PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, a couple of more street-racing deaths...

quickdodge®
01-13-2007, 07:44 AM
Happened on Lee Rd. this morning in Atlanta. An Acura, with 2 dudes inside, was racing another car when, of course, the driver lost control and slammed into a MARTA station barrier and burst into flames, killing the two guys. The other car left. Many witnesses saw the incident, saying they were well over 70mph. I guess people will never learn until they're dead. Later, QD.

TeeJay
01-13-2007, 08:03 AM
Happened on Lee Rd. this morning in Atlanta. An Acura, with 2 dudes inside, was racing another car when, of course, the driver lost control and slammed into a MARTA station barrier and burst into flames, killing the two guys. The other car left. Many witnesses saw the incident, saying they were well over 70mph. I guess people will never learn until they're dead. Later, QD.
so i guess its safe to say people will never learn :lmfao:

Bballjamal
01-13-2007, 08:16 AM
umm emm

quickdodge®
01-13-2007, 08:22 AM
^^^Huh? Later, QD.

David88vert
01-13-2007, 08:32 AM
I challenge QD to a street race! My Big Wheel vs his Green Machine .....

quickdodge®
01-13-2007, 08:34 AM
On. Later, QD.

Crazy Asian
01-13-2007, 08:43 AM
GO SPEED RACER GO !!!1

RISKYB
01-13-2007, 10:04 AM
that really makes the rest of us look that much better in the public eye

TIGERJC
01-13-2007, 10:06 AM
his car must have been filled with NOS for it just to burst into flames, I saw something like that IN THE MOVIE F&F

Bballjamal
01-13-2007, 10:13 AM
^^^Huh? Later, QD.

Lol! I was just shaking my head in disgust and typed umm emm (damn)...

:tip toes away: :ninja:

BiH1320
01-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Dammn. Looks like people never learn these days till something bad happens. And when that happens its too late. I mean I can say "ohh its never gonna happen to me" but what if it does? STREET RACING IS BAD!

:)

PhAtBoYMr2
01-13-2007, 10:20 AM
"SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA RACE"

TeeJay
01-13-2007, 10:21 AM
MARK, ITS NOT HOW YOU RACE YOUR CAR, ITS HOW YOU STAND NEXT TO YOUR CAR. YOU BETTA LEARN THAT

PhAtBoYMr2
01-13-2007, 10:25 AM
HAHAHAHA LIRL :lmfao:

Mr_Mischif
01-13-2007, 10:50 AM
I love how whenever we talk about street racing it devolves into some F&F quotes; the original though, not the ghey-ass 2F2F or un-JDM-TyTe Tokyo Drift

JITB
01-13-2007, 11:07 AM
id feel really stupid if i died in a street racing accident..

PhAtBoYMr2
01-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Some people would feel stupid, while others wouldn't mind dieing that way.

JITB
01-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Some people would feel stupid, while others wouldn't mind dieing that way.

id like to see that line of people who wouldnt mind dieng in a street racing accident. they might as well go kill themsleves now, and eliminate the risk of them killing someone else.

koukis14
01-13-2007, 11:36 AM
id like to see that line of people who wouldnt mind dieng in a street racing accident. they might as well go kill themsleves now, and eliminate the risk of them killing someone else.

In the world we live in today there are people that live thier life a quarter mile at a time, and in that moment they are free. You have to ask yourself. If you died in a moment of glory.....would that feeling stay with your soul for eternity? Or would it be spread 60 yard along hot asphalt like the lifeless corpse of a retarted street racer.

PhAtBoYMr2
01-13-2007, 11:39 AM
if you were to die racing (if you were wining) you would probably be smiling and happy with an adreneline rush but if your losing and you die you just suck at life.

I mean no one wants to die, but there are much much worse ways of dying.

quickdodge®
01-13-2007, 11:44 AM
if you were to die racing (if you were wining) you would probably be smiling and happy with an adreneline rush but if your losing and you die you just suck at life.

I understand what you're saying, but if you bring those people that have died while racing and ask them if they would do it the same way, how many do you think would say yes? I can guarantee you that less than 5% would. Later, QD.

koukis14
01-13-2007, 11:45 AM

No I would be worried I might hurt my friend, like the dumbass in the story this post was started about. Unless your going 150mph you have plenty of time to think about shit before you slam into a big hunk of darwinism...in this case, a MARTA station.

