PDA

View Full Version : What thread would you put this under?

EvasiveEF9
01-12-2007, 09:31 PM
There's a possibility my ECU is shot in my car, and I'm looking to find someone that has one that definitly works so that I can see if thats' the problem with my car...which section would you put it under?

Needing an OBD1 PR4 ECU to test to see if mine's bad...

Thanks...

Brett
01-12-2007, 09:50 PM
General tech

scttydb411
01-12-2007, 09:57 PM
i'd be happy to take a look at the ecu to see what might be the issue. is it stock or chipped?

EvasiveEF9
01-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Sorry, passed out last night...

ECU is stock. Entire engine is stock. Was just put into a 91 civic hatch. I switched everything over to OBD1. Originally, it was giving me an error code of 4, 6, and 5. I reset it and ran it for a few minutes, revved it a couple times, checked teh codes and got a code 1. I reset it again and drove it around, checked for codes, and now it flashes no codes, but the engine light stays solid on. If I'm not mistaken, this means "Back-Up system" (according to Helms) which means there's a possibility the ECU is bad. That's how I came to my conclusion...

What it's doing is running fine for the lower half of the powerband, but when I get about halfway through, it's almost as if it's choking itself out. I've checked the timing, and it's fine... New fuel filter, air filter, and tested the fuel injectors about two weeks ago. The car wasn't having problems at that point in time, but they checked out fine then. I don't see why they would have gone out between then and now. Also, the fuel pump and fuel main relay are engaging and are putting pressure to the fuel rail...