PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!

A.P. Photography
01-14-2007, 06:54 PM
This is by far the best thing that has happened to me and showed me what kind of friends I have. As some of you know I was struck from behind while photographing a drift event at Turner Field. I received two broke legs, broke rib, and lacerations to my head and face. Thank the Lord that he was looking out for me as I received no head or brain trauma from the accident. All the time I was in the hospital, Hamby, Mach1girl, Ren, and Speedminded were there to keep me company and make sure I never got depressed. Thank you guys, it meant so much.

All this time, and keeping it very hush hush, Hamby and Mach1girl started masterminding one of the greatest things anyone has ever done for me. Hamby had stored my 02 civic at his house and I thought that is all that was done when in reality he had begun the transformation of my civic into a beautiful ride from a hum drum daily driver. For those of you that were there, you know how choked up I got at seeing it for the first time. It was more than I could have ever dreamed of or wanted.

At this time I would like to thank the ones of you I know who helped out on this, I am sure there is more but forgive me if I don't mention you here. I don't have a complete list of people who donated from this site.

Shops:
Batlground
Mainstream Performance
Prospeed
Dewayne Stiles

Now I am sure some of you are wondering what it looks like, below are some before and after shots. These are just quick snaps as I ran out of time today to take some really good photos. Once again thank you all who participated/helped out. It means so much. And yes, I can't stop staring at it. lol.

http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/384/civic1.jpg
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/384/civic2.jpg
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/384/civic3.jpg
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/384/civic4.jpg
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/384/civic5.jpg
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/384/civic6.jpg

Leadfoot_mf
01-14-2007, 06:58 PM
great your car is fixed but how are you?

tony
01-14-2007, 06:59 PM
wow its good to see ya back

imbosile
01-14-2007, 07:01 PM
nice to hear that you're doing good, car looks great btw

A.P. Photography
01-14-2007, 07:01 PM
I am doing better, walking with a cane now but vision is still acting up. I am back to work on a limitied basis but am starting to function like a normal human again.

R Kelly
01-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Glad to see ya back Matt, I was trying to make it out the other night but I had family stuff to take care of. Car looks good too.

Ltdnismorace
01-14-2007, 07:05 PM
congratulations on getting back to normal. I spent 38 days in the hospital a few years ago after a knife found it's way into my abdomen, being down and out sucks I know. By the way, I checked out your website and I have 2 things to say. You have talent, and if you haven't already, get your hands on mach1girl :D

Mr_Mischif
01-14-2007, 07:14 PM
We don't care about the car as much as you, so I think we'd rather know about you.

WIKDLX
01-14-2007, 07:14 PM
, get your hands on mach1girl :D

too late, I beat him to it:)

your very welcome on the car matt

thepolecat
01-14-2007, 07:15 PM
glad you survived the ordeal and the car looks hot now!

Ltdnismorace
01-14-2007, 07:19 PM
too late, I beat him to it:)

your very welcome on the car matt

congratulations to you, she's smokin man

The Ren
01-14-2007, 07:20 PM
I am so glad I was able to help out on this project.. It was priceless seeing your face and I am so honored I was able to be apart of all of this. You are a great friend and mean alot to me.. and even though we have had our moments.. I am glad that I could be there to help you out and keep you in good spirits.. Ill call you on thursday so I can deliver the car cover..
Much love,
Ren

WIKDLX
01-14-2007, 07:22 PM
congratulations to you, she's smokin man

much appreciated,we are getting married january 27th and matt is our photographer

babygurl
01-14-2007, 07:34 PM
I am so happy you are ok :) YAY!! Welcome back

DnBmama05
01-14-2007, 07:45 PM
wow looks like everything is looking up for you! i'm loving the car and still can't get over how great those picture you posted on elite are :) but everyone else is right, you're health is the most important! i don't know you personally... but it looks like you've got a lot of great friends looking out for ya!

