PDA

View Full Version : Aisan ppl+food.. WTF?!?!

HEATON
01-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Okay, not bein rude or mean or anything, but seriously.. HOLY SHIT..
I went to this "underground" (place under a bridge, jus big tents lined up one after another..)food market today, sick and crazy as hell. Fish jus laying out, meat hanging from the ceiling. Chicken jus chillen.. no wrappers, no nothin.. and please tell me, what the hell they use dried fish for? Like whole fish with teeth and scales on them..
If I can stomach going again, ill take a vid or somethin, until an old Korean lady hits me for doing so..haha

Hulud
01-15-2007, 11:36 AM
what the hell they use dried fish for? Like whole fish with teeth and scales on them..
that i dunno, but i have seen that at jewish markets as well

HEATON
01-15-2007, 11:40 AM
But I did see one area that kinda was delightful, they had like 8/10 different type of Kimchee. Good stuff, jus stinks like ASS.

Ran
01-15-2007, 11:41 AM
I went to this "underground" (place under a bridge, jus big tents lined up one after another..)food market today, sick and crazy as hell. Fish jus laying out, meat hanging from the ceiling. Chicken jus chillen.. no wrappers, no nothin.. and please tell me, what the hell they use dried fish for? Like whole fish with teeth and scales on them..
If I can stomach going again, ill take a vid or somethin, until an old Korean lady hits me for doing so..hahaMost Korean markets are like that. Hell, most open street markets in other countries are like that. You see chickens, fish, ribs, everything just hanging open for you to see. What's the big deal? Hopefully you wash the meat before you cook it and if not, cooking the meat itself will kill anything that may be on there.

Dried fish are for eating. You'll see in most restaurants there that if you order a fresh plate with fish on it, that the fish is taken and killed right there, then served to you upon being cooked to your order. Usually the fish is still blinking and what-not while it's in front of you.

You'll get used to it. Not every country pumps their livestock full of hormones then shrink wraps them like the US. :goodjob:

HEATON
01-15-2007, 11:45 AM
The fresh fish killed thing is no big deal. I had some really good crab that way here.. But sitting out, in conditions like that... Dayum no wonder Bird flu and shit exist. You see ppl wearin mask all the time here, and they wonder why?

Im not saying they should pump their food and vegies with chemicals, but atleast cover that shit.

Ran
01-15-2007, 12:08 PM
LOL ASIAN SNOWCONE

http://www.ka.net/nlh/funnel.gif

kittychick
01-15-2007, 12:12 PM
I love open markets like this- you can't hide fungus growing on food if everyone can see it; 360!

There's nothing better than the fresh food that comes from markets like this.

HEATON
01-15-2007, 12:16 PM
I love open markets like this- you can't hide fungus growing on food if everyone can see it; 360!

There's nothing better than the fresh food that comes from markets like this.

Im not talkin about a nice outdoor you get to see what you buy type a market.. There weren't trying to hide the fungus.. haha. Guess you didn't get the point where I said about laying out.. Shit wasn't fresh.

HEATON
01-15-2007, 12:19 PM
LOL ASIAN SNOWCONE

http://www.ka.net/nlh/funnel.gif

Haha, that reminds me, I haven't seen a dog since I been here?? Hmm Well not until today on the way to the market an old lady in front of us walkin had a lil poodle/chiuchaua (sp?..w/e) mix lookin thing, it had a lil sweater on..lol I was thinkin, keepin it warm till ya cook it ehh?

thinkfast®
01-15-2007, 12:21 PM
GO GET EM RAN, THEY GANGIN UP ON YOU

http://shadowdane.shackspace.com/cats_files/Treachery.jpg

no control
01-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Not every country pumps their livestock full of hormones then shrink wraps them like the US. :goodjob:

nice. i'd rep, but i don't have enough myself yet...still need about 15-20

HEATON
01-15-2007, 12:25 PM
GO GET EM RAN, THEY GANGIN UP ON YOU

http://shadowdane.shackspace.com/cats_files/Treachery.jpg

Haha, So which gang does which belong too? West/East.. Blood/Crip? W/e it is, they sure look like they be hate'n each other..lol Sorry.. it 0325.. I need sleep.

