumbass. How the fuck do you get in debt when you go out to sea 6 months out of the year and your on a boat for more than %90 of the time which means you have NOWHERE to spend your money? :slap:

My brother was in it, but i'll let him share his own experience and ideas from it....

quickdodgeŽ
01-15-2007, 08:33 PM
look quickdodge i respect you on here but i dont apprciate you relating people that serve for "you" as gay!!

You don't have to respect me or anything. You can't take a joke, then that's on you. Not me. I don't give a fuck. I was in the Navy. I was also in the Guard. I can talk shit because the people that do serve for "me" help keep that right for me. Later, QD.

ahmonrah
01-15-2007, 08:36 PM
look quickdodge i respect you on here but i dont apprciate you relating people that serve for "you" as gay!!stfu man.

he's earned the right to talk about it. 'cause like myself, he lived it.
but personally imho i was better off going with my first thought, and that was college. was an avionics tech in the navy. i'm now getting my degree in electronics engineering YEARS after leaving.

Mangrum
01-15-2007, 08:38 PM
my bad quickdodge.. i didnt know that.. i thought you were trying to make a smartass statement..but i would like to talk to you about that navy? PM me

ahmonrah
01-15-2007, 08:40 PM
talk here.
what reason do you want to go ??
is it for the "education" or the "free travel" or "pussy in far away places" ??

Evil Goat
01-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Your brothers a dumbass. How the fuck do you get in debt when you go out to sea 6 months out of the year and your on a boat for more than %90 of the time which means you have NOWHERE to spend your money? :slap:

My brother was in it, but i'll let him share his own experience and ideas from it....

thats certainly not true, my cousin enlisted for 6 years in 2002 and has been stationed in pensacola and now in san diego and is leaving on the 20th for his first and only tour of duty for this enlistment, if he chooses to reenlist then im sure hed have to go again, may have something to do w/ his chosen jobs which i dont know much about, i know he has a primary job but is also a rescue swimmer as well....the 'service' isnt for everyone it just comes down to what you want vs what youre willing to give up, but dont let it be something you regret, i was sickingly close to going into the marines out of highschool and backed off to go to college first, i still have that small regret in my stomach that i didnt go....now i simply feel like i have too much to lose by going, which is selfish, but im sure im not the only one that feels that way

quickdodgeŽ
01-15-2007, 08:53 PM
my bad quickdodge.. i didnt know that.. i thought you were trying to make a smartass statement..but i would like to talk to you about that navy? PM me

It's all good, homey. I didn't actually make it. I went to MEPS in downtown for the physical and failed because of my hearing. But I did try. Then, a couple of years later, I went to try for the Coast Guard. I cheated the test and made it, but didn't think about the physical when I got to boot camp. I failed that one and they red-tagged me and sent me home. This was waaay back in 1989. But, yea, I was just fucking around. My grandfather, who raised me, piloted a boat that carried troops from ship to shore. He was at Normandy for D-Day.

Later, QD.

ahmonrah
01-15-2007, 08:56 PM
i have my reasons for going. and go i did. i had my reasons for leaving, i did that too. honeslty i feel/felt then was, if your going or the education, keep your civilian status and go to college.

if your going for HONOR,COURAGE,COMMITMENT----------:lmfao: GOOD LUCK WITH THAT! crackheads,thieves and thugs go to the military too....you just call them SHIPMATE!!

now if your going navy and wanna be on some real tight shit, u know, kill people, go navy, but go SPECWAR: navy seal/eod. i only made 3 months with them, but i learned drownproofing and only the tip of the iceberg as to how far u can push the human body. imagine doing a 19 mile beachrun in shorts/boots, finishing the run and resting for 5min and the amazement of realizing your not panting for breath anymore.

Mangrum
01-15-2007, 09:04 PM
dam.. lol.. and ahmonrah.. i want to go mainly for the education because i hear they will set you up pretty nice and plus give you "many bennifits" but i am thinking about going to school first then doing 4 years active duty.. get some money saved away and get a free education.. plus yea the travel and far away pussy would be nice lol..

Blitanicle99
01-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Navy pays for 100 percent tutition. I almost signed papers back in september but backed off when two of my buddies got royalled fucked over by a certain recuirter at the Kennesaw station and got away with it. You may know him no names but his usual saying is "thas was up". Ring any bells?

quickdodgeŽ
01-15-2007, 10:02 PM
You may know him no names but his usual saying is "thas was up". Ring any bells?

That pretty much descibed about 98% of the black population. Later, QD.

Lucky DAWG
01-15-2007, 11:28 PM
dam.. lol.. and ahmonrah.. i want to go mainly for the education because i hear they will set you up pretty nice and plus give you "many bennifits" but i am thinking about going to school first then doing 4 years active duty.. get some money saved away and get a free education.. plus yea the travel and far away pussy would be nice lol..

thats wut im thinking about doing.

would it be hard to go into your field of choice though that you get ur degree in after you serve in the military for 4 years???

i dunno but not only have u not worked in that career for 4 years, but also i imagine not going straight into work in that field would likely have you forget most of what you learned back in college. is that true???

p.s. be a marine! :goodjob:

acura_dude
01-16-2007, 08:54 AM

i dont know you and im not tryin to start shit but please dont disrespect my bro like that man. but i agree he is a dumbass he bought 3 cars a 2001 dodge durango a 2001 firebird convertible and a 2006 toyota tundra...

Ran
01-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Navy is a good option. If I were to advise you into a branch of the military, I'd say Air Force or Navy. Faster promotions rates and they take better care of their people. This coming from a former Army guy. :goodjob: