PDA

View Full Version : 240sx questions

Ruststang
01-14-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm thinking of doing a ka-t and was wondering what i was going to need to replace with the install.

Does anyone know if the factory fuel pump and injectors on a 92 twin cam will hold any boost?

And also Does anyone know how to install the s-afc on the ecu.. Ive seen the apexi instruction but they list two different ecu types and i dont know which i have.

HiPSI
01-14-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm thinking of doing a ka-t and was wondering what i was going to need to replace with the install.

Does anyone know if the factory fuel pump and injectors on a 92 twin cam will hold any boost?

And also Does anyone know how to install the s-afc on the ecu.. Ive seen the apexi instruction but they list two different ecu types and i dont know which i have.

stock fuel system might hold up to maybe 5psi on a small turbo, but even then you'd be cutting it close. a walbro pump is pretty cheap, and a top feed rail and some junkyard injectors isn't bad either.

you can tell what ecu you have by the sticker on it (assuming it's there). it's generally on the front of the casing. the two different ecu's should be for manual/automatic cars.

Ruststang
01-14-2007, 08:42 PM
ok so running a t25 for a bit with stock injectors and a walbro pump shouldnt be that bad until i get some money for junk yard parts.. I just didnt wont to screw anything up.

Benefit
01-14-2007, 08:45 PM
run 1psi

Ruststang
01-14-2007, 11:13 PM
run 1psi

Only 1 psi.... damnit where are all the money trees!... Hello credit card :lmfao:

Ruststang
01-14-2007, 11:16 PM
ok how about walbro fuel pump and some 300z tt injectors or some sr20det injectors which one would work better oh and a safc

bluuuurr
01-14-2007, 11:56 PM
370cc injectors are pretty much the minimum you can slide by with on a ka-t.. walbro 255lph fuel pumps are only like 100 dollars and a must

i'd reccomend a new head gasket and arp head bolts

for the long run.. look into pistons

research, try www.ka-t.org

HiPSI
01-15-2007, 09:37 AM
ok how about walbro fuel pump and some 300z tt injectors or some sr20det injectors which one would work better oh and a safc

to run the bigger injectors you must run some sort of tuning electronics, so an SAFC is a must. unless you're keeping the boost really low you'll also be needing a Z32/Maxima or Q45 maf to keep things happy, the stock one's capacities are pretty easily exceeded.

for a budget setup using a T25 minimally you'd want:
-SR20DET injectors
-SAFC
-Walbro fuel pump
-Adjustable fuel pressure regulator (1:1 rising rate)

if you want to make a little more power:
-Q45/Z32/Maxima MAF
-J&S safeguard or other timing controller

Ruststang
01-15-2007, 10:13 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RISING-RATE-FUEL-PRESSURE-REGULATOR-AIRCRAFT-QUALITY_W0QQitemZ320070189110QQihZ011QQcategoryZ33 553QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Would this one work?

SampaGuy
01-15-2007, 11:19 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RISING-RATE-FUEL-PRESSURE-REGULATOR-AIRCRAFT-QUALITY_W0QQitemZ320070189110QQihZ011QQcategoryZ33 553QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Would this one work?

on a sr20 or ca18 u would need an adapter for that one to fit. the nismo one does not need an adapter. im not sure about the KA though.

Ruststang
01-15-2007, 12:35 PM
on a sr20 or ca18 u would need an adapter for that one to fit. the nismo one does not need an adapter. im not sure about the KA though. That one is a universal one after the fuel filter i was just wondering if that whats im looking for since its a vacuum rising level one..You going to come over and help me do all this work pete? Im trying to find someone to tap my oil pan i dont know how easy it will come out or if i should take the car in and leave the pan on to be tapped..

SampaGuy
01-15-2007, 02:11 PM
That one is a universal one after the fuel filter i was just wondering if that whats im looking for since its a vacuum rising level one..You going to come over and help me do all this work pete? Im trying to find someone to tap my oil pan i dont know how easy it will come out or if i should take the car in and leave the pan on to be tapped..

yeah man ill help u out, when are u planning on doing this? give me a call sometime. are u daily driving the car right now? oh and u should probably check the compression before u turbo it.

i dont think u want to leave the oil pan on the car when it gets tapped, u dont want the chance of having metal shavings in ur oil. here is how to take it off
http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11060&highlight=oil+pan

im not sure about the fpr, i guess the rising rate is the one u need since the engine is NA originally. i dunno if i would trust that ebay brand though.

HiPSI
01-15-2007, 02:50 PM
you can tap the pan in the car, but it's really a lot more work than it needs to be because you have to pressurize the crankcase to blow out the metal shavings as you drill and it's harder to get to anyway.

i'd suggest pulling the pan for that, it'll make life easier in the long run since you wont be nursing a big oil leak.

Ruststang
01-15-2007, 04:00 PM
okay update i know have on the way to my house

t25 kit with fmic and 3 inch dp
370cc injectors with fuel rail
255lph walbro fuel pump and 240sx kit
3inch cat-back with test pipe
rising level fpr

All i need now is an oil return line (Friend at machine shop should be able to make it)
And an safc... if anyone know where i can get one of these for around 150 or less that would be awesome.

Thanks for all the help from everyone.

Evan

Ruststang
01-15-2007, 04:04 PM
yeah man ill help u out, when are u planning on doing this? give me a call sometime. are u daily driving the car right now? oh and u should probably check the compression before u turbo it.

i dont think u want to leave the oil pan on the car when it gets tapped, u dont want the chance of having metal shavings in ur oil. here is how to take it off
http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11060&highlight=oil+pan

im not sure about the fpr, i guess the rising rate is the one u need since the engine is NA originally. i dunno if i would trust that ebay brand though. I think im going to start on sunday the 28th and try to have it done and take it to tune it on monday at dyno lab or maybe mainstream i dont know who is cheaper?