The Ninja
01-13-2007, 12:00 PM
No I would be worried I might hurt my friend, like the dumbass in the story this post was started about. Unless your going 150mph you have plenty of time to think about shit before you slam into a big hunk of darwinism...in this case, a MARTA station.

haha a hunk of darwinism. +1 for you

**EDIT: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to koukis14 again.

JITB
01-13-2007, 01:58 PM

i dont know flying off the road at 80+mph into a tree, or a pole isnt that glamorous, and i highly doubt anyone who dies in a street racing wreck has a smile. If we were talkin about going out in a blaze of glory.. like a big ass dramatic shoot out for ur family against the russian mafia after you have kiilled like 95% of them.. on some bruce willis die hard shit.. than id agree....

PhAtBoYMr2
01-13-2007, 02:00 PM
i dont know flying off the road at 80+mph into a tree, or a pole isnt that glamorous, and i highly doubt anyone who dies in a street racing wreck has a smile. If we were talkin about going out in a blaze of glory.. like a big ass dramatic shoot out for ur family against the russian mafia after you have kiilled like 95% of them.. on some bruce willis die hard shit.. than id agree....

LoL on some scarface shit :lmfao:

But hey in the end we all gotta go sometime :goodjob:

speedminded
01-13-2007, 02:05 PM
2 dead in fiery wreck

By ROSALIND BENTLEY
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 01/13/07

A possible drag race may have been the cause of a car crash that killed two males in southwest Atlanta Saturday morning.

Witnesses said a 1994 Acura Legend traveling excessively fast on Lee Street struck a concrete MARTA support rail and instantly burst into flame near the intersection of Donnelly Avenue, Atlanta Police Department spokesman Joe Cobb said.

Police haven't yet confirmed the identities of the bodies because they were burned so badly, Cobb said.

Although several witnesses said they thought the Acura may have been in a drag race with another car, police haven't confirmed that report, nor released a description of any other car that might have been involved.

MARTA service in the area was not interrupted by the accident, police said.

quickdodge®
01-13-2007, 02:07 PM

Thank God for that. Later, QD.

Maniaç
01-13-2007, 02:20 PM
fucking idiots.... i bet they were white..... Ricers...

how do you lose control in a straight line... i was able to control my car at 140 once. No problem here. Skills

97prelude
01-13-2007, 03:28 PM
i was able to control my car at 140 once. No problem here. Skills
here u go.
http://wiki.coolmon.org/files/cookie.jpg

CHADbee
01-13-2007, 03:52 PM
2 dead in fiery wreck

By ROSALIND BENTLEY
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 01/13/07

A possible drag race may have been the cause of a car crash that killed two males in southwest Atlanta Saturday morning.

Witnesses said a 1994 Acura Legend traveling excessively fast on Lee Street struck a concrete MARTA support rail and instantly burst into flame near the intersection of Donnelly Avenue, Atlanta Police Department spokesman Joe Cobb said.

Police haven't yet confirmed the identities of the bodies because they were burned so badly, Cobb said.

Although several witnesses said they thought the Acura may have been in a drag race with another car, police haven't confirmed that report, nor released a description of any other car that might have been involved.

WTF?

vjizzle
01-13-2007, 04:34 PM
that really makes the rest of us look that much better in the public eye

the public dont like us just cous we cool... so i say fuck the public they will all be dead in 15 years anyways and we will take over their spots.. but for now fuck them.:D

Krazykouki
01-13-2007, 04:35 PM
the public dont like us just cous we cool... so i say fuck the public they will all be dead in 15 years anyways and we will take over their spots.. but for now fuck them.:D
:rolleyes:

Wurm
01-13-2007, 04:47 PM
one less idiot on the road hooooooray

con
01-13-2007, 06:10 PM
sad, I send my blessings to the families that have to deal with such a tragic loss.

Jecht
01-13-2007, 06:12 PM

Darwin FTMFW

Jecht
01-13-2007, 06:13 PM
sad, I send my blessings to the families that have to deal with such a tragic loss.