SLOWR/T
01-14-2007, 07:46 PM
welcome back! well glad to hear your making good progress. i dont know you but, i did keep up with the thread to see how you were doing. thats real cool what they did for you with your car. hope you make a 100% recovery soon :goodjob:

Nitro
01-14-2007, 07:49 PM
Matt glad you're ok bro & back on your feet...........prayed for u the whole time........sweet job on his ride guys much props :camera:

TeeJay
01-14-2007, 07:53 PM
ohhh man thats freakin awesome, glad you are feelin better and the car looks great!! you definitely have some great friends

A.P. Photography
01-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks all for the prayers/concerns/thoughts. I could not ask for better friends and to be recovering as well as I am.

Whitney, thanks for the props on the photos and yes they are some great friends.

Nitro, thanks for the prayers bro. I needed them and still do. We need to hang out again sometime, its been a min.

Vteckidd
01-14-2007, 08:01 PM
This is one of those things that really shows how much support we all have for each other, and it was amazing to see all this come through.

All these shops working together pitching in to bring you a little smile at the end of the day and im glad you enjoy it.

Im sure alot of us wish we could have been there last night, but it was drift weekend and many of us were out of town , so im sorry i couldnt see your face when you saw the car, im sure it was priceless.

Glad to see you in good health, youve come a long way since Kodi and I saw you in the hospital that day.

Enjoy it man, its all uphill from here :)

Hulud
01-14-2007, 08:05 PM
good to see your alright

this is like pimp your ride, IA style (aka low budget)

but thats fuckin sweet as hell

A.P. Photography
01-14-2007, 08:08 PM
This is one of those things that really shows how much support we all have for each other, and it was amazing to see all this come through.

All these shops working together pitching in to bring you a little smile at the end of the day and im glad you enjoy it.

Im sure alot of us wish we could have been there last night, but it was drift weekend and many of us were out of town , so im sorry i couldnt see your face when you saw the car, im sure it was priceless.

Glad to see you in good health, youve come a long way since Kodi and I saw you in the hospital that day.

Don't worry, there were more than a few cameras there last night to catch the moment for you guys. I need to talk to you now about the struts on the front, they need to be fixed bad!!!

A.P. Photography
01-14-2007, 08:08 PM
good to see your alright

this is like pimp your ride, IA style (aka low budget)

but thats fuckin sweet as hell
Yeah but the work was all top notch. :D

Hulud
01-14-2007, 08:14 PM
Yeah but the work was all top notch. :D
sweet, i didnt mean the work wasnt good, i just meant no crazy 10 screens in there and no secret random shit in the trunk lol

Mr_Mischif
01-14-2007, 08:15 PM
What kind of performance mods does it have? I'm assuming it has performance mods since Batlground and MSPi worked on it.

A.P. Photography
01-14-2007, 08:18 PM
What kind of performance mods does it have? I'm assuming it has performance mods since Batlground and MSPi worked on it.
It is bone stock. The car was kept bone stock for over two years and now it will be transformed a little more. The outside is done and looks great so I now I will focus on a few upgrades and fixing the stereo.

Nismo
01-14-2007, 08:20 PM
That car was at my work (nalley lexus) the other day. it looks beautiful in person!

Vteckidd
01-14-2007, 09:04 PM
all of us were on a budget and i think we stretched it as far as humanly possible.

Performance wasnt something we really focused on, we wanted to give matt a clean respectable ride, something he could cruise in, get some attention, and set him apart from the rest of the crowd. Looks and appearance was the main focus.

Batlground-Springs and Body kit
Hamby/Mach1 girl- 50% of the Wheels/tires/Paint
Prospeed-Exhuast
MSPi-Install Springs/ %50 of the wheels/tires

Everyone pulled together and it was great to see. it ran down to the wire, i put the wheels an tires on the night before hamby picked it up. LOL.

We were thinking of installing a waterfall in the back seat with goldfish, but Prospeed and Turbo Dave ran out of welding gas :boobies:

EmminoDaGreat
01-14-2007, 09:05 PM
:goodjob:

BTLFED
01-14-2007, 09:28 PM

OMG I am so mad at you! Why wasn't I told?! I would have totally helped somehow! I rode up to the apartment and said to myself "Who else is here?" It was Matt's car LOL!

