PDA

View Full Version : Cameleon paint and Other QUestions!

getto301
01-15-2007, 01:05 AM
ello, im dan.

im in gwinnet county, looking to buy a nice moto in a month or two, and was wondering weres a good place to get sum? i found a place at http://www.wowmotorcycles.com/ but i was wondering if anyone else knows were i can get any nice ones

my budget is pretty low since this will be my first motorized vehicle lol, ill have 2000 MAX , i would like a gsx750 but wouldnt mind a nice lookin ninja or a gsx5/600

and about painting those parts, anyone know were i can get a cool paint job that makes my future moto go from black to dark red when the light hits? *u got the idea from a porsche carrera GT that i customzed in need for speed carbon) oh and how much is that crap! if its too much ill just go to office depot and buy a large pack of black sharpies, and start doin ma own thang lol :p

thnxs!

GIXXERDK
01-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Iv'e heard nothing but horror stories about WOW

getto301
01-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Really? damn. tell what they rip off or sumthing?

David88vert
01-15-2007, 05:21 PM
WOW is too high. Look for a private seller. If this is your first street bike, get a small used starter bike first. There are numerous threads in this forum on that. Just read a little.

getto301
01-15-2007, 10:34 PM
yah i think ima get a GSXR-600, cuz i raised ma limit to 3000 buxs, i've looked around, sum sites i find good ads on , but their outdated because i call the owners n they tell me they sold their bikes a few months ago lol. anyone know a good updated listing site?

thnxs david & gixxerdk

GIXXERDK
01-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Cycle trader? I found my bike in NC, dont be scared to expand

David88vert
01-16-2007, 07:26 PM
yah i think ima get a GSXR-600, cuz i raised ma limit to 3000 buxs, i've looked around, sum sites i find good ads on , but their outdated because i call the owners n they tell me they sold their bikes a few months ago lol. anyone know a good updated listing site?

thnxs david & gixxerdk

You do not need that fast of a bike. Get a small bike to start and get good gear first. Go to the MSF course also. Between spending on gear, and going to the course, you willhave just enough left to get a good starter bike - like a GS500, EX500, FZR600, etc. Nothing fancy - because you will drop it.

Princess12
01-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Iv'e heard nothing but horror stories about WOW

Same here, I'd definitely look somewhere else

DRFTR
01-17-2007, 03:22 PM
WOW SUCKS DICK...they are a bunch of stupid assholes who know nothing about motorcycles...and most of their bikes have been trashed and fixed for sale...and there prices are horrible...i got into a fist fight with a few of the employees and owner awhile back...stay away from WOW...i have had good experiences at Metro Cycles and Freewheeling Honda both in Douglasville...i can get you a good deal at either place if you find anything there you like just let me know
-dave

Tarzanman
01-17-2007, 03:23 PM
He needs to take the MSF. I think its pretty clear that he knows very very little about motorcycles.

getto301
01-17-2007, 07:33 PM
WOW SUCKS DICK...they are a bunch of stupid assholes who know nothing about motorcycles...and most of their bikes have been trashed and fixed for sale...and there prices are horrible...i got into a fist fight with a few of the employees and owner awhile back...stay away from WOW...i have had good experiences at Metro Cycles and Freewheeling Honda both in Douglasville...i can get you a good deal at either place if you find anything there you like just let me know
-dave LOL sounds good, ill PM u if i sumthing , ima about to go look

He needs to take the MSF. I think its pretty clear that he knows very very little about motorcycles.
actually, im gona take (by force) Drivers Ed. & that Harley Davidson course Riders Edge, i dont wanna die so im takin the courses lol. its 250 for harleys course, its a week long thing, it looks good to me, i rather not take sum state crap . cuz with the harly one i get a insure discount at teh end and a license so yah.