WHY?? If my little brother died by wrecking his car street racing, I would be too ashamed to attend the funeral!

Wurm
01-13-2007, 06:14 PM
lirl

StupidBikerBoy
01-13-2007, 06:37 PM
fucking idiots.... i bet they were white..... Ricers...

how do you lose control in a straight line... i was able to control my car at 140 once. No problem here. Skills

I'll join in the racism here.

How many white people you know that drive a 1994 acura legend?

And as far as losing control in a straight line, you know, a lot of unexpected things can happen on the road.

Hulud
01-13-2007, 06:51 PM
natural selection at its best

soplocar
01-13-2007, 06:56 PM
some people just learn the hard way, i had a bad experience street racing in summer of 2005, and since that day i promised that i would never street race again..... untill now i had kept my promise!!!
you live and you learn.

Leadfoot_mf
01-13-2007, 07:11 PM
i bet the other car was a neon.

Krazykouki
01-13-2007, 07:53 PM
My opinion on this is...you continue to do things like street racing and endangering others lives it will come back and get your ass one day. I know I cant say too much because I used to be all about some street racing, but after a few wrecks, many tickets, nights in jail...I am thankful that I didnt loose my life like that guy did, some of us are just more fortunate than others.

Josh8988
01-13-2007, 10:13 PM
This is some messed up shit and I feel for there familys and all but then I also gotta say better him than me.I used to street race but after blowing 4 motors,a few wrecks,tickets I came out fortunate.I learned my lesson the hard way but not the hardest way.

koukis14
01-13-2007, 10:16 PM
fuck shit cock balls pussy cunt

koukis14
01-13-2007, 10:16 PM
WE CAN CURSE AGAIN!!!!

quickdodge®
01-13-2007, 10:18 PM
fuck shit cock balls pussy cunt

How did I know that intelligent people would enter this thread? My bad. They haven't. Later, QD.

koukis14
01-13-2007, 10:35 PM
How did I know that intelligent people would enter this thread? My bad. They haven't. Later, QD.

My first negative post from QD, I can now say my life is complete.

Mr_Mischif
01-13-2007, 10:39 PM

What about you?

Krazykouki
01-13-2007, 10:41 PM
My first negative post from QD, I can now say my life is complete.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m74/nismo200r/COOKIESS.jpg

con
01-13-2007, 11:46 PM
WHY?? If my little brother died by wrecking his car street racing, I would be too ashamed to attend the funeral!
I think you failed to notice that my blessings were to the families who have to deal with the shit, not the departed........

koukis14
01-14-2007, 12:11 AM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m74/nismo200r/COOKIESS.jpg

The last thing my fat ass needs is a cookie.

JITB
01-14-2007, 03:08 AM
it took me 3 days in fulton county to realize how stupid street racing is.

quickdodge®
01-14-2007, 07:34 AM
What about you?

What about me? Later, QD.

David88vert
01-14-2007, 07:35 AM
Funny how my father's generation had no trouble street racing, and neither has mine, but now there are problems.....

There are reasonable ways to be able to race pretty safely on the street. Unfortunately, no one seems to be able to use their brain to learn them now-a-days, so you have people ending up dead.

There are still a lot of people that race on the street safely in Atlanta. BUt they don't get out there and take chances like the people on here. And they don't try to do it all weekend, every weekend.

It's not the street racing that is dangerous, it's the drivers that don't think before they get out on the road. And those same drivers are dangerous anytime they are driving, not just when they are racing.

It's sad for the families that lost these 2. They were in a stock 4dr Legend from the news clip last night, and the cops did not confirm that they were racing - yet.

David88vert
01-14-2007, 07:37 AM
What about me? Later, QD.

What about you? You can't street race, we all know that. Find another way home, beer boy!:D

quickdodge®
01-14-2007, 07:47 AM
Heheh. Listen here, man. I....er......um.......you know what? I'm going to......uuhhhhh......you know......I'll.........yea...............you'll see. Later, QD.