Great job you guys! The pics don't do it justice! :goodjob:

Vteckidd
01-14-2007, 09:30 PM
I love you Btlfed, ill call you tomrrow, we need to go to Brewhouse soon

BTLFED
01-14-2007, 09:32 PM
I love you Btlfed, ill call you tomrrow, we need to go to Brewhouse soon

Aww...I love you too, but not in a gay way.

The Ren
01-14-2007, 11:48 PM
hey hey call me!! I miss you guys

mach1girl
01-15-2007, 12:00 PM
Mike no worries my friend i got pics/videos for you, Batlground and Prospeed. It will all be on a CD for ya!

Ya'll it was the best feeling in the world to see our friend look at his car. Now he has something to focus on and look forward to being more a part of which in turn will help him in his recovery!

As to the paint, Big Kudos to Dewayne Stiles, he put a ton of time into the car. He has painted many cover magazine cars, one of which is Hambys(WIKDLX) with carbon fiber paint job that made it on the cover of Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Sept '06. Matt's car in the sun is blue, but looks black out of the sun. And no the graphic are not a sticker:). it is funny because you want to touch just to make sure.... got my hand slapped a few times for that just after it was detailed.

SCF and IA, you all donated money to the Matt Campbell fund. Now you know where the money went was to take care of the materials for his car. All labor was covered from the Speed shops and then they donated on top of that as well. Like Mike mentioned, Batlground got the body kit and springs, Prospeed(Jeff Harris and Scotty Seals) did the exhaust, Mainstream did a great job of finding the wheels and tires and getting the car lowered. The paint job was by Dewayne Stiles. He did the labor of adding the body kit, removing, blemishes (:)) and painting the car.

Mike is right we were all on a budget, ESPECIALLY during the holidays. Some folks donated 10, some more, but the real effort came as us all coming together to pull it off. Now Matt has a a good head start on working on his car!

I just think it is cool that the Imports and Domestics came together to make it happen. I apologize to those that we did not reach out to, Hamby and I are just starting to get to know a lot of you all and we were not sure who to ask.

Sooo AP change your avatar so we can see your car!

A.P. Photography
01-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Thanks to all who helped with this project. It means so much to me and yes you all will see the car out at some shows as I plan on showing it this year so everyone can see it. :goodjob:

Janice, I will get Jason to work on making me a new avatar. :D

Tracy
01-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Glad it turned out so well. Extra glad you are ok! Hope to see you soon. I haven't seen you since the last time I saw you in the hospital in Thanksgiving. I hope everything worked out with the move. You have a lot of crap! Nice crap, but it was a lot to pack and I hate packing!!!! Upside is I got to spend the day with your lovely mom. She's super cool :)

mach1girl
01-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Glad it turned out so well. Extra glad you are ok! Hope to see you soon. I haven't seen you since the last time I saw you in the hospital in Thanksgiving. I hope everything worked out with the move. You have a lot of crap! Nice crap, but it was a lot to pack and I hate packing!!!! Upside is I got to spend the day with your lovely mom. She's super cool :)

Tracy i know you miss my mustang! :D

Tracy
01-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Tracy i know you miss my mustang! :D

The mustang is HOT! Hamby drives it like a bat out of hell. Skirred the crap out of me :yes:

A.P. Photography
01-15-2007, 12:44 PM
The car is awesome, I love it. Gotta get with either you or mike so I can get the struts replaced on it. Yeah I have a story about all my stuff, remind me to tell you about it later. And yeah, mom is pretty cool.

mach1girl
01-15-2007, 01:00 PM
The mustang is HOT! Hamby drives it like a bat out of hell. Skirred the crap out of me :yes:

yes he will do that to ya! I think he has no fear!

The Ren
01-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Pretty cool.. Your mother is awesome.. she makes me feel like family whenever im around

Fast Shadow
01-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Dude that is so cool, and welcome back.

