PDA

View Full Version : Might have killed the ZE

kfzemx3
01-11-2007, 07:05 PM
I've been having some problems with overheating well i finally figured out it was blockage in the heater core. Well yesterday as i was checking coolant levels to make sure everything was ok, i pull my dip stick and relise i'm somewhat low on oil. But considering its about time to change the oil i didnt think nothing to big about it, and just added a little to it.

Well today I run to work to grab my check before i head to class, and i hear the typically HLA noise from no oil at startup, which usually it goes away after a few mins. Well i get to work and start the car up after grabbing my check and the noise is still there. Got home and checked the oil and its BONE DRY. well i go and look where i parked the car the night before (3 roomates so i dont always park in the same place), and well there is a nice big oil puddle.

I sprayed the engine down cleaned all the oil from the lower half of the car so i can try and detect where its leaking oil, and i fill the car back up with oil and and crank it up to build up the pressure, well it starts to drip drip drip, and i start looking around and notice its coming from above teh power steering pump. I notice smoke coming off the exhaust from where oil is on it.

I started feeling around and sure enough i feel something like a jagged edge on the part of the head where it should be nice and smooth, i pull my hand back and its got a nice buildup of oil on it.

So in short I think I may have a cracked head, pulling the IM tomarrow and i'm hoping that its just a bad seal and maybe the jagged edge i felt is a casting mark.

I'll keep people posted

Kamikaze
01-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Hope it's nothing too serious.

kfzemx3
01-11-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm still hopeful that thats not it, but i'm just sorta betting on the worse

Siverprobegt
01-12-2007, 12:18 AM
i can sell u some klze heads if u need them,let me know....Where you live at???

kfzemx3
01-12-2007, 07:21 AM
i live just south of norcross in chamblee

Twinturbo6
02-06-2007, 07:23 AM
Hell I have a whole probe with the entire ze engine in it, no miles since swapped... I need to get rid of. Needs tlc, and a front bumper.

kfzemx3
02-06-2007, 01:02 PM
the motor is ok though if you have a turbo manifold :)

Siverprobegt
02-06-2007, 01:55 PM
the motor is ok though if you have a turbo manifold :)
EBAY

kfzemx3
02-06-2007, 02:24 PM
yea i know, i'm waiting for the next one that has the manifold, hotpipes, cold pipes, intercooler setup, it will fit on teh mx3 we just have to cut and weld the cross member to fit the pipes, then modify the the cold pipes a little, not to hard though