Jecht
01-14-2007, 08:07 AM
I think you failed to notice that my blessings were to the families who have to deal with the shit, not the departed........
I did notice, I was implying that if I were them, I would not have anything to do with it. I would pay any fees that the cops required from the wreck and never say or think about it again.

toonz
01-14-2007, 09:50 AM
All BS aside "this is sad to hear"

PhAtBoYMr2
01-14-2007, 09:54 AM
I would like to stop street racing, But the feeling is like no other in the world.

Mr_Mischif
01-14-2007, 10:18 AM
I would like to stop street racing, But the feeling is like no other in the world.

LOL @ Mark getting all F&F

I live my life a quarter-mile @ a time; and for those 14 seconds or more, I'm free.

PhAtBoYMr2
01-14-2007, 10:23 AM
I NEVER SAID THAT

koukis14
01-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Funny how my father's generation had no trouble street racing, and neither has mine, but now there are problems.....

There are reasonable ways to be able to race pretty safely on the street. Unfortunately, no one seems to be able to use their brain to learn them now-a-days, so you have people ending up dead.

There are still a lot of people that race on the street safely in Atlanta. BUt they don't get out there and take chances like the people on here. And they don't try to do it all weekend, every weekend.

It's not the street racing that is dangerous, it's the drivers that don't think before they get out on the road. And those same drivers are dangerous anytime they are driving, not just when they are racing.

It's sad for the families that lost these 2. They were in a stock 4dr Legend from the news clip last night, and the cops did not confirm that they were racing - yet.

There was alot less people on the roads back then...and alot less dumb people too

StupidBikerBoy
01-14-2007, 02:07 PM

+1 I agree

Maniaç
01-14-2007, 02:13 PM
for all you bitches that told me to have a cookie... yes i would love one.

and ill say it again........... idiots that can't drive.....

Late_

ISAtlanta300
01-14-2007, 02:38 PM

That's because in your father's generation not every 16 year old kid had a souped up hot rod. And you practically would have to take it up the pooper before he let you borrow the car keys.

David88vert
01-14-2007, 07:31 PM
That's because in your father's generation not every 16 year old kid had a souped up hot rod. And you practically would have to take it up the pooper before he let you borrow the car keys.
Shit, my father start building race car at a shop when he was 15. He had to pay the bills because his father had died when he was 12.
I grew up with fast cars, and my father took me street racing when I was old enough - he tossed me the keys and told me not to lose.
Back then, we just didn't race on main roads, or take risks on the highway.

BlkCD5
01-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by JITB
i dont know flying off the road at 80+mph into a tree, or a pole isnt that glamorous,

Trust me, I didn't have smile on my face with the accident i had. I wasn't racing, but lost control and hit the tree at about 25mph less than they did. Scariest shit ever :( . I didn't even realize what i hit until i got out of the car.

trini_gsr
01-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Lee Street? i know that area pretty well from my GA Tech days...that's over in West End/AUC area. spelman college (all girl 99.8% black college FTMFW) is on Lee Street, i used to hang out over there a lot back in the day lol.

if they hit the marta barrier (the West End station is off Lee St) then they prolly were up past the west end mall...

it's been awhile since i been over there but from what i recall those roads weren't in the best shape. to be honest i can't imagine folks really trying to street race down Lee St period. especially with a 4 door legend. West End station is really close to I-20 too (there's a Lee St exit), walking distance, maybe a mile or so? so you'd figure folks looking for a race would just jump on the hwy...

the area is kinda grimey too, it's definitely hood over there. i just can't see folks trying to race over there...

so unless it was some AUC kids...there might be another explanation besides racing...

Sol-Badguy
01-14-2007, 09:18 PM
"I end my life a quarter mile at a time."

Stupid kids.

ahmonrah
01-14-2007, 10:22 PM
What about you? You can't street race, we all know that. Find another way home, beer boy!:D:lmfao: you stupid!

1SICKLEX
01-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Fucking people been racing since the stone ages when people had their first wheel.
Then when horses got domesticated, guess what, we raced those.
Then when we built the steam train, there were races then.
When the car got built, we raced that right away.
Hell there was the SPACE race in the 1960.
PEOPLE RACE, that is just WHAT WE DO.

It is sad people died here but street racing HAPPENS. Sad but true. And it WILL NEVER END.