HEATON
01-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Well I dont really know ya, but congrats and get better at the same time.. Wished they had it on vid when you first saw your car... Kinda like a real life "pimp my ride"
Good to see good ppl still exist.

A.P. Photography
01-15-2007, 01:56 PM
I am not sure about video but I know there were several cameras around. I am sure photos will pop up very soon. I still can't believe it is real.

HEATON
01-15-2007, 01:59 PM
As long as theres one of you jumping up and down going oh snap, hell yeah, Id love to see..lol

BTEC
01-15-2007, 02:01 PM
congrads man. i was out of the loop for a while but i was updated constantly on how u were recovering. i didnt find out til after u were in the hospital that it was u who got hit. glad ur ok and i saw the car while it was in the process of getting done. looks good and congrads again. glad u are still here and able to keep capturing the moments that last forever (got pics?). holler!!

mach1girl
01-15-2007, 02:17 PM
I am not sure about video but I know there were several cameras around. I am sure photos will pop up very soon. I still can't believe it is real.

Oh i got video! :) may not be of the best quality but i got it!

WIKDLX
01-15-2007, 03:14 PM
yes he will do that to ya! I think he has no fear!

I scared tracy??? doubtful!, we barely even got into it...drifting 3rd on 575 is a different story however

I want a ride in the evo tracy:)

Tracy
01-15-2007, 03:16 PM
I scared tracy??? doubtful!, we barely even got into it...drifting 3rd on 575 is a different story however

I want a ride in the evo tracy:)

You got a little squirrley! It was fun, just different than I'm used too with all of that torque :D

WIKDLX
01-15-2007, 03:21 PM
You got a little squirrley! It was fun, just different than I'm used too with all of that torque :D

speaking of torque, you need a ride in my car.
as janice says, you can pet the mustang:)

itsjustdee
01-15-2007, 03:28 PM
welcome back :)

PhAtBoYMr2
01-15-2007, 03:31 PM
welcome back homie...........reps!

A.P. Photography
01-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks everyone, glad to be back. As for the jumping, not anytime soon. lol

The Ren
01-15-2007, 03:38 PM
I can't wait to see the video.. As soon as you started breaking down.. so did I.. then I look over at Janice and so is she..

A.P. Photography
01-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Sooo AP change your avatar so we can see your car!
Done :D

A.P. Photography
01-15-2007, 10:20 PM
I can't wait to see the video.. As soon as you started breaking down.. so did I.. then I look over at Janice and so is she..
Sometimes I had a hard time understanding why the people on Overhaulin broke down. Well now I know.

The Ren
01-16-2007, 05:56 AM
Well I know what your going through, so I was/am going to do for you what my friends back then did for me

BTLFED
01-16-2007, 09:43 AM
I will have to get over there during the day sometime so I can see it in the light! I was amazed at the paint in the dark, so I can't imagine how great it looks in the sun!

mach1girl
01-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Done :D

hey I recognize that pic on your avatar! that pic was taken in the rain too.

MongolPup
01-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Damn man I'm just glad to see you posting again.....not really the posting itself but it proves your out and about.

Props on the car, you have some amazing friends.

A.P. Photography
01-16-2007, 11:51 PM
Damn man I'm just glad to see you posting again.....not really the posting itself but it proves your out and about.

Props on the car, you have some amazing friends.
Thanks. And I couldn't agree more about the friends.

The Ren
01-16-2007, 11:53 PM
When you ganna be around on thursday?

A.P. Photography
01-17-2007, 08:39 AM
When you ganna be around on thursday?
Be at work during the day and at home after 5

The Yousef
01-17-2007, 09:07 AM
the car looks superb!!!

sorry i couldn't make it out matt.... :(

we always got the atlanta auto show my friend...lol

StupidBikerBoy
01-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Glad you are getting back to normal. Had no idea what the donation was for at the time, but the finished product is sweet!

Now lets see this vid!:goodjob:

AtifSajid
01-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Hey Matt,

Glad your back and getting better!!! Car looks sharp too..

A.P. Photography
01-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks guys. Hopefully I will see you all out at some get togethers soon.