PDA

View Full Version : window tint, did he feed me a line of BS..

ruffriderGA
01-11-2007, 06:12 PM
so today i went to get the windows on my accord tinted.

now, they were already tinted but it wasnt dark enough, and was turning purple (autozone job i guess)

so i take it to the place, the guy tells me he cant do the rear because of the defroster, he cant take the old tint off or it wont work anymore :???:

he said something or other about it peeling something off the window :???: that would make the defrost not work anymore.

so basically i'm paying 100 to only get my side windows done and the rear will stay the same (not what i planned on :( )

BUT since the rear isnt as bad as the sides are, i agreed.

now my question is, am i overpaying, and is what he said true or does he just not want to do the back window.

bigdare23
01-11-2007, 06:19 PM
I know someone that will tint the hell out of your windows for that price or around that. pm me for details!

nofive-0
01-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Yea there is a possiblity that when he takes the tint off it will rip the metal off of the window and make your tint not work. Using amonia based glass cleaner is what makes tint turn purple.

ruffriderGA
01-11-2007, 06:26 PM
I know someone that will tint the hell out of your windows for that price or around that. pm me for details!

i already payed these guys and really the whole deal just isnt going to well in my opinion.

if any of you guys from the shop are on here, i apologize. :lmfao: but they just dont seem as professional as most shops i've been to

i come in at 5:30, they close at seven. i have to work tomorrow which is friday. he says he can do it for 100

so he says it'll be an hour and a half. whatever, no problem. i just chill for 30 minutes or so browsing through their over priced audio.

so he comes back, and basically tells me that the old tint was very bad quality (I knew this. :goodjob: thats why i was getting it done again) and that it was on there really good and it was going to take an hour to get off. he tells me i have to come back tomorrow to get the actual tint done, and they will take off the old tint today

kind of pressed my buttons, because i have work after school tomorrow, i decided i'd take it to a different place then. but they already started.

so i agree to come back tomorrow.

so my car comes out from around the back of the shop at around 7:00. with window tint EVERWHERE in my interior.

i tell em vaccuum that shit out and get the chemicals off my fugging door panels. they do it, just not very good.

so anyways, i have all this glue and shit all over my windows and no tint :screwy: until tomorrow around 5 when i can come in again.

finished product better be decent :(

95droppedhatch
01-11-2007, 06:58 PM
yea it is true when they take the tint off the back it could actually break the metal stripping in you window and allowing the defrost not to work

ruffriderGA
01-11-2007, 07:01 PM
thanks, is 100 too much for just the side windows or is that about average.. from what he said hes using some decent tint he showed me what it looks like on his car

WhiteAccord
01-11-2007, 08:42 PM
YO ASS GOT RIPPED THE FUCK OFF......

That is all...

Hit me up if you really want a good place

TypeRPersonality
01-11-2007, 08:49 PM
If it's already turning purple, it's ready to be ripped off. I removed my tint myself with the use of a heat gun. There's the possibility, but i highly doubt it if the tint is already purple.

Turbodude06
01-11-2007, 10:22 PM
I can take the back window tint off and put a new one tint on with no problems, their stupid as hell:screwy: bring it to me I'll do the whole car for $155 for a two door and $175 for a four door, thats striping the old tint off and putting the new tint on and that includes lifetime warrenty let me know my number is 404-680-2293

Turbodude06
01-11-2007, 10:26 PM
thanks, is 100 too much for just the side windows or is that about average.. from what he said hes using some decent tint he showed me what it looks like on his car

if he offers a lifetime warrenty then he's using good tint, if he offers a 3-5 year warrenty it alright and if it like a 1 year its shit tint, mines lifetime....