If you do street race, maybe do it by yourself. Don't endanger your friends.

ahmonrah
01-14-2007, 10:26 PM
yeah, i drive fast all the time, and i've got the dmv record to prove it. i dont speed(often) with peoples along for the ride, because i'd hate for them to be slapping me for all eternity for ending their lives and mine.

ok i'll be honest. i need new tires, an alignment and some engine work done. i don't be speedin for shit.....that'll send me to the shop faster.

quickdodge®
01-14-2007, 10:27 PM
If you do street race, maybe do it by yourself. Don't endanger your friends.

Or, more importantly, people who want to live. Later, QD.

Slow Motion
01-14-2007, 11:20 PM
The one thing i can say is that racing has its good and bad points, highs and lows. Good decisions and bad ones. And if you do decide to race do it safely, and do it alone. I do like the rush of driving at high speeds but I do not endanger the lives of others with me in my car. Racing is now a sport. Racing will not end, not downing anyone who does not like to race. But the feeling is incredible, and to chase that feeling is to take a risk. To live life is to take a risk. You can follow ever street sign and take things as cautious as you want to and still die from a car crash. But to take risks is to live life. But if you have kids i wouldn't suggest putting yourself in a situation where you will leave from here( no matter what your beleifs are) due to chasing a feeling. That is all.

quickdodge®
01-15-2007, 06:54 AM
I'm assuming you are talking about illegal street racing. There are pretty much zero valid points in your post:

The one thing i can say is that racing has its good and bad points, highs and lows.

There is NO good about it if done illegally.

And if you do decide to race do it safely, and do it alone.

"Gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman."

I do like the rush of driving at high speeds but I do not endanger the lives of others with me in my car.

So you endanger the lives of others in someone else's car?

not downing anyone who does not like to race.

You can't down people like me because I'm not the one putting others at risk.

But the feeling is incredible, and to chase that feeling is to take a risk.

Which you can do at any track.

To live life is to take a risk. You can follow ever street sign and take things as cautious as you want to and still die from a car crash.

But you're not out, deliberately doing something that could be fatal or harmful.

But if you have kids i wouldn't suggest putting yourself in a situation where you will leave from here

So it's ok to endanger other people if you do not have children. Bullshit. Later, QD.

Halfwit
01-15-2007, 06:58 AM
"SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA RACE"
DAVE CHAPPEL FTW

ISAtlanta300
01-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Shit, my father start building race car at a shop when he was 15. He had to pay the bills because his father had died when he was 12.
I grew up with fast cars, and my father took me street racing when I was old enough - he tossed me the keys and told me not to lose.
Back then, we just didn't race on main roads, or take risks on the highway.

Wel... congrats? maybe you took it up the pooper? LOL

But seriously, i am talking in general here. 16yo back then and 16yo now.. totally different.

quickdodge®
01-15-2007, 12:44 PM
. 16yo back then and 16yo now.. totally different.

I will definitely agree there. Later, QD.

David88vert
01-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Do you really think that people are any different now than 1,000 years ago? People don't change. They make the same mistakes over and over again, generation after generation. Things around us change, but people themselves, and their mentality don't. Your parents generation, and their parents generation, each said the exact same things that you say now, and your kids will say the same thing about the generation after them. Just relax and live your life the way you believe is right, and don't worry so much about what everyone else does. You cannot control it, just like your parents generation couldn't control what you did either. You have to look after yourself and your own family.
These guys - if they were street racing - did the exact same thing their parents and grandparents generations did - but they made the mistake, and paid the price. Last I saw earlier today, they still couldn't say for certain that they were racing, and now they are saying that they estimate that they were going around 80mph. That's not an "insane" speed.... andyone could have been doing 80 almost anywhere... and everyone on this forum has done 80 on a road other than an interstate, I bet ...

quickdodge®
01-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Do you really think that people are any different now than 1,000 years ago? People don't change.

I actually think today's children a far worse, morally, than my generation and the generations before me. People these days care a lot less about anything, but themselves, than they did before. Not saying you didn't have your run-of-the-mill hoodlums from back then, but there are more real harmful people now. There is no, "Let's go out and fight this out" anymore. It's all about guns and killing folks. Later, QD.

ejjarrett
01-16-2007, 10:45 AM
huh?