(yo anyone know how much it usually cost for insurace on a moto, cuz ma teacher n i were talking, and he told me that on his honda he has to pay 60 a month forceful insurance since its still on a loan. Im planning to take out a 3000 loan, and make a down payment of 1000, and do a lil over double on the payments so i can finish it in 10 months)

GIXXERDK
01-18-2007, 12:06 AM
-dave

Metro Cycles haha.....:rolleyes: Metro is overpriced

I bought a bike there and returned it the VERY next day b.c I found another one for $2,000 LESS

GIXXERDK
01-18-2007, 12:09 AM
LOL sounds good, ill PM u if i sumthing , ima about to go look

actually, im gona take (by force) Drivers Ed. & that Harley Davidson course Riders Edge, i dont wanna die so im takin the courses lol. its 250 for harleys course, its a week long thing, it looks good to me, i rather not take sum state crap . cuz with the harly one i get a insure discount at teh end and a license so yah.

(yo anyone know how much it usually cost for insurace on a moto, cuz ma teacher n i were talking, and he told me that on his honda he has to pay 60 a month forceful insurance since its still on a loan. Im planning to take out a 3000 loan, and make a down payment of 1000, and do a lil over double on the payments so i can finish it in 10 months)

With Suzuki, you can get liability insurance even if you get a loan from them. They also have a $99 a month with no down payment deal(Of course they'll screw you at the end).

WickedIXMR
01-18-2007, 01:48 AM
Metro Cycles haha.....:rolleyes: Metro is overpriced

I bought a bike there and returned it the VERY next day b.c I found another one for $2,000 LESS
How do you return a bike if you already bought it?:???:

GIXXERDK
01-18-2007, 03:07 AM
How do you return a bike if you already bought it?:???:
Bitch and yell

Tarzanman
01-18-2007, 08:33 AM
and moan. Bitch, yell and moan. Also, claim racism... even if you're caucasian.

con
01-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Cycle trader? I found my bike in NC, dont be scared to expand
+1 for that sir......all of my bikes come from out of state. much cheaper to buy privately from rural areas :goodjob:

GIXXERDK
01-18-2007, 03:42 PM
I recomend Smith Power Sports, go see Fred. He'll take good care of his customers, he sends me x mas cards/birthday cards lol. What salesman does that?

David88vert
01-19-2007, 09:06 PM
KC is definately one of the cheapest dealers. It's worth the drive over to Alabama.

StupidBikerBoy
01-20-2007, 12:50 PM
and moan. Bitch, yell and moan. Also, claim racism... even if you're caucasian.

LOL +1

StupidBikerBoy
01-20-2007, 12:54 PM

thnxs david & gixxerdk
Thats a lot of bike to learn on. Stick with something smaller and less powerful until you get in some good seat time and learn how to ride in traffic.

Remember, learning to ride the bike is easy, but learning how to act in traffic is the real lesson.

Good luck

getto301
01-21-2007, 02:57 AM
guys you were right, the best deals aint here in GA, i looked in Graigslist in Miami and cycle trader for florida and north carolina, WOW, just WOW . sexy 2000 yamaha r6 for 2900, i saw 3 of those, i found a ducatti for 2900, its a 2000 ducatti supertsport 620, its amazing, im so goin to miami to get my bike.

Thats a lot of bike to learn on. Stick with something smaller and less powerful until you get in some good seat time and learn how to ride in traffic.

Remember, learning to ride the bike is easy, but learning how to act in traffic is the real lesson.

Good luck

i know i know, i just dont want to get sumthing like a 250 ninja and get rid of it after a month n have troble selling it, i see like a gilllliioonnn of those things, which probally tells me that the market for those aint so hot, im 16 man i BARELY make cash, took me 2 YEARS lol to make 3000 dollars so i cant reallly get a bike n sell off n spend more like dat, i know price will barely slip if at all, but i dont know.