thinkfast®
01-15-2007, 12:27 PM
I dunno but that grey one is mean muggin he look like he bout to chin check that other cat, hell naw

kittychick
01-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Im not talkin about a nice outdoor you get to see what you buy type a market.. There weren't trying to hide the fungus.. haha. Guess you didn't get the point where I said about laying out.. Shit wasn't fresh.well that is different

I've been to several 'nice' open markets (fresh food) I love shopping at these markets

and LOL- even bought my dog at a market- he's been with me for almost 4 years now

HEATON
01-15-2007, 12:31 PM
well that is different

I've been to several 'nice' open markets (fresh food) I love shopping at these markets

Eva been to one out of the US? Haha..

Think.. Naw man, he jus watchin his back.. He gott do, what he gott do.. Black cat jus stressin him too hard.

kittychick
01-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Eva been to one out of the US? Haha..
actually I have- the market I bought my dog in was in HUNGARY :goodjob:

The Ninja
01-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Most Korean markets are like that. Hell, most open street markets in other countries are like that. You see chickens, fish, ribs, everything just hanging open for you to see. What's the big deal? Hopefully you wash the meat before you cook it and if not, cooking the meat itself will kill anything that may be on there.

Dried fish are for eating. You'll see in most restaurants there that if you order a fresh plate with fish on it, that the fish is taken and killed right there, then served to you upon being cooked to your order. Usually the fish is still blinking and what-not while it's in front of you.

You'll get used to it. Not every country pumps their livestock full of hormones then shrink wraps them like the US. :goodjob:

+1 for someone whos culturaly (sp?) aware. to the OP, get out some more. Your not being rude, just showing us how ignorant you are. :yes:

Fast Shadow
01-15-2007, 12:34 PM
If I can stomach going again, ill take a vid or somethin, until an old Korean lady hits me for doing so..haha

Here's the thing.. that stuff is probably 10 times better for you than the stuff you but at Publix because it's natural. The animals weren't shot up with hormones and steroids and pesticides and all of the bullshit chemicals that you get w/ packaged meat..

Edit - Damn you, Ran, damn you.

HEATON
01-15-2007, 12:37 PM
HaHa.. WTF?! Ignorant.... Guess you jus have had to see it. So you all would eat food that sits out for say 8 hours at a time (atleast) in a dark, damp diseased infested area?

C22H19N3O4
01-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Obviously IQ is not a factor in the recruitment process.

The Ninja
01-15-2007, 12:39 PM
^^ lol

thinkfast®
01-15-2007, 12:40 PM
where the hell were you shopping man, it dont sound like you were safe, therefore it dont sound like a spot for caucasians

please explain

HEATON
01-15-2007, 12:44 PM
where the hell were you shopping man, it dont sound like you were safe, therefore it dont sound like a spot for caucasians

please explain

Haha.. I was thinkin the same thing. Fact was me and the other 2 with me were the only honkies there..lol It was a lil ways away from base, we stumpled across this area, with tents lined up side by side.. not well lit, jus the sun barely makin it way thru the canvas..

But since I am not culturaly aware, I am MORE then happy to box some of it up and send it to yall! ANy takers??

kittychick
01-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Haha.. I was thinkin the same thing. Fact was me and the other 2 with me were the only honkies there..lol It was a lil ways away from base, we stumpled across this area, with tents lined up side by side.. not well lit, jus the sun barely makin it way thru the canvas..

But since I am not culturaly aware, I am MORE then happy to box some of it up and send it to yall! ANy takers??

mmmm.... short ribs, peaking duck, was there any crab? hum...what eles :taun:

HEATON
01-15-2007, 12:49 PM
mmmm.... short ribs, peaking duck, was there any crab? hum...what eles :taun:

Naw nothing still alive. Chickens, Fish, Squid... I'll send it without any special packaging so you get the full affect. Jus becareful when you open the box for the stinch.

