PDA

View Full Version : speeding ticket

SloWRX
01-13-2007, 11:36 PM
i just got a speeding ticket going 60 in a 35 (25 over duhh) and this is my 2nd ticket the 1st one for "failure to stop at stop sign" and im wondering am i gonna have to show up at court or can i just pay the fine. I am 18 years old. And how many points will i get and will i lose my license since this is my 2nd ticket?

:piss: gwinnett police!!!!

Krazykouki
01-13-2007, 11:37 PM
show up in court...you may be able to salvage your license

Hulud
01-13-2007, 11:38 PM
if its 25 i believe you have to go, cause they gonna take your license lol

call the number on the ticket

Hulud
01-13-2007, 11:41 PM
:piss: gwinnett police!!!!
why? cause you were speeding? :rolleyes:

bdydrpdmazda
01-13-2007, 11:41 PM
if your going faster thsan 21 mph over then you have to go to court and say bye bye to your lisence. Slow down once you get them back is my advice.

imbosile
01-13-2007, 11:42 PM
i'm pretty surre that 24+ over, and being that you're under 21, means automatic loss of license...

Hulud
01-13-2007, 11:44 PM
i'm pretty surre that 24+ over, and being that you're under 21, means automatic loss of license...
:stupid:

bdydrpdmazda
01-13-2007, 11:45 PM
Lucky you,you just barely made the cut off, haha

imbosile
01-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Lucky you,you just barely made the cut off, haha

hahahahah pwned

bdydrpdmazda
01-13-2007, 11:48 PM
hahahahah pwned
reps for you my friend, Im in a generous mood.

OneSlow5pt0
01-13-2007, 11:48 PM
same im 18 and got my first ticket tonight..53 in a 35,i forgat the speed droped from 50 to 35..o,well...cop was cool,and i was nice to them,lol

Hulud
01-14-2007, 12:22 AM
same im 18 and got my first ticket tonight..53 in a 35,i forgat the speed droped from 50 to 35..o,well...cop was cool,and i was nice to them,lol
18 over, thats like $90

you dont have to worry like this other kid

he need to make sure to take some K-Y with him cause the system is about to rip him a new asshole

blurasta
01-14-2007, 12:31 AM
since everyone is talking about tickets! i got two, one in lake city during quota time bum bum bummm. heres my sign right? i think that one is 14 and another one for 15 in stockbridge where it changes. things out of towners dont realise, but iwas wondering is there a website i can look up what to get a ticket thrown out??? one the first one the cop seems have put blk for everything. kinda curious let me know please!

Krazykouki
01-14-2007, 12:33 AM
sometimes if you plead not guilty...to officer will not show up and it will then get thrown out. Other than that, get a lawyer and they can sometimes get it dropped all together or reduced. if you are younger than 21, you better get a lawyer or plead with the D/A, literally kiss their ass and they sometimes will let you off.

OneSlow5pt0
01-14-2007, 12:35 AM
does anyone know,how to tell what the remarks mean..its in code

Krazykouki
01-14-2007, 12:39 AM
does anyone know,how to tell what the remarks mean..its in code

I might be able to help...what remarks are you talking about?

OneSlow5pt0
01-14-2007, 12:41 AM
2CWIC35...its under the violation part,it says remarks,then he wrote that code

Krazykouki
01-14-2007, 12:46 AM
2CWIC35...its under the violation part,it says remarks,then he wrote that code

you have me on that one, I dont know what that is...just give it a min, someone on here should know.

Kyle
01-14-2007, 12:48 AM
I remember my sister was was clocked at 24 over, which is the exact speed at which they can take your license. Someone she knew however knew someone, so they dropped it to 23 over. It was a fucking outrageous ticket though.

Krazykouki
01-14-2007, 12:51 AM
my 19 over in Jackson, Ga, cost me 732.00$ but I kept my license...it was originally 25 over in a 45...I was 20...best friend was in a car wreck and I was in a huge hurry...fucking cop was a tool

Hulud
01-14-2007, 01:01 AM
hahaha wow, you had to pay 732 for 19 over? :lmao:

Krazykouki
01-14-2007, 01:07 AM
hahaha wow, you had to pay 732 for 19 over? :lmao:

it was either that or I loose my license...I payed the 25 over fine..thats the options they gave me...keep License and 25 over fine..or...loose license and 19 over fine...6 months vs no months..lol..you tell me

Hulud
01-14-2007, 01:10 AM
it was either that or I loose my license...I payed the 25 over fine..thats the options they gave me...keep License and 25 over fine..or...loose license and 19 over fine...6 months vs no months..lol..you tell me
first its lose

well i guess you sped so you payed the price :lmfao:

was it worth it?

Krazykouki
01-14-2007, 02:10 AM
first its lose

was it worth it?

honestly it was, I could have driven normal and made it to the hospital on time because I still made it, even though I had the Jeep pegged out the rest of the way there...it also gave me better knowledge of what not to do...

