PDA

View Full Version : integra ignition problems

madwick
01-13-2007, 12:14 PM
94 2-dr 5spd gs-r

i got it running, thanks to Mainstream, drove it on and off teh trailot and into the shop. assembled the front end and wanted to go for a nice breaking in drive... little did i know that the damn car won't start!!!

symptoms;
not the battery its on a charger and its fully charged.
not the starter (i don't think) it's a year
when the key is turned into the second accesory spot the fuel pump should turn on but i don't hear it. also the oil light doesn't turn on for the second after engsgagement.

after reading some posts i think i've come down to 4 things

stater switch
starer relay
ignition switch
ignition relay

please help

madwick
01-13-2007, 05:32 PM
seems as if it's the starter.

gone to advance to get it tested...

EmminoDaGreat
01-13-2007, 06:13 PM
check fuses first...

crxtreme2o3
01-13-2007, 07:02 PM
take a wire and jump it from the + side of the battery to the black/wire wire on the starter (with key in on position) if that jumps it...its not the starter...if would be helpful if you had a test light. but atleast that would remove starter from your list...most likely its your ignition switch

madwick
01-15-2007, 08:59 AM
i tried jumping it and it seems like it's the ignition switch. the starter is working but not in the best condition so i'll replace that tehn order the ignition switch after install. any ideas on where to order one or is that just a factory order?

madwick
01-17-2007, 07:47 PM
so what the fuck... i can give the starter 12v and a solid ground and it won't even try to turn! is it that the engine isn't grounding the starter housing? b/c it is. and the engine ground is a perfect ground. the check engine light is solid. stays on. turns off when engaging into start up then back to being on when in the on position.

please guys i beg of your assistence, this car is killing me!

madwick
01-17-2007, 07:49 PM
tested the ignition switch and its good
battery is good
starter is good
engine isn't locked up
pgm-fi main relay is good
fuel pump is fine (when jumped at the connectors)

what else is there to check for?

scttydb411
01-17-2007, 11:56 PM
jump the svc connector to see what code you're getting...that may help.

after jumping the svc connector and the light is still solid your ecu died, fried, etc.

madwick
01-18-2007, 05:56 PM
okay now to be for sure, what do i do to test the ecu and make sure thats the prob?

scttydb411
01-18-2007, 08:36 PM
if you're getting the solid cel after jumping the svc connector try a known good ecu to see if that clears up the problem. if not then there is another issue more than likely in the wiring.

madwick
01-18-2007, 09:29 PM
k i got an ecu ill try tomorrow but if its not the ecu, what part of the wiring should i check? i didnt touch anything since i got home...

scttydb411
01-20-2007, 06:17 PM
k i got an ecu ill try tomorrow but if its not the ecu, what part of the wiring should i check? i didnt touch anything since i got home...

that's the million dollar question. digital volt meter and tracing wires. when something like this happens and you check all the obvious things it's a time consuming trial and error check.

madwick
01-21-2007, 05:55 PM
i found it! for some reason the mount on the tranny wasn't tightened all the way so i tightened it and its awesome! runs great but running lean so i need those 310cc inj that mike has so you can tune it with chrome pro and i can be happy :)

also, if i were to get a 70mm throttle body, would that be something i would need for better hp?