The Ninja
01-15-2007, 12:49 PM
I don't think they'll let you take food out the country. Thanks for the offer, but I'll stick to my farmer's markets, and Jamaican strips.

HEATON
01-15-2007, 12:51 PM
I don't think they'll let you take food out the country. Thanks for the offer, but I'll stick to my farmer's markets, and Jamaican strips.

Well of course they won't, bc of the good chance of that shit killing someone..

Wait now.. Not sounding a lil hypocritical are ya??

The Ninja
01-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Hypocritical? Naw, I shop at open-markets like that nearly every weekend. (ok recently more like 2-3 a month). The best food usually comes from markets like that.

HEATON
01-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Hahahahahaha D Ninja.. You seriously gave me a -1?

"not cool. Alot of markets are like that. Ever been to the Farmer's Market? Obviously not."

You are the one that is culturally unaware.. Farmer's market is WAY different. I'll pick something up off the ground and eat it at the farmer's market. In fact, if my memory is correct there is a big one around the mall in Macon near the seafood restuarant coming from the north side..

thinkfast®
01-15-2007, 12:57 PM
theres one off Jimmy Carter, and Buford Hwy has about 15 of em lol

kittychick
01-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Share some of your fav markets.

I don't have any favs here, but I know of some good ones outside GA.

CHADbee
01-15-2007, 12:58 PM
:ttiwwp:

HEATON
01-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Hypocritical? Naw, I shop at open-markets like that nearly every weekend. (ok recently more like 2-3 a month). The best food usually comes from markets like that.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

They don't have markets like this in the states. Not FDA, nor the CDC, nor the EPA would allow it.. So every argument/statement you have made, holds no truth.. Or as Jerry Gallow in My Cousin Vinny says.. Hold water?

HEATON
01-15-2007, 01:00 PM

Yeah I know, for some reason I didn't take my cam with me today..

quickdodge®
01-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Hahahahahaha D Ninja.. You seriously gave me a -1? .

Later, QD.

Fast Shadow
01-15-2007, 01:08 PM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

They don't have markets like this in the states. Not FDA, nor the CDC, nor the EPA would allow it.. So every argument/statement you have made, holds no truth.. Or as Jerry Gallow in My Cousin Vinny says.. Hold water?

I've seen markets like this in Cali and Seattle.

Fast Shadow
01-15-2007, 01:11 PM
HaHa.. WTF?! Ignorant.... Guess you jus have had to see it. So you all would eat food that sits out for say 8 hours at a time (atleast) in a dark, damp diseased infested area?

Yet those people eating that food aren't 500lb fatasses dropping dead of heart attacks, unlike most Americans. Ever think about that?

quickdodge®
01-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Yet those people eating that food aren't 500lb fatasses dropping dead of heart attacks, unlike most Americans. Ever think about that?

Probably cause they won't eat it. Later, QD.

HEATON
01-15-2007, 01:12 PM

Ok so I jus googled a few..
This kinda looks like the entrance where it is brighter area..
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5wvY0KtFbhUARSmjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12kdrefff/EXP=1168974424/**http%3A//kalaniosullivan.com/OsanAB/Pics/SongtanOpenMarket1994.jpg

I didn't see much red meat while I was there, but this atleast shows you what they use to cut it on..
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5qg80atFirgAGGWjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12kfn53s2/EXP=1168974524/**http%3A//kalaniosullivan.com/OsanAB/Pics/Songtan2001openmarket.jpg

Not sure if this is the same place or not.. I didn't see any gloves used here, and this picture is a lil brighter, but it shows how the fish are jus sittin out.. no ice or anything..
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5wuy0atFEQoA66ijzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12s2ja9vp/EXP=1168974642/**http%3A//kalaniosullivan.com/OsanAB/Pics/Songtan2002OpenMarkethUnknown.jpg

I'm sorry, but if you like eating this kind of stuff, maybe you should go get checked for worms or something.