Deaf Pimp
01-14-2007, 02:35 AM
sometimes if you plead not guilty...to officer will not show up and it will then get thrown out. Other than that, get a lawyer and they can sometimes get it dropped all together or reduced. if you are younger than 21, you better get a lawyer or plead with the D/A, literally kiss their ass and they sometimes will let you off.

This method almost never works. They courts will call the police officer personally and tell him when he needs to come in. This is not something to rely on at all.

OneSlow5pt0
01-14-2007, 02:42 AM
i paying my ticket ASAP....as long as i still have my license ill be one happy cracker

bdydrpdmazda
01-14-2007, 02:57 AM
first its lose

was it worth it?
you corrected his spelling so I have to correct yours, its paid, not payed

Stormhammer
01-14-2007, 02:59 AM
I got a ticket by the GSP for doing 79 in a 55 ( I was actually doing faster and he stated he clocked me doing... faster but wrote the ticket at that - I didn't question it whatsoever ) - the guy was really nice too - he was sad that he didn't get to turn on his lights and sirens to come after me cause I was already pulled off to the side of the road... good thing I did too because 2 miles up ahead was the town of Roberta, middle of nowhere redneck town, and there was an African American Heritage festival going on and GSP was freakin EVERYWHERE :lmfao: anyways

I took the advice of others here on IA and took Defensive Driving. When I got there for my court date apparently the judge has ultimate rule and 25 over was the 4point hit - but since you take defensive driving they have to lower your speed ( as long as you bring in the certificate in with you to court ) - it also reduces your fine by 20% - and I'm 19.

And dude, you're a complete and total fucking moron for trying to be an e-thug on Gwinnett Police. They're just doing their job. Now fucking do yours and obey the goddamn speed limit, or else don't whine, bitch and complain about a ticket. That's like whining about how you didn't make some woman orgasm.

Stormhammer
01-14-2007, 03:06 AM
Also, because its 24+ over - thats a 4point infraction - and GA State Law states that any stop that tallies up to 4 points or more in tickets with the person at stake being 21 and under is automatic license suspension

so call up the D/A come monday ( dont ask about the ticket it wont have gone through yet ) and explain the situation, that you were caught speeding doing 25 over, and what the situation would be if you took defensive driving before the court date and brought the certificate in

HeLLo iM iZzY
01-14-2007, 03:11 AM
Im thinkin your license is gone dude.

That fucking sucks, but shit I been there so I know what you going thru.

SloWRX
01-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Also, because its 24+ over - thats a 4point infraction - and GA State Law states that any stop that tallies up to 4 points or more in tickets with the person at stake being 21 and under is automatic license suspension

so call up the D/A come monday ( dont ask about the ticket it wont have gone through yet ) and explain the situation, that you were caught speeding doing 25 over, and what the situation would be if you took defensive driving before the court date and brought the certificate in

thanx for the info :goodjob: , i hope the defensive driving class helps just enough for me to keep my license. I doubt it but its worth a try

Doppelgänger
01-14-2007, 11:07 AM
hahaha...bitching about getting caught being stupid. You fucked up... what so hard to understand about that???

Yeah, it was the cops fault you were speeding and got caught...yeah....gotta blame him for it :rolleyes:

SampaGuy
01-14-2007, 11:51 AM
get a lawyer. when i was 18 i got a 70 in a 45 ticket, hired a lawyer and my total was $400 for lawyer, $50 court fees, $70 for defensive driving. no points, kept my license.

Leadfoot_mf
01-14-2007, 12:06 PM
monday they will be closed.

SleeperWRX
01-14-2007, 02:33 PM
If your under the age of 21 and you wore speed more then 24 over. Its an automatic 6 months suspension. 25 Over will get you 4 points + stop sing 1= 5 Points of total. If you get a lawyer its a different story. You will keep our lisence and no points.

StupidBikerBoy
01-14-2007, 05:33 PM
If you get a lawyer its a different story. You will keep our lisence and no points.

Unless he is found not guilty, he will get some points on his lisence.

My advice:

1) go to a defensive driving school asap, save your paperwork from them.

2) Call the probate clerk and see if you can speak with the judge about your situation. Try to meet with him. If so, see if theres anything you can do to help keep your lisence. Also, ASK IF HE WILL ACCEPT A NOLO PLEA. This will keep you from losing your lisence, but its the judges descretion whether or not to accept it. You'd be surprised what some judges will do if you show some effort.

3) If #2 doesn't work, hire a lawyer and start saving your money.

Good luck:goodjob:

blurasta
01-14-2007, 08:06 PM

by the time i have to go to court ima be 21 ;) i dunno if that counts?

StupidBikerBoy
01-15-2007, 12:25 PM
by the time i have to go to court ima be 21 ;) i dunno if that counts?

Nope, but it may help your case.