PDA

View Full Version : Misc Sports Car GT!

Elbow
01-12-2007, 07:44 AM
OLD SCHOOL FTW :goodjob:

Anyone here play the good old Sports Car GT for PC? I have had it for a few years and just re-installed it. For being probably 9 years old or so, it is still a lot of fun. Graphics are not THAT bad, they are doable. The AI crashes and spins, they will spin you out, lots of tracks, real damage, etc.

The part that makes it so much fun though is the add ons available. I truly believe you can get ANYTHING for the game. From a blimp, to a plane, to a motorcycle, to F1 cars, ALMS cars, drag cars, etc. Tracks, you can find anyone. Street tracks, updated tracks of the ones on the game, Robeling Road, Barber, Nurburgring, you name it. :goodjob:

The game has A LOT of aftermarket support, there is something called ALL DASH I downloaded that puts a dash to every car. Instead of the basic generic dash on the game.

In the end sure, GT4 and all the big time games kill it, but SCGT is a blast, and will never leave you bored. Plus I think I got it for like $8.00 with Superbike 2000 or something included.

So...anyone play it?

man
01-12-2007, 09:16 AM
I've been hooked on rFactor recently... excellent sim game for the pc with tons of mods.

Elbow
01-12-2007, 05:42 PM
really? might have to check it out, but my PC is slow lol and SCGT works pretty good with basic PC mods

quickdodgeŽ
01-12-2007, 05:48 PM
That's not an old school game. Later, QD.

97prelude
01-12-2007, 06:10 PM
Sports Car GT ftw!!!!! i used to play that game so much. i havent played it in years. i think im gonna go reinstall it on my new comp.:D

JITB
01-15-2007, 01:59 AM
that is a fun as hell game.. i was always impressed how fun it was for a pc racing game..

The Ninja
01-15-2007, 08:31 AM
I play Trackmania. The game is addictive and VERY challenging, it has courses for those of all skill level.

Nippon
01-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Quick, SCGT was out in 97... that shit IS old. lol.

SCGT are where my modding roots started. I was a modder for the JGTC mod. I made physics for the game. After that I did mods for ISI's later games like F1 2K##... then SIMBIN got big, my boys all got corporate and made GTR1. With its success, they went on to GTR2.

Thats all I play. Got alot of people hooked on it. BTW. SCGT was a great game of its time. It was so open end.

man
01-16-2007, 10:04 AM
really? might have to check it out, but my PC is slow lol and SCGT works pretty good with basic PC mods

Go download the demo and check it out.