The Ninja
01-15-2007, 01:12 PM
From what you described they just had meat "hanging" there. Umm... they have that at the farmer's market. And chicken just "chillen", they have that as well. Except just chillin inside of a cage ready to be killed if you want, or bought alive. They have "wrappers" yea, but more like Newspaper. And yes, I did give you a -1. Your bashing another community's place of business. I don't think its their fault if they don't shop are Publix or Kroger. Then again they aren't stupid and know that eatting dirty food will get you sick.

The Ninja
01-15-2007, 01:14 PM
And I'm pretty healthy myself. Been slackin on workin out because of an injured ankle, but otherwise I still watch what I put in my body.

HEATON
01-15-2007, 01:19 PM
From what you described they just had meat "hanging" there. Umm... they have that at the farmer's market. And chicken just "chillen", they have that as well. Except just chillin inside of a cage ready to be killed if you want, or bought alive. They have "wrappers" yea, but more like Newspaper. And yes, I did give you a -1. Your bashing another community's place of business. I don't think its their fault if they don't shop are Publix or Kroger. Then again they aren't stupid and know that eatting dirty food will get you sick.

Ok.. Having chickens, still alive and killed if different then it already plucked and sitting out with no way of preserving it for hours upon hours.. No wrappers here, or atleast while it is "showcased" to the customer.

HEATON
01-15-2007, 01:21 PM

Yeah I have, and that is bc they have to walk miles just to get to the market, Eva heard of Jarred? It wasn't the subway helping him.. Homie WALKED there and back. Also read where I said about Worms, a skinny figure is one result of parasites.

Hahaha Q, I was waiting and wondering when you were gonn post, I see ya name down there.. Good stuff though. Is it still possible to have the Rep thing dissabled? Like where I dont have one either way?

The Ninja
01-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Oh... well you didn't say they were plucked and killed just laying there. My fault in that case.

HEATON
01-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Haha, no worries. Like I said though same shit with the fish. No ice, no nothin...

Ran
01-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Also read where I said about Worms, a skinny figure is one result of parasites.They don't give it to you covered in parasites IIRC. They clean it and wrap it in newspaper first. Also with a lot of markets like that, with the meat hanging in the open, the owners will actually put maggots on the meat to keep it clean. The maggots actually eat the bacteria, not the meat itself.

It may be new and a bit strange to you, but even with open air markets like that, you'll be surprised to know that their actual level of health is quite a bit higher than ours. :)

Sidenote: That doesn't apply for when you do actually have to go the hospital. Their level of medical care is inferior to ours, but it's also government funded, I believe.

quickdodge®
01-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Is it still possible to have the Rep thing dissabled? Like where I dont have one either way?

In your control panel. Later, QD.

HEATON
01-15-2007, 01:37 PM
They don't give it to you covered in parasites IIRC. They clean it and wrap it in newspaper first. Also with a lot of markets like that, with the meat hanging in the open, the owners will actually put maggots on the meat to keep it clean. The maggots actually eat the bacteria, not the meat itself.

It may be new and a bit strange to you, but even with open air markets like that, you'll be surprised to know that their actual level of health is quite a bit higher than ours. :)

Sidenote: That doesn't apply for when you do actually have to go the hospital. Their level of medical care is inferior to ours, but it's also government funded, I believe.

Naw, they didn't clean any of their stuff, I was watchin other buy and it never happened.. I wouldn't really consider this open air.. I've heard about the maggots, kinda like the cheese shit in Germany. I have seen some nicer markets around here, jus this one shocked me completely. Not too man shoppers were around, small packed vendors typeashit.

