View Full Version : salvage car, can you reg it in ga?

kerndog8
01-14-2007, 10:21 PM
well... can you?

quickdodgeŽ
01-14-2007, 10:25 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/theanswer.jpg

Later, QD.

rickgiblin
01-14-2007, 10:30 PM
yes, but it must be rebuilt by a company with a rebuilders liscense, and must have pics of the rebuild. does the car have a salvage title now or a rebuilt title?

Ruiner
01-14-2007, 10:37 PM
yes, but it must be rebuilt by a company with a rebuilders liscense, and must have pics of the rebuild. does the car have a salvage title now or a rebuilt title?

Correct. You can take it to a GA DMV site and they will "authenticate" it so to speak and clear the "salvage" off of the title for you.

quickdodgeŽ
01-14-2007, 10:38 PM
Won't state records show that it was, at once, a salvaged car? Like on CarFax? Later, QD.

Sol-Badguy
01-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Won't state records show that it was, at once, a salvaged car? Like on CarFax? Later, QD.
Yes, the car just shows up with a "Salvaged History" and has " *Salvaged - Repaired " printed on the title.

rickgiblin
01-15-2007, 12:30 AM
Yes, the car just shows up with a "Salvaged History" and has " *Salvaged - Repaired " printed on the title.

very true, like my car... it was salvaged, till vins body shop bought it and fixed it then brought it to the dmv and had it checked it out. now, instead of it having a strait SALVAGE title, it now has a SALVAGE REPAIRED branding.

hope this helps you, but i know that when i went to buy mine, my bank wouldnt finance a salvage car of any type, so if your financing it, check it out.

Good luck