PDA

View Full Version : Just a little humor (sorry if i'm in the wrong posting..if so i'll delete..can i?)

jmmx258
01-12-2007, 03:08 AM
So last week, I broke a timing belt in my 96 Civic. Junked 8 valves. I was going to do the valve job myself, but I wasnt paying for the job or the parts and the person who was insisted that it was done at a shop. No problem! haha Less work for me. So we tore it down had the head done, (took about 4 days). Anyways, got the head back, and I put the motor all together, checked compressoin 150 passenger 1 to 3rd over, and 145 on the end.

I got all my wires, hoses and the likes hooked up, speedo cable. Sat in the car hit the key...turned over with not even an attempt in starting!!! re did the timing 4 times i might add..getting Very heated. I could smell gas, but i thought being as i didnt have the exhaust bolted up when i checked compression thhats why i was smelling it. So i randomly just got in and tried again, still to no avail.

I stood infront of the car for about 10 minutes scratching my a$$ trying to figure this out. Finally i decided to check wires lol. Forgot i didnt have my intake on so i thought maybe the map sensor not being plugged in was going it. Hooked that up..Nothing again. started checking over the injector plugs thinking by some stroke of dumb luck i got them plugged in wrong. Then there it was. Genius mechanic that I am, Forgot to hook up the fuel line!!! hahahaha

Hooked that up, turned the key on and off a few times just to be certain there was gas in the fuel rail. Hit the key, didnt even THINK about not starting, she fired up and purred like a kitten! lol

I know this was pointless but i figured ya'll could use the humor. Everybody has a stupid mess up every now and then lol.

Hektik
01-12-2007, 04:31 AM
yea we all have pulled random shit at one point or another. big props on doing it urselve rather than paying a rapist err i mean shop..

jmmx258
01-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Oh man, shop labor SUCKS!! I never had a lot of cash! lol so I learned young to do all of my own work. Cars, and Dirtbikes (i race motocross). I've had to do a lot of civic motor work. These D series motors SUCK! haha

DrunkScotsman
01-12-2007, 01:38 PM
D series FTW!

jmmx258
01-12-2007, 09:36 PM
D series FTW!

I've had 3 civics, 2 of those were 91's. I went through 10 motors total in them!! lol the current one, EK 96..I went through 3 lol. Sad thing is, i keep up on my maintenance! haha. O'welllllll

I know this is off topic, but how do i go about being able to post things for sale? I have a stock guage cluster for an EK, with white faced guages, that light up blue and green. I need them gone ASAP for like idk 30-40 bucks. Sorry to post that off topic everybody

~The_Duke~
01-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Yup me and a buddy had one of those moments while putting my CAI on...we put the MAF on ass backwards and talk about funny sounding engine noise when it started up...just being cut off...as we are both sitting there going yup we hooked up the MAF backwards...

jmmx258
01-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Well, i'm pretty sure i'm gathering Mass Air Flow?...but i'm not sure what CAI is?