DMV SUCKS!!!!!! i hate the new law, joshuas law or wtv, cuz of it im gona have to spend a extra 300, the dumb kids that go at 120mph n dont know how to drive n hit a tree mess it up for the few of us that wont do that by making us all pay 300. Worst for me i gotta spend 600 in total drivers ed 300 harleys driver edge 300. i coulda baught a helmet n two very very good padded jackets with that cash.

i dont think ill be that bad off gettin a 600cc bike, i mean the diffrence betwen it and a smaller one is the weight and top speed n accelaration. wouldnt the diffrence be in the gentleness of the wrist ? im planning to drive like gramma , 30mph lol

GIXXERDK
01-21-2007, 03:58 AM
Hey but if the deal seems too good to be true, back off b.c its a scam.. When you find a bike, PM one of us and we can try to help you out.

WickedIXMR
01-21-2007, 03:59 AM
no comment.......

getto301
01-23-2007, 03:54 PM
:( i cant get a motorcycle no more, my mother wouldnt let me she said i was too young so she made my dad not help me get a motorcycle. so now im stuck choosing between mitsubishi eclipse rs , porsche 944, or mercury couger all pimpyfyo out lol AHHH i really wanted a moto o well.

GIXXERDK
01-24-2007, 08:07 AM
:( i cant get a motorcycle no more, my mother wouldnt let me she said i was too young so she made my dad not help me get a motorcycle. so now im stuck choosing between mitsubishi eclipse rs , porsche 944, or mercury couger all pimpyfyo out lol AHHH i really wanted a moto o well.
Aww its ok.

For me, I knew my parents wouldnt approve of it if I asked. So I just went out and bought one, 2 days later there was a motorcycle sitting in my garage :D

Tarzanman
01-26-2007, 03:37 PM

+10
Your mom is a smart woman.

Extrememustang
01-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Get what u feel comfortable with. My first bike was running high 9's and top speed was 190. Thats what I felt comfortable with, then again Im a idiot.

The BUCKY
01-28-2007, 03:59 PM
missed the last couple posts^^^

David88vert
01-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Get what u feel comfortable with. My first bike was running high 9's and top speed was 190. Thats what I felt comfortable with, then again Im a idiot.

And what exactly was that? Based on your latest posts, I find it kind of hard to believe ($250K that you can't find, working at QT as Asst Mngr when 21, etc.).

And, since you are so loaded and obviously experienced, what do you ride right now?

The BUCKY
01-28-2007, 07:59 PM
yea????? what he said

Extrememustang
01-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Ok when I got out of the military my first job was at qt. I was asst manager in dacula from nov 00-feb01, then I went back in. Also My bike was a 1997 yama yzf750r. Stock hp was 125. Now after the higher compressed heads,forged internals,exhaust,indiv air intakes,stage III jet kit,went form 38mm carbs to 44mm carbs, a sprocket change and went from a 530 chain to a 520 chain. Bike was heavy but ALOT of work made it awesome.

David88vert
01-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Ok when I got out of the military my first job was at qt. I was asst manager in dacula from nov 00-feb01, then I went back in. Also My bike was a 1997 yama yzf750r. Stock hp was 125. Now after the higher compressed heads,forged internals,exhaust,indiv air intakes,stage III jet kit,went form 38mm carbs to 44mm carbs, a sprocket change and went from a 530 chain to a 520 chain. Bike was heavy but ALOT of work made it awesome.

So you are saying that you only served 3 years and got out? What kind of discharge did you receive? Most folks are not being let out after 4 years. Most Army guys are even getting 2 full tours, if not 3. Again, what branch were you in? And where were you stationed? You went back in? Where are you stationed now?

I used to have a 929 on the bottle. I've had ZX11s. I have a modded R1 here with a bottle now. I've ridden tracked 7RR with 44mm flatslides - and heavily modded.
There is no way your 97 750 was running 9s. Especially with what little bit you listed. Either you had a lot more, or you are lying. I want solid proof of these 9s.

Nothing you have stated so far sounds true. Give me your name I can check with a buddy of mine to see if he ever trained you at QT. He has been one of their main trainers since the late 90s. If you were an asst manager, you would definately know him. I'm assuming you were here in Atlanta then.

