PDA

View Full Version : Blown head gasket?

bboystyles
01-15-2007, 04:46 PM
I just got one problem fix on my car but now it seems like theres another one..."00 civic si" when i turnt on the car today it seems like there was a little bit of white smoke coming out from my tailpipe but tats only after i let go of the acceleration... i also notice that either steam/smoke was also coming from the radiator could it be a leak? man tats wat im hoping cuz replacing a head gasket will be...:cry:yeh lol..if any1 can help me or know who/where i can check my compression it would really be appreciated. thanks

torqlswonder
01-15-2007, 04:50 PM
you can do a compression test on your own its not that hard you can do it in 25 mins tops but i doubt that would be your head gasket becuase you would no if it was your head gasket you would b smoking a whole lot more trust me you would know.:D

bboystyles
01-15-2007, 04:54 PM
lol if tats the case then man i feel alot better...but still just to be on the safe side, how can i do the test by myself and what would i need...

torqlswonder
01-15-2007, 04:56 PM
ill tell you what where you located at?

latoilette
01-15-2007, 05:32 PM
go to autozone, get a compression kit. hoses and gauge, and fitting for your spark plug hole. cost like 50 bucks.

bboystyles
01-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Appreciate it latoilette...

"slower_than_you" lol no offense man but if i tell u where im located then my civic will just end up like ur teg:goodjob:lol jk

torqlswonder
01-15-2007, 11:48 PM
i was just wondering because i was going to see if you wanted me too do it or show you how i have the tools no need to go buy them. but take it how you wanted lmk if you still need my help.

2.0civic
01-15-2007, 11:51 PM
i dont know about the smoke thing but you may have a cracked resevoir or bad radiator cap...try the obvious things first

Sil-8ty
01-16-2007, 12:43 AM
does it overheat sometimes?

TheGodfather
01-16-2007, 12:51 AM
Check coolant levels. If there is no overheating, that is a good thing. The biggest warning sign is overheating. And what others said, do a compression test. That will help. Def. keep an eye on the temperature gauge.

SLow_POke
01-16-2007, 12:24 PM
I just got one problem fix on my car but now it seems like theres another one..."00 civic si" when i turnt on the car today it seems like there was a little bit of white smoke coming out from my tailpipe but tats only after i let go of the acceleration... i also notice that either steam/smoke was also coming from the radiator could it be a leak? man tats wat im hoping cuz replacing a head gasket will be...:cry:yeh lol..if any1 can help me or know who/where i can check my compression it would really be appreciated. thanks

what other problem did you have that you fixed? does it over heat/ run hot ?. does it always smoke at idle when hot and cold?

bboystyles
01-16-2007, 05:39 PM
+1 for all the advice...I checked and there wasn't any leak in the radiator or reservoir but it could be a faulty radiator cap but as for the white smoke from the exhaust i still cant find the prob...its constant but not tat noticeable. temp is fine it doesn't overheat. lol and "Slower_than_you" i was just kidding with you man, no hate.. if you're able to give me a hand just hit me up man.. thanks everyone

TheGodfather
01-16-2007, 07:25 PM
No overheating is a very good sign. The light white smoke could even be some carbon build up in the muffler. When I first got mine I had some white smoke, not too noticeable, then it went away. I would also reccomend changing the oil and spark plugs if you haven't in a while, just to elimnate any possible issues.