Ran
01-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Naw, they didn't clean any of their stuff, I was watchin other buy and it never happened.. I wouldn't really consider this open air.. I've heard about the maggots, kinda like the cheese shit in Germany. I have seen some nicer markets around here, jus this one shocked me completely. Not too man shoppers were around, small packed vendors typeashit.Dunno man, maybe you were just in a bad part of town. When I was in Korea, the markets were packed with people and vendors. The meat was like you said, sitting out for you to look at and buy. Flies were everywhere, but that's no big deal. When my mother bought a big@ss slab of beef, I watched the guy clean the maggots off (creepy when you're 12yrs old), then rinse and wrap it. Made some d@mn good stew too.

That's another point. You gotta keep in mind that when you boil, simmer, stew, the meat or fish, the heat and/or boiling water will kill pretty much anything on it anyway.

The Ninja
01-15-2007, 01:42 PM
^^ Only if you do it right.

HEATON
01-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Dunno man, maybe you were just in a bad part of town. When I was in Korea, the markets were packed with people and vendors. The meat was like you said, sitting out for you to look at and buy. Flies were everywhere, but that's no big deal. When my mother bought a big@ss slab of beef, I watched the guy clean the maggots off (creepy when you're 12yrs old), then rinse and wrap it. Made some d@mn good stew too.

That's another point. You gotta keep in mind that when you boil, simmer, stew, the meat or fish, the heat and/or boiling water will kill pretty much anything on it anyway.

Yeah, well this isn't really a town known for it's food, just custom jerseys, clothes, blankets.. that kinda shit. I willing to bet around Seoul and the Coast its nice. But this place like the aisles were like 3-4 feet wide.

Ran
01-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Yeah, well this isn't really a town known for it's food, just custom jerseys, clothes, blankets.. that kinda shit. I willing to bet around Seoul and the Coast its nice. But this place like the aisles were like 3-4 feet wide.Yeah, I was in Seoul amd it was pretty cool. Don't expect the aisles to get any wider though. They're still narrow as f*ck and you'll be bumping into people all day. :yes:

HEATON
01-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Obviously IQ is not a factor in the recruitment process.

Still kinda curious what this ment... But I see you know Montecristo, so I can't hate too much.. Unless you havent had a real cuban #2, in that case I's just sorry.

itsjustdee
01-15-2007, 03:16 PM
don't hate on the asians bkuz u whities don't have your own culture of food besides mcdonalds! :) thats why all you white folks are fat and us asians are not :) hehe

thinkfast®
01-15-2007, 03:17 PM
McD's FTMFL!!

kittychick
01-15-2007, 04:20 PM
don't hate on the asians bkuz u whities don't have your own culture of food besides mcdonalds! :) thats why all you white folks are fat and us asians are not :) hehe
:umno:
well that's pretty general isn't it?
everyone in my family is 'white' yet my family shops in wonderful markets (in Europe especially) and cook awesome food- no McD for us- ever

HEATON
01-15-2007, 04:43 PM

Well Um, Nvm.. Not even worth the fuss over. Im willing to bet you havent read the whole thing have you? If so, you notice this has nothing to do with the food itself, but how it is kept! (wow, i really almost said a bad racist pun).. fuck it I will.. OPEN YOUR EYES and read next time.. Please no one else take offense to that!! If so, I apologize. I LOVE oriental food, I could eat Bugolgi all day everyday, Kimchee Bring it on!!

Kitty.. mmm European markets.. Good stuff, man I miss Germany.

ahmonrah
01-15-2007, 06:34 PM
HaHa.. WTF?! Ignorant.... Guess you jus have had to see it. So you all would eat food that sits out for say 8 hours at a time (atleast) in a dark, damp diseased infested area?do you eat pussy? mm hmm!

but open market are good. they have been around since the beginning of time. i've been to a few and for some reason i prefer them but i'll settle for the farmers market here.

Fast Shadow
01-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Still kinda curious what this ment...

It means you sound like a small-minded bigot. Does that clear it up for you?