Tarzanman
01-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Dude is getting called out! maybe he was a Section 8!

GIXXERDK
01-29-2007, 10:28 PM
What is up with you people these days.. Go out and ride, save the drama.

Extrememustang
01-31-2007, 11:25 AM
I was only in 3, because my wife wound up leaving me because I was never around so I got out under being a single parent. My discharge was general under honorable. I was called back in for some bs crap that took over a month. Now I trained in dacula and then worked there. I cant remember the guys anme, he had a old toyota pickup truck, then bought a nissan maxima. I remember him saying before this ge worked at a citgo and on new years eve one night his drawer was short $500. He then went and became a 1A. Oh yea I was stainoed at Ft.Stewart in the army and I was in 703rd MSB. My mos was 88m, anything else?

Extrememustang
01-31-2007, 11:26 AM
And yes a 9.7 at a 144mph. My first few runs sucked and I dont want to say the numbers I did. So believe me or not, whatever dont really care.

speedminded
01-31-2007, 12:00 PM
And yes a 9.7 at a 144mph. My first few runs sucked and I dont want to say the numbers I did. So believe me or not, whatever dont really care.Weight is the only advantage i see....when i was running low 120's on my 955i there were several race 600's running a second faster. i hated getting beat by 600's but all the riders were around 150lbs (-50lbs less than me) with bikes that weight 150-200lbs less than mine. So if they were running low 10's to 10 flat on a built 600 then i can see a built 750 with the right sprocket getting under that.

Extrememustang
01-31-2007, 01:47 PM
Yea with the sprocket and chain conversion I was suppose to get like a 10% accelaration gain and with just the exhaust,stage III jets and filters SUPPOSEDLY a 15% hp gain. Sometimes #'s are exgaratted though

The BUCKY
01-31-2007, 03:21 PM
not on a 97 70 though

David88vert
01-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Yea with the sprocket and chain conversion I was suppose to get like a 10% accelaration gain and with just the exhaust,stage III jets and filters SUPPOSEDLY a 15% hp gain. Sometimes #'s are exgaratted though

I definately don't believe you in the least. I have done a lot of bike work over the years, and your story doesn't add up. A sprocket and chain conversion is not going to yield 10% on a 97 750 which put down about 115rwhp out of the box.

The 00 R1 that I have here has all of that - plus CF wheels, CK bodywork, and a small bottle. And I couldn't get a 9.7 out of it, if I took it to the track. Unless you had a swingarm, or slick, you would lift.

Got a pic of this 750 of yours? And a timeslip?

Extrememustang
01-31-2007, 05:28 PM
I didnt say those %;s is what I got just going by the overexgarrated numbers from the k&n and dyno jet....Here is what dynojet said....Stage III,Intended for motorcycles with stock or mildly tuned engines using a well designed aftermarket pipe and individual air filters. In most cases power increases of 10-15% can be achieved. However driveability may be compromised particularly with short stroke, high rpm motors. Here is stock then after I painted it, which was a big dumb mistake. Anyways I ran that back in 05 so sorry no time slip but what ever who cares.

Extrememustang
01-31-2007, 05:36 PM
I definately don't believe you in the least. I have done a lot of bike work over the years, and your story doesn't add up. A sprocket and chain conversion is not going to yield 10% on a 97 750 which put down about 115rwhp out of the box.

The 00 R1 that I have here has all of that - plus CF wheels, CK bodywork, and a small bottle. And I couldn't get a 9.7 out of it, if I took it to the track. Unless you had a swingarm, or slick, you would lift.

Got a pic of this 750 of yours? And a timeslip?

If you look the 1997 yzf 750R had 121. There were a few different 750s, but mine had 121.

http://www.theautochannel.com/vehicles/cycles/marque/yamaha/1997/yzf7spec.html

Also you have to look I raised the compression in it as well as other things.

I know the 95 and MAYBE 96 had 106hp