PDA

View Full Version : Misc Jeff Garcia vs. Donovan McNabb

JC
01-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Since we got on a huge Vick hype, I will toss this one out here because they were debating about it on ESPN radio.

Jeff Garcia has stepped up and take charge of the Eagles ever since Donovan Mcnabb was injured. The Eagles are looking better then ever. When McNabb comes back next season, do you keep Garcia as your starter or put McNabb back in to start?? If the Eagles make it to the Super Bowl does that make a difference?? Do you just abandon the quarterback that got you to through the playoff's and put him back to 2nd string, run a 2 quarterback offence, or just trade one of the players? Just your thoughts.

My Opinion:

The team is following Garcia, he is an amazing quarterback, he has the team behind him, and he has what it takes to lead the team to a Super Bowl win. Use McNabb as trading power and bring in some players that can further strengthen the team.

Sammich
01-12-2007, 03:12 PM
i dnt know i personally like mcnabb alot, he's able to scramble...unfortunately not all the time. i see what u are saying, cuz garcia is barely getting touched, the offensive line is protecting him like a real offensive line is suppose to. i think if they did the same for mcnabb, the team would be just as potent.

IMO keep mcnabb and put him back in

JC
01-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Here is a quote that McNabb's mother posted in a blog on his website

"We want our team to win and even go to the Superbowl and win it in Miami especially if they continue to play as they have. But oh oh, if they win the Superbowl without my son, what would be the real outcome with the fans? Will they crucify him?"

Also, I believe that Garcia becomes a Free Agent in February.

Sammich
01-12-2007, 03:16 PM
yea they will crucify him, they of course are going to blame mcnabb, even with what he's maintained as a QB..from what ive heard, mcnabb doesnt have that much support from eagles fans now as it is

ksinao
01-12-2007, 09:29 PM
if they win the superbowl they will keep garcia, if they don't i think they will start mcnabb.

97ITR86
01-12-2007, 10:27 PM
If McNabb is 100% next year he will start hands down. It isn't even something to be questioned. The only scenario of where it would be Garcia starting is if they trade McNabb.

OneSlow5pt0
01-12-2007, 10:39 PM
u put Jeff in a west coast offense like philly...hes money

Sibious
01-13-2007, 12:08 AM
im sry but am i the only one that saw Garcia, when he was with the 49ers. not good under pressure. he is going to fuck it up. i say go with McNabb for the begining see how he fits back in and work with it from there.

ksinao
01-13-2007, 12:19 AM
im sry but am i the only one that saw Garcia, when he was with the 49ers. not good under pressure. he is going to fuck it up. i say go with McNabb for the begining see how he fits back in and work with it from there.

in 2000 he had 4200 passing yards 31 TD's, and 10 INT. in 2001 he has 3500 yards, 32 TDS and 12 INT. in 2002 he had 3300 yards, 21 TDs, and 10 INT. and in 2003 he had 2800 yards (13 games) 18 TD's, and 13 INT. His QB rating was never under 80 for any of those seasons, and had a high of 97.

yeah, horrible seasons

Sibious
01-13-2007, 12:25 AM
ya stats can tell you the truth. but where was in the playoffs. there are awsome QB's out there but it all comes down cna they hold the pressure and bring the trophy home. anad w. garica i say..no.. just my :2cents:

bdydrpdmazda
01-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Mcnabb FTW. The Eagles will keep him as starter as long as he is healthy, he has lead the Eagles to winning seasons every year since taking over and they wont abandon him.