The Golden Child
01-15-2007, 08:21 PM
in the poor side of any country you will see open markets like that ..

yea it might get your stomach turning a little but people need to survive ..

clean the meat well and cook it right youll have yourself a full stomach ..

HEATON
01-15-2007, 09:33 PM
It means you sound like a small-minded bigot. Does that clear it up for you?

Well technically I am not intolerant of anyother life sytle, so that kinda throws out the bigot part. Small minded, maybe.. Naw.. Im just messin.. hahaha

Honestly though, the offer still stands... But obviously since the food isn't allowed into the US... Next trip to korea anyone (ones that said shit bout me) planning.. I'll pay for hotel and food while you're here..

kittychick
01-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Kitty.. mmm European markets.. Good stuff, man I miss Germany.
I love the markets in Germany. Oh the yummy cheese and cold cuts!

Next trip to korea anyone (ones that said shit bout me) planning.. I'll pay for hotel and food while you're here..
I'm up for it:goodjob:

HEATON
01-16-2007, 07:20 AM
I love the markets in Germany. Oh the yummy cheese and cold cuts!

I'm up for it:goodjob:

Yeah, good stuff. Some is a lil too strong of a cheese, but still good.

civic95
01-16-2007, 07:44 AM
Nothing is better than a chicken that was alive 15 mins ago. Fish is the same way. A fresh bass tastes better than a salmon, tuna, whatever thats been on ice for 2 days or more. I can go to chinatown, and eat a better fish than you can buy at the Atlanta Fish Market, Atlantic Seafood Company for about 1/3 the price.

HEATON
01-16-2007, 07:48 AM
Nothing is better than a chicken that was alive 15 mins ago. Fish is the same way. A fresh bass tastes better than a salmon, tuna, whatever thats been on ice for 2 days or more. I can go to chinatown, and eat a better fish than you can buy at the Atlanta Fish Market, Atlantic Seafood Company for about 1/3 the price.

Of course freshly killed food taste better, this WAS NOT fresh. Thus the reason I made the post.. Nothin wrong with killing an animal and cooking it, jus like on the farm back in the days..

Now like you said about its not as good as it sittin on for a few days on ice, imagine the same thing WITHOUT the ice.. That's what this was.

Anyone else not yet understand???

kittychick
01-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Yeah, good stuff. Some is a lil too strong of a cheese, but still good.
hmmm... true- but on a positive note that's the best part about the idea of the market

you get to try everything before you buy it! I love that; its the best way to learn about new food (and try it) before you spend 6Euros or what have you.

I'm going to try that next time I go to the Fresh Market, "can I try your _____ cheese before I buy it please." :bump:

civic95
01-16-2007, 08:11 AM
This was a whole fish just sitting at room temperature, or was this dried/salted?

If it's salted you can leave it for a long time without keeping it cool. But IMO it anything covered in salt tastes like shit.

HEATON
01-16-2007, 08:16 AM
"can I try your _____ cheese before I buy it please." :bump:

Sounds like a good pickup line.. haha,

Yes whole fish eyes, teeth, all.. room temp, Well outside temp a lil chilly.. Naw no salt, I know about perserving and stuff and none of this was..

kittychick
01-16-2007, 08:37 AM
Sounds like a good pickup line.. haha,
oh it is ... girls should try it more often

HEATON
01-16-2007, 10:11 AM
Haha..lol BTW Congrats on ya 800th

kittychick
01-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Haha..lol BTW Congrats on ya 800th
thanks babe
http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/36/36966ozlaq1882w.gif

HEATON
01-16-2007, 10:43 AM
thanks babe
http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/36/36966ozlaq1882w.gif

Haha.. Bowchickwowwow.. it's a 15 hour flight over here.. plenty of mile high fun.. haha..

Jus messin..

kittychick
01-16-2007, 10:46 AM
^oh, and you see now I'm having fun with my own thread now
LOL

HEATON
01-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Haha, Yeah. When I posted that you were actually at 799.. lol