3.5altman
01-11-2007, 10:31 PM
i paid 180 to get my altima tinted 5% all around... i still believe i got ripped off, but oh well

Turbodude06
01-11-2007, 10:33 PM
i paid 180 to get my altima tinted 5% all around... i still believe i got ripped off, but oh well

No thats about right I would charge that much, hell the shop down the street would have charged u about $225 for that car....

nautiboi73
01-12-2007, 12:25 PM
so i take it to the place, the guy tells me he cant do the rear because of the defroster, he cant take the old tint off or it wont work anymore :???:

he said something or other about it peeling something off the window :???: that would make the defrost not work anymore.

yea that is so BS. If it is done right it will not damage anything. if you didn't feel the right vibe when you walked in you should have walked out.
You are going to leave your $$thousand$$ car with someone you don't trust or is not trust worthy? :screwy: so if they mess up something , are they going to fix it? got shop insurance?

to save a few buck?

nautiboi73
01-12-2007, 12:52 PM
if he offers a lifetime warrenty then he's using good tint, if he offers a 3-5 year warrenty it alright and if it like a 1 year its shit tint, mines lifetime....
not exactly, anyone can "say lifetime warranty".
Is the warranty backed by the manufacturers? If not then it is worthless, being that if the shop closes, moves or renames then you will lose your "warranty". if backed by the manufacturer then the warranty is nationwide at any "certified Installation center"

and further more, nothing man made is going to last a Lifetime, period. we give this warranty because our manufacturers want the consumer to have the impression of high quality. All man made products have a fail rate. it will happen at sometime. the question is will you be covered when it happens.

your thousand dollar car didn't have a lifetime warranty, your $100+ thousand homes didn't have a lifetime warranty so why should a $200+ tint job last forever?

/rant

WhiteAccord
01-12-2007, 03:07 PM
/\/\ You Good...+1

Kyle
01-12-2007, 03:15 PM

That's fine IMO, but if it includes removing the tint that's a great deal. I know places that try to charge a fuckton for it.

Oh also I was quoted $210 for 3M (which is what I have) and $180. But I wouldn't say I was ripped off I just chose someone I trusted and tints for dealerships.

ruffriderGA
01-12-2007, 05:39 PM
well i got it done, it was almost dark when i got my car back so i dont know exactly how it looks but its goddam lighter than before :(

from what i can see it looks decent though, i'll let you guys know how it looks tomorrow

the shop is called new york customs in villa rica georgia off of highway 61 and i dont reccomend them to anybody, just unprofessional in general didnt get a good vibe from them at all.

Turbodude06
01-12-2007, 11:07 PM
that makes good point:goodjob: IDK my tint manufacture is the one with the lifetime warrenty If I ever have a problem, which I haven't, I just send it to them....

Is the warranty backed by the manufacturers? If not then it is worthless, being that if the shop closes, moves or renames then you will lose your "warranty". if backed by the manufacturer then the warranty is nationwide at any "certified Installation center"

and further more, nothing man made is going to last a Lifetime, period. we give this warranty because our manufacturers want the consumer to have the impression of high quality. All man made products have a fail rate. it will happen at sometime. the question is will you be covered when it happens.

your thousand dollar car didn't have a lifetime warranty, your $100+ thousand homes didn't have a lifetime warranty so why should a $200+ tint job last forever?

/rant

Turbodude06
01-12-2007, 11:10 PM

/rant

So what warranty do you offer??????

nautiboi73
01-13-2007, 11:21 AM
So what warranty do you offer??????
My LLumar films come with a nation wide Lifetime warranty. so for as long as the customer owns vehicle, they are covered. But it is non transferable, most don't care if it is or not.

My econo stuff i sell with a 5 yr. It will last longer than that but i explain to all my customers the difference and help them have "realistic expectations" from all our products.

nautiboi73
01-13-2007, 11:24 AM
well i got it done, it was almost dark when i got my car back so i dont know exactly how it looks but its goddam lighter than before :(

from what i can see it looks decent though, i'll let you guys know how it looks tomorrow

the shop is called new york customs in villa rica georgia off of highway 61 and i dont reccomend them to anybody, just unprofessional in general didnt get a good vibe from them at all.
check that defrost and make sure they still work.:goodjob:

Turbodude06
01-13-2007, 01:43 PM
My LLumar films come with a nation wide Lifetime warranty. so for as long as the customer owns vehicle, they are covered. But it is non transferable, most don't care if it is or not.

My econo stuff i sell with a 5 yr. It will last longer than that but i explain to all my customers the difference and help them have "realistic expectations" from all our products.

yea mines the same warrenty, for as long as they own the vehicle... Alot of my customers don't even care about the warranty that still suprises me...